Calling all Dez haters (Performance Film Study)

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
This is not my video, but I saw this online and had to post. People really have to stop listening to these talking heads, and so called Cowboys "fans". I honestly cant see how you can hate Dez after watching this or any of his on-field performance. No contract talks, purely indepth performance review...

Watch the WHOLE THING

Reaction score
no doubt Dez is/was a physical beast who's been an awesome, passionate Cowboy. His production has been significant. Is he still a capable difference maker, YES. Is he the force he once was, NO. Maybe there's a fringe group that "hate" Dez but IMO, most think he's overpaid for what he's currently worth. Simple as that.....

Sydla

Reaction score
The reality is the truth lies somewhere in between. I think the haters have completely overreacted and say silly things like we can find dozens of guys to do what Dez does. On the flipside, the defenders who think he's pretty much free from blame and this lies on Dak or the coaching staff or both are also being extreme.

Dez has slipped. That's just a reality. I don't know if it's he's been sapped of some of his talent because of the leg injuries or what. But he's slipped. Can he regain his form? I have no idea. But I know his dip in production also isn't entirely his fault either.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is not my video, but I saw this online and had to post. People really have to stop listening to these talking heads, and so called Cowboys "fans". I honestly cant see how you can hate Dez after watching this or any of his on-field performance. No contract talks, purely indepth performance review...

Watch the WHOLE THING

People acting like it was their money. Lol. And don't give me the salary cap excuse. Cut him if he's a cancer, coach him up if he's not.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Honestly, anyone that parrots that "Dez runs sloppy routes" stuff is just repeating garbage they've heard from other clueless people who similarly haven't bothered to do any research.

There's a reason Dez always tells people to watch the tape when this comes up.

Dez's problem, and the problem with all the receivers, has been identified by players, opposing players, opposing coaches, etc.

The team identifies what they think you're good at and that's all they let you do. Every receiver we have runs two routes 98% of the time. No amount of "route running prowess" is going to get you separation when defenders can flip a coin on every passing down on exactly what you're going to do.

If the organization goofed by giving him too much money, or they think he's T.O. and destroying the team from the inside, then get rid of him. If his cap his was 10m this year, there wouldn't be so many people talking crap.

But let's not pretend there aren't obvious problems with the passing scheme.

jday

Reaction score

Watch the WHOLE THING

It's not a question of hate. It is question of what is Dak-friendly. Dez is not. He needs a QB who knows how to get him the ball despite the lack of separation. Daks not there yet.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
The reality is the truth lies somewhere in between. I think the haters have completely overreacted and say silly things like we can find dozens of guys to do what Dez does. On the flipside, the defenders who think he's pretty much free from blame and this lies on Dak or the coaching staff or both are also being extreme.

Dez has slipped. That's just a reality. I don't know if it's he's been sapped of some of his talent because of the leg injuries or what. But he's slipped. Can he regain his form? I have no idea. But I know his dip in production also isn't entirely his fault either.
This is an exaggeration. Nobody has said he’s free from blame.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
OK....so we see ALL his good side... where is the bad? Dez has laid down the past 2 seasons and dropped more balls then he has caught, you ask me, my bet is Dak has gotten tired of him dropping, flat out missing or tipping it to the defenders and stopped looking at Dez. Can he be a great/good WR? YES, but not if he isn't in the game. Dak is NOT Romo, Dez needs to take it upon himself to get with Dak and those 2 hit the damn field and learn to hook it up. I'll say this last thing on this, im betting 2018 is a Dak/Dez popcorn eating season...just my gut feeling.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
this playing out in the press hasn't helped at all and Stephen jones is one of the main guys to do that this is not good for the team or dez should of been handled much differently

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Whatever happened to being entitled to your own opinion? Why are those that are of a different opinion labeled as haters? And why the all-out recruitment to get you to sign with the University of my Opinion?

LittleD

Reaction score
It doesn't take a lot of work to develop a video of "greatest hits" about Dez. The truth is that for more than half of the games last year he
could not create separation to save his life and in a lot situations he was only being single covered. Beasley was getting a lot of
additional coverage shifted to him and Dez could not help Dak out. Clearly his skills and abilities are becoming diminished. With his
current cap hit and salary, it makes sense to either make an adjustment or let him seek a ring on another team like Ware.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

I love these posts that do not take into consideration what was in the video.

AKOYE takes the route tree and finds Dez winning of the best corners in the NFL on them. It was all of them plus a double move.

The narrative has been that Dez can only run 3 routes. Sharpe/Bayless have been bringing in corners that have faced Dez and had them feed into the narrative. AKOYE then shows Dez beating those corners on routes other than the 3 that supposedly Dez does not know how to run.

Another narrative has been that Dez only gets third stringers nowadays. That is debunked with proof.

And the proof is overwhelming. He shows plays one right after the other for 22+ minutes. I didn't count it but it is at least 130 plays with a conservative 10s per play estimate.

The truth is not in the middle because no one wants to talk about Dak's poor downfield accuracy and reads. No they want to bag on Dez and act like he should get a paycut.

Dez is going to go to another team and we are going to pay a guy who cannot throw accurate deep balls $25m AAV. It's sickening.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
To me, this isn't about Dez skills anymore, whatever they may be. During my 30+ years of following the Cowboys, I can't ever remember a coward in FO spitting venom against Dez like Breer article states. There were some real characters come through, Greg Hardy, TO, Deion Sanders. Jerry has always controlled the voices coming from the FO. Has Dez play fallen off a some, yes? Does his contract need addressing, yes? Very few fans dispute this but no way anyone going to convince me the FO hasn't completely dropped the ball handling this with any respect for Dez and his family. I may be giving him too much credit, I find it hard to believe Jerry is happy the coward in his building.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It doesn't take a lot of work to develop a video of "greatest hits" about Dez. The truth is that for more than half of the games last year he
could not create separation to save his life and in a lot situations he was only being single covered. Beasley was getting a lot of
additional coverage shifted to him and Dez could not help Dak out. Clearly his skills and abilities are becoming diminished. With his
current cap hit and salary, it makes sense to either make an adjustment or let him seek a ring on another team like Ware.

Here's another one.

It's over 120 plays of Dez against top corners running routes he supposedly cannot get separation on. All I get from your post is you didn't watch it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

The worst injury to Dez was his Quarterbacks back injury.

LittleD

Reaction score
Here's another one.

It's over 120 plays of Dez against top corners running routes he supposedly cannot get separation on. All I get from your post is you didn't watch it.

I'm sorry but, all you have to do is study his season stats the last 3 years and you get all the information you need. I watched the video but, I also studied all
the all 88's the last couple of years and the truth is there if you care to really evaluate.