callahan named offensive coordinator

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
rcaldw;4374165 said:
Got news for you people. The Garrett haters are just taking the carrot. This ISN'T CHANGING ANYTHING.

This just means the Callahan will be running Garrett's program when Garrett is walking around and looking at other things. Garrett will still call all the plays.

Changes nothing... window dressing.

It changes nothing.....except that he no longer has to come up with a gameplan during the week, and he can focus on the ENTIRE team while preparing for the upcoming game.

Aven8

Reaction score
I'm all for it. As long as Jason can lean on Callie and possibly say, "um I don't like that play here". It's just another new voice in the room that isn't a Jerry jock sniffer, or a relative.

I like new blood. Jason can only learn more from it.

Little Jr

Reaction score
So its callahan game planning with jg playbook and jg calling the plays? If so o dont see the point. I dont think it will help but we will see.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I like this alot. Even tho Jason still calling the plays Callahan has some input in what goes on.

Mash

Reaction score
Interesting....

Sparano could of been the OC here then....

Its JG decision ....lets see how this plans out....Callahan is a smart man...has some experience....maybe he can gameplan better the JG. IMHO it will still be the same offense.

If this gives JG more time to be the HC.....then im all for it. We see other HC who have a OC just in name only.....

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Jerry had to have taken a glance at the plea in my sig. He is lining right up with everything I want so far.. Thanks for listening Jerry!

DB_Cooper

RubyRidge
Reaction score
Risen Star;4373750 said:
Yeah. That shouldn't surprise anybody.

All in all, I don't like it. I don't want Callahan's offense on Sunday. I want Garrett's....but with an NFL caliber offensive line.

I'll take Callahan's offense from 2002 any day over any Garrett offense I've seen. The Raiders team back then could put up the points. This is shaping up to be a pretty solid staff I think.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Having Callahan be the OC and Garrett still the playcaller is a pretty common setup in the NFL over the years.

I have no problem with that at all. I think it'll work out well.

Zman5

Reaction score
Typical Cowboys doing thing backwards. JG's offense isn't the problem. It's his play calling ability. He stinks at it. JG should do the game planning and have someone else call plays.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;4373727 said:
Just saw it on twitter!
Callahan is a bad hire. He managed to take Nebraska's proud program and single handily put it in the crapper. If callahan is indeed the OC next year then Demarco Murray just as well take his shoes off because the boys offense will be all pass and no run. Oh well, I guess we'll get to the number one pick in the draft quicker now.:banghead:

Reaction score
fairviewfarmer;4374541 said:
Callahan is a bad hire. He managed to take Nebraska's proud program and single handily put it in the crapper. If callahan is indeed the OC next year then Demarco Murray just as well take his shoes off because the boys offense will be all pass and no run. Oh well, I guess we'll get to the number one pick in the draft quicker now.:banghead:

Relax

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
This is a great move.

Anyone who says they know the exact roles either has inside information (very unlikely) or is just speculating (much more likely). Just because JG will still be calling the plays doesn't mean he won't be influenced by Callahan whether it's in pregame planning or game day management. I believe it can only help in both cases, in particular in the latter, because it's just another set of eyes to read the defense so the offense can make adjustments quicker.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;4374565 said:
This is a great move.

Anyone who says they know the exact roles either has inside information (very unlikely) or is just speculating (much more likely). Just because JG will still be calling the plays doesn't mean he won't be influenced by Callahan whether it's in pregame planning or game day management. I believe it can only help in both cases, in particular in the latter, because it's just another set of eyes to read the defense so the offense can make adjustments quicker.
Garrett's play calling was influenced by John Garrett, Wes Phillips, Hudson Houck, Skip Peete, Jimmy Robinson, Wade Wilson, and Keith O'Quinn.

Do people really not realize that this is a team? It isn't about one man's ego. It never is, on any team.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hostile;4374581 said:
Garrett's play calling was influenced by John Garrett, Wes Phillips, Hudson Houck, Skip Peete, Jimmy Robinson, Wade Wilson, and Keith O'Quinn.

Do people really not realize that this is a team? It isn't about one man's ego. It never is, on any team.

Naw it is easier to complain. Don't take that away from them. :laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4374583 said:
Naw it is easier to complain. Don't take that away from them. :laugh2:
I know. Be serious here for a minute though. You're a position coach because they want you to do what? Talk to players on the sidelines and have no input?

That's crazy.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hostile;4374585 said:
I know. Be serious here for a minute though. You're a position coach because they want you to do what? Talk to players on the sidelines and have no input?

That's crazy.

Of course. I'm sure Callahan will have a lot of input, heck he may end up calling the plays but even if he doesn't he will have influence and as OC be an extra set of eyes for Garrett. How will these 2 work together and what will the results be? Anyone guess

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4374597 said:
Of course. I'm sure Callahan will have a lot of input, heck he may end up calling the plays but even if he doesn't he will have influence and as OC be an extra set of eyes for Garrett. How will these 2 work together and what will the results be? Anyone guess
I mean, does it take a Phi Beta Kappa to realize that someone is on the other end of that headset that Garrett wears and not just the QB? Why are there coaches up in the box if they don't inform the Head Coach what they see? Who alerts him to injuries?

It's just one guy out there in total command?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Hostile;4374581 said:

it's much easier to put the blame in a singular place than it is to understand the whole.