Caleb Williams

Rayman70

Reaction score
Drake Maye is the man

Checks all the physical and mental boxes in spades...and is tough as heck and without drama
so did Trubisky. Just sayin. The bust factor is huge with QB anyway. USC QB's and NC QB's are very hit and miss. JJ McCarthy and Pratt along with Daniels would be my top 3.

DFWJC

Reaction score
so did Trubisky. Just sayin. The bust factor is huge with QB anyway. USC QB's and NC QB's are very hit and miss. JJ McCarthy and Pratt along with Daniels would be my top 3.
Man...those two are nothing remotely alike. You can't possibly think because they went to the same college that they are the same player.
Come on. That is seriously lazy and I know that you know better than that

That is EXACTLY what they said about Cal QBs when Rodgers came out.

Texas Tech had a long history of QBs that didn't work out in the NFL too
Didnt mean Mahomes wouldn't

Michigan too
Oregon too
LSU too

Come on

Rayman70

Reaction score
Man...those two are nothing remotely alike. You can't possibly think because they went to the same college that they are the same player.
Come on. That is seriously lazy and I know that you know better than that

That is EXACTLY what they said about Cal QBs when Rodgers came out.

Texas Tech had a long history of QBs that didn't work out in the NFL too
Didnt mean Mahomes wouldn't

Michigan too
Oregon too
LSU too

Come on
I guess I just lack Faith in Dallas finding a guy so it kinda jades how I feel. I admit it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Mahomes was a wildcard. NOBODY knew he would be elite. But he was paired with the right staff and HC. Makes all the difference in the world.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
NOBODY knew he would be elite
Nobody?

Some of us did. I was clowned here and amongst my coaching staff for my takes on Mahomes. My head coach, who works with NFL quarterbacks in the off-season, said I was crazy because I said Mahomes was a "more athletic Aaron Rodgers."

He also wouldn't let me offer Brock Purdy in 2017 so I'm 2-0 on my former boss.

1942willys

Reaction score
Nobody?

Some of us did. I was clowned here and amongst my coaching staff for my takes on Mahomes. My head coach, who works with NFL quarterbacks in the off-season, said I was crazy because I said Mahomes was a "more athletic Aaron Rodgers."

Anyone that thought Mahoones would be what he has become was on drugs. I thought he could be great in the right place but I did not see this coming

cnuball21

Reaction score
Those aren’t my words. Many have said that about him. You are some sensitive guy aren’t you. I asked a simple question that MANY wonder about and you get all lathered up. Are you related to him?
“Many have said that about him.” Like random Joes on Twitter?

Again I just think it’s wild how we can question this kids character and work ethic when it’s all heresy. Unless a coach, teammate, family etc says something it’s all just heresay and opinion.

I’m not not sensitive at all just a realist that thinks labeling someone something with zero inside knowledge or info is wild.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Mahomes was a wildcard. NOBODY knew he would be elite. But he was paired with the right staff and HC. Makes all the difference in the world.
Mahomes had elite arm talent, playmaking ability and production.

The big question was would he adjust to a pro style offense and if he would work hard enough to be great.

Obviously he did but the hardest part of the QB is usually between the ears because we usually have no idea what kind of guys they are.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Nobody?

May I ask who you are? Legit curious. Kudos to you btw if you are in the know and involved with the league. Thats pretty cool.

rambo2

Reaction score
You guys see him as a big time bust? I do. I think his make up is rock bottom and he is going to get beat up early in his career. Great athlete but smallish. I think this guy is going to hurt a franchise.

Am I wrong?
Who the hell knows? The Bears ruined the qb that they had.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
“Many have said that about him.” Like random Joes on Twitter?

Again I just think it’s wild how we can question this kids character and work ethic when it’s all heresy. Unless a coach, teammate, family etc says something it’s all just heresay and opinion.

I’m not not sensitive at all just a realist that thinks labeling someone something with zero inside knowledge or info is wild.
A regular Owen Utopian…

Whyjerry

Reaction score
A lot of great dialogue on here! Just gotta make sure to call out the fake news when seen.
So all the discussion around Williams is fake news? Going to block you now because life’s too short and you are clearly annoying.

cnuball21

Reaction score
So all the discussion around Williams is fake news? Going to block you now because life’s too short and you are clearly annoying.
A whoooooole lot of speculation and guesses from people that aren’t connected to him at all seems like a pretty poor way to evaluate IMO.

Block away!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
That’s a lot of accusations for someone you don’t know and have zero ties to. There’s also reports about him wanting to be the best and having a Kobe like work ethic. He also has no off the field incidents or trouble right?

He might look and act a little different but I don’t think it’s fair to throw a bunch of labels on him. The teams will do their due diligence and if they believe he can be a good teammate and help them win they could care less if he has a pink phone, painted nails etc…
Good points. Caleb has a chance to be a good one. Remember lots of fans on the board are Oklahoma fans and a butt hurt that Caleb left.