Signed by Cowboys C. Thornton signs with Cowboys

reddyuta

Reaction score
I don't know if the DTs in this draft really fit Marinelli's style. This draft is loaded with Jonathan Hankins type DTs.

we woudlnt draft someone like Thornton too if it was upto Marinelli.2 years of bad run D has changed our FOs mind.

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
So we just paid $18 million for 4 years on a run stopper? please excuse me while I kiss the sky
over this brilliant Jerruh acquisition

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score

nooooo-thumb.jpg

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
I don't know if the DTs in this draft really fit Marinelli's style. This draft is loaded with Jonathan Hankins type DTs.

They looked like Marinellis Style to me, but Cedric is a beast and he should be a 'Thornton' in the eagles foot for years to come.

Last edited:

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
Would you prefer we continue to let teams run all over us?

Our issue last season was them passing all over us, Not them running..so I'd have prefered we got a better pass
rusher capable of getting to the QB, Than paying this guy 18 million

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Our issue last season was them passing all over us, Not them running..so I'd have prefered we got a better pass
rusher capable of getting to the QB, Than paying this guy 18 million

You don't think a team running all over you exposes you to getting passed all over too? It happened a lot last year. They started ripping off big runs and the defense became vulnerable to giving up the big pass. If you can confidently shut down the run, you can focus on stopping the pass. Same with on offense. Having a solid running game allows you to pass.

reddyuta

Reaction score
So we just paid $18 million for 4 years on a run stopper? please excuse me while I kiss the sky

the giants paid 47 million for a similar player and i think Thornton and Harrison are comparable.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

For perspective, Vernon's signing bonus was 20 million, this guy will make 18 million in 4 years, maybe.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't think they will. They paid big money to Crawford and Irving looked decent as a backup.

The money allocated at both of those positions eliminate adding early picks at them IMO.

Personally, I'd love to see us take advantage of this DT draft by at least grabbing one in the third round (preferably the second, where we can get one that's a first-round value).

Another 3 Tech is basically a starter. They will likely line up inside with Crawford in passing situations. They will likely see well over 50% of the defensive snaps. Irving is a nice player but at this stage he is more of an energy player that can give you 10 to 15 good snaps a game

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think if the Cowboys were being honest though this was only the half of it. The full plan was to sign Thornton to shut down the run game. Then let Adrian Clayborn pin his ears back and get after it on 3rd and longs.

They swung for the fences. You have to give them that.