Call the 1st play on Offense on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
Play action and go deep, would prefer a completion but I don't care if it is incomplete or intercepted to be honest. I just want the Giants to know that we are not afraid to try them. Now after that settle down and play some good football. Try to keep him in the 18-23 attempts range.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Yup. Run straight up the middle. Establish the running game. Dungy layed it out in the other post, the more Dak passes the higher the probability for a loss.
Exactly, Just use the game plan Denver had they'll be fine

mmohican29

Reaction score
Zone read or QB draw run by Prescott to instill the possibility of more all game long.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
What play will they use 1st.
I would love to see a play action right off the bat, and go deep to Dez, or one of his crossing patterns for a long gain.
However I don't think that will happen.

I would say a roll out to the right, and a pass to Witten heading to the right, catching it just outside of the hash marks for about a 15 to 20 yards gain. But may take longer to develop not knowing what the Giants new D will do.

So something more conservative. Most will think a simple handoff to Zeke. So I am going to say if 8 in the box, just an out pass to Dez too the side lines. He catches and runs up field.

Another thing I want to look at, is when does Dak call for the snap. Does he run the play clock down to the last second. I hope not. Though tony was very good at that, it is something a rookie should not do.
Heck, I didn't like it with Tony doing it.

Tony would wait till the last second to snap the ball to see if the Defense would get antsy and show their hand.

Agreed though, don't want Dak doing it (too much to think about as it is).

And I predict a Sweep/toss on the first play. Need to start tiring out their interior DL right away.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What play will they use 1st.
I would love to see a play action right off the bat, and go deep to Dez, or one of his crossing patterns for a long gain.
However I don't think that will happen.

I would say a roll out to the right, and a pass to Witten heading to the right, catching it just outside of the hash marks for about a 15 to 20 yards gain. But may take longer to develop not knowing what the Giants new D will do.

So something more conservative. Most will think a simple handoff to Zeke. So I am going to say if 8 in the box, just an out pass to Dez too the side lines. He catches and runs up field.

Another thing I want to look at, is when does Dak call for the snap. Does he run the play clock down to the last second. I hope not. Though tony was very good at that, it is something a rookie should not do.
Heck, I didn't like it with Tony doing it.

Short pass to Dez.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I want to see what's been missing for a few years play action and hit somebody deep in stride for a TD

dallasdave

Reaction score
Tony would wait till the last second to snap the ball to see if the Defense would get antsy and show their hand.

Agreed though, don't want Dak doing it (too much to think about as it is).

And I predict a Sweep/toss on the first play. Need to start tiring out their interior DL right away.
:thumbup:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Based on preseason, I think Linehan will be like a kid in a candy store. There are so many things you can do with Dak, the opportunities are endless.

Status
Not open for further replies.