Calico's Video Ready for Download

Dyluke

Reaction score
bbgun said:
Have you ever thought of using NFL Films music? I have several mp3s if you're interested.

Speaking of music, what songs did you use for all the video clips?

JDSmith

Reaction score
bbgun said:
Have you ever thought of using NFL Films music? I have several mp3s if you're interested.

How long are the songs? I'm still trying to find a song for my Witten video.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Dyluke said:
Speaking of music, what songs did you use for all the video clips?

I think one of the songs might be the theme song for Last of the Mohicans.

jbsg02

Reaction score
Awesome vid, Julius looks soo quick and has great moves.

Along with T-Ham, where was Eddie George?? and Sherman Williams??

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Things that catch the eye:

- Julius...probably the fastest guy for 25 yards I've seen in a long time. His quickness in change of direction is beyond words. A great great selection by Parcells. Let's hope Julius holds up to the physical demands.

i was definitely impressed by Julius' quicks and maneuverability. his "top end speed" looks fairly ordinary for a back. but his acceleration and niftiness are outta this world.

great job Calico! your score was pretty dramatic, too.

JDSmith

Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:
i was definitely impressed by Julius' quicks and maneuverability. his "top end speed" looks fairly ordinary for a back. but his acceleration and niftiness are outta this world.

great job Calico! your score was pretty dramatic, too.

I agree, he's not the fastest guy in the world at the top end. You don't see him pulling away from defensive backs. But his quickness is outstanding. He's got a phenominal burst that makes small seams seem like huge holes. He can break a run outside and get back to full speed so quickly that he can easily turn a loss into a big gain. On some of those plays he simply made something out of nothing with his incredibly change of direction and acceleration. On a lot of the clips you see him avoid first (and sometimes second) contact 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage and still end up getting 5 or more yards on the run.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
calico said:
linear editing is old fashioned. You have 2-3 tape machines all connected and put the video together in chronologically scene by scene. You cannot go backwards and change anything. It is a real pain in the ***.

The digital editing is non-linear so you can do what you want and change things you already edited.

I feel your pain Cal... I worked in the a/v business for 7 years... I hated getting stuck in the editing suite with those 3/4" machines... jog forward... jog back... listen to them fast forward and rewind... edit edit edit... stick another tape in... I need a clip in the middle of this tape... blah blah blah...

Those were the days... :D

inevadropit

Reaction score
incredible video

jjs part gave me goosebumps, he's amazing

what was the song for his part?

EndGame

Reaction score
Wow .. that is awesome. Thanks so much for putting that together. That's a keeper.

calico

Reaction score
I have thought about buying some of the classic NFL music CDs. I love buying soundtracks from movies because they usually make this process soo much easier.

For the Thomas/Dorsett scene, I used "Ronin" from the Last Samurai Soundtrack.
For the Walker scene, I used "Arriving In Deadwood" from the Deadwood Soundtrack.
For the Smith scene, I used "The Might of Rome" from the Gladiator Soundtrack.

And for Jones...I have no idea. I have asked around and tried to find out. I stumbled upon the song from a Longhorn highlight video last year. I ripped it as an mp3 and put it in my library. I knew it was perfect when I heard it. I am still trying to find a full version.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I cannot thank you enough. What do I owe ya?

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Great clip!! Awesome job Calico!! I've watched it now 4 times in a row. :)

ljs44

Reaction score
Finally got it to download! Well worth it!!

GREAT JOB Calico!!!!!

calico

Reaction score
alright, this Commanders video will take me a while. I want it to be 7-10 mins long and I first have to start capturing and ripping the video. I will start that next week. I will keep you all informed on the process.

mperfection

Reaction score
calico said:
alright, this Commanders video will take me a while. I want it to be 7-10 mins long and I first have to start capturing and ripping the video. I will start that next week. I will keep you all informed on the process.

Calico, I don't even know who you are...but it is GREAT to know you are a Cowboys' fan! Keep 'em comin. I'd love to have some old Cowboys' games. Can you PM me and provide info on how I can get some of your clips??

dstew60105

Reaction score
Fletch said:
Calico & TheHustler, my hat's off to you! Very well put together. That last piece of Julius Jones' highlights brought a tear to my eye. This kid is going to be great.

Couldn't agree more. Seeing that reminds you of all the great backs Dallas has had over the years. JJ looks like a combo of Emmitt and Tony.