Caleb Williams

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys see him as a big time bust? I do. I think his make up is rock bottom and he is going to get beat up early in his career. Great athlete but smallish. I think this guy is going to hurt a franchise.

Am I wrong?
I just happened to talk with a Bear fan today. He is still trying to convince himself into buying Williams.

He knew Fields wasn't the answer (and is pissed they gave him away) so still not sold on Williams at all.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That’s a lot of accusations for someone you don’t know and have zero ties to. There’s also reports about him wanting to be the best and having a Kobe like work ethic. He also has no off the field incidents or trouble right?

He might look and act a little different but I don’t think it’s fair to throw a bunch of labels on him. The teams will do their due diligence and if they believe he can be a good teammate and help them win they could care less if he has a pink phone, painted nails etc…
No way I would draft this kid.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Again,,,that’s an awfully bold claim for someone you don’t know and have zero ties to.

We can talk about talent, athleticism, measurable etc but I always find it wild how fans questions players character / interests / work ethic etc when they have no idea how the kid actually feels.
So you must know him and have ties to him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You guys see him as a big time bust? I do. I think his make up is rock bottom and he is going to get beat up early in his career. Great athlete but smallish. I think this guy is going to hurt a franchise.

Am I wrong?
For a minute I thought you were referring to the make up he wears.

Lane21Train

Reaction score

Am I wrong?
He gives me major RG3 vibes.... Not exactly as a player (although alittle bit?) but mainly as a person. I'm marking him down as a bust & being from the Chicago area I've been making sure everyone knows that I think they were better off with fields lol

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I get tired of people calling this guy or that guy a generational talent until they show it on the field. No one thought Mahoones would become what he he has or he would not have fallen that far.

On the other hand look at the hype about Trevor Lawrence and so far he has not come close to it. He was called a generational talent as well.
Is that the guy from the Police Academy movies?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nobody?

Some of us did. I was clowned here and amongst my coaching staff for my takes on Mahomes. My head coach, who works with NFL quarterbacks in the off-season, said I was crazy because I said Mahomes was a "more athletic Aaron Rodgers."

He also wouldn't let me offer Brock Purdy in 2017 so I'm 2-0 on my former boss.
Iirc Mahomes had alot of fans here as Romo's successor in 2015 up until Dak started

Mikexike

Reaction score

Am I wrong?
Not a fan of his game,I see sam darnold all over again..... but i could be wrong if he is the next mahomes...

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
If he was a little taller then I'd be more comfortable with him. I still think he can be great in the right situation but that's the tough part. Not a lot of teams offer the right situation...definitely not Chicago or Washington.

Mikexike

Reaction score
If he was a little taller then I'd be more comfortable with him. I still think he can be great in the right situation but that's the tough part. Not a lot of teams offer the right situation...definitely not Chicago or Washington.
At least CHI knows when to move on from a QB that isn't working out... They seem to be putting together a good squad in the north.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Caleb is raw and not ready for the NFL. The team that drafts him must understand this. Hes a turnover machine. Never under center, and improvises too much. The Bears are foolish to draft him. Fields was a better prospect. They overreacted trading him away. If I am the Bears Im taking JJ MCcarthy not Williams. The kid can play in cold weather, Hes the best QB in the draft. The others are projects. I like Pratt also. Jayden Daniels is a fit in DC. He can win there.

Rayman70

Reaction score
30 fumbles in 31 games is not something you want to see.
He needs some development; not ready to start right away
Biggest concern is his personality; moody guy which does not work well as your QB getting everyone going on the same page
USC QBs scare me.

jwitten82

Reaction score
He's as feminine as they come. This is an emotional game, but when he jumped in his mom's arms and started crying, that moment I thought was a huge red flag. Not because he cried, but how he went about it. I'd bet money this so called generational talent doesn't win OROTY either

Chasing6

Reaction score
He's as feminine as they come. This is an emotional game, but when he jumped in his mom's arms and started crying, that moment I thought was a huge red flag. Not because he cried, but how he went about it. I'd bet money this so called generational talent doesn't win OROTY either
I would pass.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Nobody?

Some of us did. I was clowned here and amongst my coaching staff for my takes on Mahomes. My head coach, who works with NFL quarterbacks in the off-season, said I was crazy because I said Mahomes was a "more athletic Aaron Rodgers."

He also wouldn't let me offer Brock Purdy in 2017 so I'm 2-0 on my former boss.
Sorry but this entire post sounds like made up bragging.

Jayinem

Reaction score
May I ask who you are? Legit curious. Kudos to you btw if you are in the know and involved with the league. Thats pretty cool.
Don't believe everything you read on the internet, he reached too far on the second brag with Purdy in 2017. He should have just stopped at Mahomes.

Flamma

Reaction score
Don't believe everything you read on the internet, he reached too far on the second brag with Purdy in 2017. He should have just stopped at Mahomes.
Listen, I predicted Tom Brady would be hall of fame the second they drafted him. I consulted the Oracle at Delphi, and she confirmed it with the usual cryptic retort. "One shy of 10 score at the annual choosing will make history"