Caleb Williams

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He checks a lot of boxes when it comes to todays QBs. I agree, there is some make up issues but my guess is that is going to be more common these days with what they are now able to get in college. With the portal and NIL money, players are going to be coming in with a whole new mindset of self worth - for better or worse.

tm1119

Reaction score
Just gotta accept that the new breed of kid coming up isn’t going to be anything like the old school football players we are used to.
Also, not like there haven’t been some crazy/eccentric characters that have been amazing professional athletes before.

The Bears really just need to find out if he loves football and is dedicated. How he dresses would be the least of my concerns

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
You guys see him as a big time bust? I do. I think his make up is rock bottom and he is going to get beat up early in his career. Great athlete but smallish. I think this guy is going to hurt a franchise.

Am I wrong?
You think he is small Daniels looks like he is barely at 180 lbs to me eyeballing it.

1942willys

Reaction score
Just gotta accept that the new breed of kid coming up isn’t going to be anything like the old school football players we are used to.
Also, not like there haven’t been some crazy/eccentric characters that have been amazing professional athletes before.

The Bears really just need to find out if he loves football and is dedicated. How he dresses would be the least of my concerns
THAT is the key; the interviews with him and those around him. IF he loves football and is determined to be the best, then I see no reason why he cannot do very well. Physical size is a good thing but it is not everything. Brees was smaller than he was and I would say he was pretty good. Can he take the punishment? not as big a factor now considering how they are protected.

1942willys

Reaction score
I get tired of people calling this guy or that guy a generational talent until they show it on the field. No one thought Mahoones would become what he he has or he would not have fallen that far.

On the other hand look at the hype about Trevor Lawrence and so far he has not come close to it. He was called a generational talent as well.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I get tired of people calling this guy or that guy a generational talent until they show it on the field. No one thought Mahoones would become what he he has or he would not have fallen that far.

On the other hand look at the hype about Trevor Lawrence and so far he has not come close to it. He was called a generational talent as well.
I think with these guys the result is binary. Either he can play or he can’t. Lawrence has been good not great. Team is questionable. He is young enough to still be great. Mahomes was always thought of as an athletic freak. Soon after he was drafted the whispers started that he was special. Add Reid to the mix and the rest is history.

Williams appears to have a worse make up than Johnny Cocaine and RG3 and he seems to have a similar game.

1942willys

Reaction score
30 fumbles in 31 games is not something you want to see.
He needs some development; not ready to start right away
Biggest concern is his personality; moody guy which does not work well as your QB getting everyone going on the same page

cnuball21

Reaction score
The entitlement. The immaturity. The traveling entourage. The antics at the combine. Try the google machine. It’s all there. You know this too so just stop.
That’s a lot of accusations for someone you don’t know and have zero ties to. There’s also reports about him wanting to be the best and having a Kobe like work ethic. He also has no off the field incidents or trouble right?

He might look and act a little different but I don’t think it’s fair to throw a bunch of labels on him. The teams will do their due diligence and if they believe he can be a good teammate and help them win they could care less if he has a pink phone, painted nails etc…

Rayman70

Reaction score
You guys see him as a big time bust? I do. I think his make up is rock bottom and he is going to get beat up early in his career. Great athlete but smallish. I think this guy is going to hurt a franchise.

Am I wrong?
I think hes very raw and might bust unless he gets the right system and coaching early. Fields is better. If a team runs a college type system he might be ok.

1942willys

Reaction score
That’s a lot of accusations for someone you don’t know and have zero ties to. There’s also reports about him wanting to be the best and having a Kobe like work ethic. He also has no off the field incidents or trouble right?

He might look and act a little different but I don’t think it’s fair to throw a bunch of labels on him. The teams will do their due diligence and if they believe he can be a good teammate and help them win they could care less if he has a pink phone, painted nails etc…
he has earned more than a few of the labels
it all comes down to what is the most important to him: being the Best NFL QB he can or selling his brand and making money? Frankly it looks at this time he is more interested in brand.

Rayman70

Reaction score
JJ McCarthy will be better. Michael Pratt the Tulane QB might even be better if he gets a shot to start. Caleb is a guy who almost never plays under center and that a big issue.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Those aren’t my words. Many have said that about him. You are some sensitive guy aren’t you. I asked a simple question that MANY wonder about and you get all lathered up. Are you related to him?

cnuball21

Reaction score
he has earned more than a few of the labels
it all comes down to what is the most important to him: being the Best NFL QB he can or selling his brand and making money? Frankly it looks at this time he is more interested in brand.
Again,,,that’s an awfully bold claim for someone you don’t know and have zero ties to.

We can talk about talent, athleticism, measurable etc but I always find it wild how fans questions players character / interests / work ethic etc when they have no idea how the kid actually feels.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Drake Maye is the man

Checks all the physical and mental boxes in spades...and is tough as heck and without drama
Not sure I can trust the North Carolina QB's coming in the league and being great. History says they are system guys. Mac Brown knows how to make college QB's run his system well. But in the NFL thats a different story. Watch out for the Tulane QB Pratt. Hes a sleeper. Hes moving up draft boards and Dallas had Shottenheimer at his pro day recently. Hes worked him out 2 times already. If hes there in rd 2, I think we draft him.