Call the 1st play on Offense on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

whynot

Reaction score
Lateral to Dez who hits Williams with a 60 yard bomb.

cej757

Reaction score
I think they'll call a read option and Zeke gets about 5 yards. The play action bootleg pass to Witten will be the 2nd play for a first down.:flagwave:

Swanny

Reaction score
What play will they use 1st.
I would love to see a play action right off the bat, and go deep to Dez, or one of his crossing patterns for a long gain.
However I don't think that will happen.

I would say a roll out to the right, and a pass to Witten heading to the right, catching it just outside of the hash marks for about a 15 to 20 yards gain. But may take longer to develop not knowing what the Giants new D will do.

So something more conservative. Most will think a simple handoff to Zeke. So I am going to say if 8 in the box, just an out pass to Dez too the side lines. He catches and runs up field.

Another thing I want to look at, is when does Dak call for the snap. Does he run the play clock down to the last second. I hope not. Though tony was very good at that, it is something a rookie should not do.
Heck, I didn't like it with Tony doing it.
I miss Parcels "trick" plays. I love that the flea flicker was just a normal part of the offense.

I predict a run up the gut and a sugar huddle and just run the same play over and over until they score and or punt. Just to set the tone for the game and the season

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It will be a run, and good you bring up the snap count, I dont think Dak will run it down, every time like tony does, and that
could help with false starts, and the pass rush.

followthestar

Reaction score
Stretch run, let Zeke cut it back, probably pick up 6 or 7, second down will be play action.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
that same play action bootleg to swaim/witten.

Giants will be sitting on that. We have started all the games with that. I do think we will try something early to get Dak in a rhythm. I would not be surprised to see a read option.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I miss Parcels "trick" plays. I love that the flea flicker was just a normal part of the offense.

I predict a run up the gut and a sugar huddle and just run the same play over and over until they score and or punt. Just to set the tone for the game and the season

Yep, they should run one of those "Jap" plays.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I would run a screen to Zeke. All that energy from the Giants DL (Day 1, snap 1) probably can't resist to rush up the field w reckless abandon.

Hardline

Reaction score
Delayed hand off to Zeke He waits for the blocking to develop then runs straight between Collins and Smith.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking and Witten will fall immediately after making the catch. It's this or Zeke.

That play you normally have three options....short, medium and deep....would love to see Williams on a deep cross

RS12

Reaction score
I'll guess Dez is the first read but ends up over the middle to Witten for about 7 yards.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Bigger question....if you win the toss, what is your choice? I think we put offense on the field if it is our choice. If you put defense on the field and they get scored on, it just adds to the pressure for Dak.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Fake toss sweep left. Roll right.
Come back to T will deep right side line.

Status
Not open for further replies.