Call your shot: does Zeke play Week 1?

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
He will not play and every week that Pollard looks good lessens his chances of getting an extension. He will have to report because he cannot go multiple season sitting out. Jerry and the Boys will have the leverage in the world. Now if Pollard struggles Zeke is on the next plane back to Dallas with a fat new contract.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
All this speculation and all that... I’m curious what the majority of Cowboys fans think.

My shot is “who cares”! Cheering for Zeke was already exhausting enough. Now I really don’t care if he ever dons the Star again. RBs are always available. A RB or a platoon that can give you 80-90% will probably be good enough to equal the same amount of wins as if Zeke was the RB. I’m fine looking for a RB not named Zeke to compliment Pollard. They will be available after cuts and there is always the draft.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Nope. And I’m good with that. Pollard is locked and loaded on my fantasy team

IheartRomo

Reaction score
I'll give you 2007, but you can definitely make the case in 2011. Did you see the Giants' absolutely ridiculous regular season strength of schedule from that year? Sheesh. Especially when you factor in home/aways. Regarded as one of the toughest SoS ever.

I don't know, man. I don't see it. Any other top QB from any timeframe has a MUCH more impressive career year than Eli's 2011. Usually a bunch of years that good or better, not just a single one. I don't buy it at all.

Altestic

Reaction score
I don't know, man. I don't see it. Any other top QB from any timeframe has a MUCH more impressive career year than Eli's 2011. Usually a bunch of years that good or better, not just a single one. I don't buy it at all.
For example. Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees also had career years in 2011, but how'd they do in the playoffs? Also they had piss easy RS schedules. The Giants had to go through the NFCE bloodbath, beat the Patriots in foxboro, play the Saints at the superdome, the 49ers on the road, the Packers, literally all the best teams in the NFC the gauntlet just to get to 9-7 and win it all. I know we all don't like the Giants but that was a truly incredible run.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
For example. Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees also had career years in 2011, but how'd they do in the playoffs? Also they had piss easy RS schedules. The Giants had to go through the NFCE bloodbath, beat the Patriots in foxboro, play the Saints at the superdome, the 49ers on the road, the Packers, literally all the best teams in the NFC the gauntlet just to get to 9-7 and win it all. I know we all don't like the Giants but that was a truly incredible run.

Was an incredible run - no question about it. That's a team achievement, however. To me that's independent of Eli's own claim to a top 5 QB spot. A 4 game sample size is simply not large enough for me and in any large sample size (i.e. season, seasons, entire career) he has proven to be middling at best.

Altestic

Reaction score
Was an incredible run - no question about it. That's a team achievement, however. To me that's independent of Eli's own claim to a top 5 QB spot. A 4 game sample size is simply not large enough for me and in any large sample size (i.e. season, seasons, entire career) he has proven to be middling at best.
Regardless. If there's no Zeke in week 1, week 1 will look a lot like week 1 in 2016, just without that *one* Zeke score halfway thru the 3rd.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Regardless. If there's no Zeke in week 1, week 1 will look a lot like week 1 in 2016, just without that *one* Zeke score halfway thru the 3rd.

Yeah, I'm not sure how we highjacked this thread into an Eli Manning one. Strange. Here's to hoping Zeke comes to his senses and realizes he'll be a very rich man regardless.

Altestic

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure how we highjacked this thread into an Eli Manning one. Strange. Here's to hoping Zeke comes to his senses and realizes he'll be a very rich man regardless.
He already is a very rich man. So is Dak, realistically, even if he blows out his knee this Saturday (like Bridgewater did in '16) and never plays another snap.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
No.

I think his days in Dallas are finished and he can thank his agent.

I think his agent is banking on the Cowboys completely collapsing without Zeke. But, if the running game and Pollard is successful, to keep the Cowboys in the playoff race, then this move could end up backfiring on Zeke in the long run. So we will see what happens.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It seems unlikely he'll even join the team by then, much less play.

This holdout seems destined to continue into the season, which could be telling in many ways.

Number1

Reaction score
"Call your shot: does Zeke play Week 1?"

I dunno

Zeke's argument 370 touches - that's brutal

JJ's argument - number 4 pick, went against the commissioner for Zeke, a LV incident, and a TC no show - that's a lot

but Zeke could find himself NFL unemployed for the next 2 years, maybe forever

Hadenough

Reaction score
Early on I thought for sure Zeke would be there for week one. But something inside me says this is far from over and Zeke may sit out the whole season.

Flamma

Reaction score

Both their 2007 and 2011 runs were ridiculous. Incredible runs. But that was primarily a team effort coupled with very good coaching. I'd call Eli a bus driver. A pretty decent driver, but a bus driver none the less.