C Ridley a bust?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I was not a Ridley fan.

With that said it's way to early.

Ridley was a 2nd or 3rd rounder for me but his college hype got him in the 1st.

This is why myself and many others liked the 2nd & 3rd round WR's better.
Word. I never understood Ridley as a 1st-round pick.

The guy isn't nearly explosive enough to get open consistently, at least not right away.

mcmvp

Reaction score
I will say this, Julio Jones was a one man show last night. He was their whole team.

Which doesn’t bode well for them. He had 13 more targets (19 total) than their 2nd most targeted receiver (Sanu). They were too one-dimensional in the pass/run balance category (43/18)...and too one-dimensional within the passing game itself. No excuse for that in a game that was close the whole way through.

InTheZone

Reaction score
2 targets 0 catches, must be old and washed up, time to retire since his young legs can't run precise routes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which doesn’t bode well for them. He had 13 more targets (19 total) than their 2nd most targeted receiver (Sanu). They were too one-dimensional in the pass/run balance category (43/18)...and too one-dimensional within the passing game itself. No excuse for that in a game that was close the whole way through.

I agree, but from what I saw Jones was the only guy that was capable of making a play. It looked like whenever they went to someone else they came up short.

I just couldn't understand why they didn't play Jones on the right side all night, Ronald Darby did a great job against him, but he was killing Mills all night.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Setting aside whether Ryan is "great", their game plan was trash and he's their fourth option. Only called 17 running plays the entire game, despite it being close.

Replacing Shanahan with Sarkisian has been a huge blunder, and why they kept him on I'll never know.
Seems like they're still making the same mistakes the cost them the super bowl.

Rayman70

Reaction score
THIS THREAD IS RIDICULOUS. The kid is a rook. Speaks for itself. NEXT.

blueblood70

Reaction score
THIS THREAD IS RIDICULOUS. The kid is a rook. Speaks for itself. NEXT.
my point is this is exactly what this board does to our players, counterpoint is Gallup will have better season and hes a rookie..why you ask, because we lack stars and he will emerge because we will target him more..thats context..

oh and you are welcome I get to add a ridiculous post to the other 100 ridiculous threads :)) touche'

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Right from the beginning , Philly was doubling J Jones in the red zone when he was in the slot position , just like in their playoff game ; Michaels and Collinsworth went on , ad nauseam , about how the Falcons worked on that all off-season to rectify their inability to get into the end zone and with a new weapon in Ridley............If that's their "solution" they are in for a very long year................................

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I LOVED IT. I have Julio on my fantasy football team. I overdrafted him a bit..but its well worth it. He's my bell cow.

I took Julio over Odell and Keenan Allen and Fournette in a .75 ppr league.

Loving my choice right now.

vicjagger

Reaction score
Is this the Fan Zone? What does this have to do with the Cowboys?

Verdict

Reaction score
Atlanta is a joke. Quinn is worse than JG...

That was a piss poor performance last night. Matty Ice was pathetic. Dak is clearly better than he is.

He had 5 chances to score from the 10 and Julio and couldn't get it done. And don't get me started on his time management skills.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Is this the Fan Zone? What does this have to do with the Cowboys?
all the Ridley talk and how the cowboys made mistake not taking him is why..

Lets Add Dallas Goedert, looked horrible last night :)))))))))))))))) im sure Rico will be better hahah jk yes its part of CZ look at the page all kinds of Eagle Falcons talk among everytime a player sis released why dont we sign them, how this any different..we are talking about competitors players and game play as it could pertain to them..finally after Sunday we will shift gears to ripping pour own once again :))

Verdict

Reaction score
It's been one game. One.

The only thing that pisses me off about Atlanta looking bad was that they gifted the Eagles a game they should have won, which seriously pisses me off. The Eagles should have lost that game..

eastsideboy

Reaction score
that was my point I was being Facetious but thought it would lighten the mood.. I predict Gallup will at least have one catch :)) a steal in the draft LOL
i hear ya. i think after 30 years im more jayded about the fans than the team. non stop *****ing. im glad i never got marred.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I LOVED IT. I have Julio on my fantasy football team. I overdrafted him a bit..but its well worth it. He's my bell cow.

Same here. He had a great night that could have been a monster night. Got jobbed out of a 50-yard catch on a blown call and then nearly had the game-winning touchdown. Still a great night though.

lukin2006

Reaction score
That was a piss poor performance last night. Matty Ice was pathetic. Dak is clearly better than he is.

He had 5 chances to score from the 10 and Julio and couldn't get it done. And don't get me started on his time management skills.

Agreed. It's nice to know there is a worse coach than we have. At the 5 or 10, if nothing is there, at least Dak will use his legs and try to score...