Signed by Cowboys C. Thornton signs with Cowboys

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You expected me to bathe in the glory very long?

{With the fourth choice in the 2016 NFL draft, the Dallas Cowboys select, Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State}

Me: How on earth are we going to get his reps split so he can get experience???

I was listening to Philly sports radio a bit ago and the host was taking shots at Wentz, since Eagles fans now think they may get him at 8. Yeah, he looks great but it's inferior competition. He's being rushed by and throwing against lower level defensive linemen and secondary players.

That's true. But nobody ever mentions he's also has the same level of pass protection and receivers.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Church and Carr are in danger of being cap casualties. The Cowboys won't even have enough to sign their draft class after this signing. If they don't sign anyone else, they could probably get enough space to keep them and only do one more restructure. If they sign even a few minor deals, something is almost definitely going to be done with one of those two players contracts.

Not true. Depending on the contract structure, doubt more than 2.5 million against the cap this year. Dallas had over 10 million before restructuring Crawford.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Thorton went undrafted and spent a year on the practice squad in Philly. He's a solid player that can play both tackle in a 4 man front, or defensive end in a 3-4.

He's a solid player that won't take over a game, but he won't hurt you either. I really like this guy.

And he got cut by Philly for some bum and resigned to the practice squad a second time.

Hoov

Reaction score
I remember his family member posted here.

And you knew that had to be true because they said they were.

LOL, that's just wrong, but I couldn't stop laughing at it.

I remember those threads, must have been brutal for him.

Plankton

Reaction score
I am very happy with the signing, but it is kind of amazing what qualifies as impressive for us these days.

I'm all about the hyperbole.

I like Thornton - he's a guy who can hold the point against a double team and even split the doubles and make plays against the inside run. He's not much of a pass rusher, but the DL is better with him on the roster.

They still have a lot of holes to fill, but this is a good signing that fixes a problem spot on the D line.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Not true. Depending on the contract structure, doubt more than 2.5 million against the cap this year. Dallas had over 10 million before restructuring Crawford.

Everything I have seen had it just under 10M.

AzorAhai

Reaction score

Not according to overthecap they didn't. They had both the Leary and Heath tenders and had 8.3 million. They also didn't have Mcclain on there which is another 4 million+ in space gone. They had around 4.3 before Crawfords restructure. After this deal and the Thornton signing they will probably be right around 6.5-7.5 million in space assuming overthecap is right and they are usually the most accurate site for cap purposes.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would have preferred a middle finger and enjoy your new spaz DC that did not want me. But that is just me.

Where he lost me was the fans. "And most importantly those 50,000 scumbags in the stands. Whenever I see a man being assaulted or a woman being puked on, I'll think of you."