Call the 1st play on Offense on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What play will they use 1st.
I would love to see a play action right off the bat, and go deep to Dez, or one of his crossing patterns for a long gain.
However I don't think that will happen.

I would say a roll out to the right, and a pass to Witten heading to the right, catching it just outside of the hash marks for about a 15 to 20 yards gain. But may take longer to develop not knowing what the Giants new D will do.

So something more conservative. Most will think a simple handoff to Zeke. So I am going to say if 8 in the box, just an out pass to Dez too the side lines. He catches and runs up field.

Another thing I want to look at, is when does Dak call for the snap. Does he run the play clock down to the last second. I hope not. Though tony was very good at that, it is something a rookie should not do.
Heck, I didn't like it with Tony doing it.

CowboyMort

Reaction score
I say a play action with a short hitch to Dez. Easy pass to get rid of the butterflies and build some confidence in the rookie.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
A pass out in the flat to Zeke. If not that, then some kind of play action, hopefully. I don't want to see any running between the tackles until we've got them on their heels with moving the ball down field. We should have a speed advantage outside the hash marks, so I hope we use it. "Hit 'em with so many rights, that they'll be begging for a left"

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I'd love to see him under center no matter what the first play is, just to give the Giants the look.

Craig

Reaction score
Screen to zeke.

Ill bet that the giants first play from scrimmage is a playaction pass downfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.