Calling all Experts. What happened on this play?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Sad that a legit football question turned into a corny Dak battle. It may have been on him. For those saying it was on him can you explain or yall just trolling? I want to know if it was oline or dak.......or if it was just a great niner play and if that's the case I want to know if Dan Quinn is dialing up stuff like Ryan's did

Mr_437

Reaction score
1) I think there was a former QB say QB1 set the protection the wrong way, and should've known one of the guys (one who dropped out) wasn't blitzing.

2) A throw leading CeeDee was a TD.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Dak late with decisions as usual in important games
Please explain how was Dak "late"? His first read was Ceedee and his head didnt turn until he got down field. With the saftey blitzing unblocked if anything he was early.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
1) I think there was a former QB say QB1 set the protection the wrong way, and should've known one of the guys (one who dropped out) wasn't blitzing.

2) A throw leading CeeDee was a TD.
It was Orlovsky, and basically everyone said he was wrong.

The ball is underthrown but it's just a blitz-beater off of the back fit. Should have been caught anyway.

basel90

Reaction score
Please explain how was Dak "late"? His first read was Ceedee and his head didnt turn until he got down field. With the saftey blitzing unblocked if anything he was early.
first at 8;45 the play before , the throw was underthrown by 5 yards at least and Cee Dee made an incredibile catch despite the interference.

second, at 9;00 the wide open receiver on the left was missed and dak threw anyway into traffic. slow processing of the situation .

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
second, at 9;00 the wide open receiver on the left was missed and dak threw anyway into traffic. slow processing of the situation .
I was just talking about the 9:00 play but...

@8:45- No qb is 100% pin point accurate throwing 50+yds down field. In years past when Dak did try to lead the wr he overthrew them, so having chemistry and confidence in your wr to make the play is important and that was shown on this play.
https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/nfl-qb-ranking-accuracy-on-passes-over-50-yards-2022

@9:00- CD was Dak's first read. With the safety blitzing unblocked, there was no time for a second read to Hilton. Dak had to force it to CD or get blasted... and it still hit CD in both hands.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Yeah. The problem was the oline, and in particular Zack. Zack needed to get back on the otherwise free runner. There was no one else to do it.

With more time Dak can look to his next read or get more air under the ball but as they blocked he's facing a free runner.
I am glad that someone at least looks at the plays & questions whether Zach might have been less than HOF level on the play.

basel90

Reaction score
I was just talking about the 9:00 play but...

@8:45- No qb is 100% pin point accurate throwing 50+yds down field. In years past when Dak did try to lead the wr he overthrew them, so having chemistry and confidence in your wr to make the play is important and that was shown on this play.
https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/nfl-qb-ranking-accuracy-on-passes-over-50-yards-2022

@9:00- CD was Dak's first read. With the safety blitzing unblocked, there was no time for a second read to Hilton. Dak had to force it to CD or get blasted... and it still hit CD in both hands.
at the end of the day , dak does not make enough plays to help this team when it needs him to be a top tier QB. I can understand your reasoning and excuses for him missing or being rushed. but at the end, and after 8 years, he is receding and threw 15 interceptions while missing 5 games !!!
If he was the right QB for the cowboys , and given their stout defense lately, a CCG or SB should have been attained with Dak at QB.
Sticking with him is a big and costly risk. But we are about to get just that with Jerry doubling down. Let us see ..

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
at the end of the day , dak does not make enough plays to help this team when it needs him to be a top tier QB. I can understand your reasoning and excuses for him missing or being rushed. but at the end, and after 8 years, he is receding and threw 15 interceptions while missing 5 games !!!
If he was the right QB for the cowboys , and given their stout defense lately, a CCG or SB should have been attained with Dak at QB.
Sticking with him is a big and costly risk. But we are about to get just that with Jerry doubling down. Let us see ..
lol... ok.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So you're not gonna explain, in a thread made for people to explain a play... cool.

Funny how some of yall disappear when actual football is being discussed.
They are TMZ fans.

And if you do the same for every QB, then you can dissect the heck of each play and find flaws.

Dak is not elite. We know that.

These pundits dissect a play and find flaws and generalize. Now ask them about the good plays and they give credit to the WR, coach, OC, the backup players, the fans in section 439 rows A thru H, the sun, the moon anything, anyone but Dak.

Fact is no QB is perfect. But elite one make way more good plays than bad ones....and good QBs make more good plays than bad ones. The key is keeping your bad plays low.

These Bash Dak over Dallas cult demand perfection. Given no one is perfect they always have something to over dissect

stilltheguru

Reaction score
So you're not gonna explain, in a thread made for people to explain a play... cool.

Funny how some of yall disappear when actual football is being discussed.
That's partly why I made the thread :muttley: they need Dane to break it down before they give an opinion on it.