Calling Nick Eatman out about Amari Cooper

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Anybody hear this? Nick Eatman from Dallascowboys.com has said numerous times over the past few days that the Cowboys felt for Ceedee Lamb to "blossom" into the #1 WR on this team, Amari Cooper couldn't be on the team.

What kind of loser mentality is this? Ask Ceedee Lamb if he wishes Amari Cooper was on this team. Ask Lamb if he'd be getting double teamed with a safety over the top as much during games.

Then Eatman goes as far as to say that the Cowboys were RIGHT because Lamb is now a true #1 WR. You're giving the wrong response, Nick. It's not about if Lamb is a true #1 WR now, it's about the Cowboys not being as good as a TEAM (T-E-A-M) without Cooper on this Cowboys and the missed opportunity to have both of them on this roster last year and this year as well.

It's this soft mentality within the Cowboys organization as to why they're still looking for a championship since 1995.

TheSport78

Reaction score
Cooper is pretty much not on the team because he got Covid. Dont know why that PO'd Jones so much, but it did. All this is pretty well known.

Eatman is a company man. He is trying to spin it as a positive coming out of the situation
And that Cooper refused to get vaccinated, which was his personal choice and not Jerry Jones’.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Anybody hear this? Nick Eatman from Dallascowboys.com has said numerous times over the past few days that the Cowboys felt for Ceedee Lamb to "blossom" into the #1 WR on this team, Amari Cooper couldn't be on the team.

What kind of loser mentality is this? Ask Ceedee Lamb if he wishes Amari Cooper was on this team. Ask Lamb if he'd be getting double teamed with a safety over the top as much during games.

Then Eatman goes as far as to say that the Cowboys were RIGHT because Lamb is now a true #1 WR. You're giving the wrong response, Nick. It's not about if Lamb is a true #1 WR now, it's about the Cowboys not being as good as a TEAM (T-E-A-M) without Cooper on this Cowboys and the missed opportunity to have both of them on this roster last year and this year as well.

It's this soft mentality within the Cowboys organization as to why they're still looking for a championship since 1995.
Amari Cooper sealed his fate when he didn't block at the end of the SF playoff loss. Cooper was disgruntled about not getting the ball enough and he had good reason to complain. Add to that the cap hit and Cooper was a casualty of his own actions.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I mean there’s nothing wrong with that thinking.

I don’t think that was the sole reason though.

I think Coopers disappearing act in road games and big games took part in it.

I think being able to get from under his salary took part in it.

I think they thought it was smarter to pay Gallup 12 million a year vs Cooper at 20 million.

People can cry about Amari not being here but I saw us lose to San Fran with Coop, Gallup and Lamb here…saw us suck down the stretch. Get over Amari being gone because at the end of the day we underachieved with him here and that’s with a healthy Gallup.

ghst187

Reaction score
Amari Cooper sealed his fate when he didn't block at the end of the SF playoff loss. Cooper was disgruntled about not getting the ball enough and he had good reason to complain. Add to that the cap hit and Cooper was a casualty of his own actions.
But it was still a super dumb move on Jerry’s part.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
See it’s stuff like this that I think did cause him to get traded and I have no issue with it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cooper is pretty much not on the team because he got Covid. Dont know why that PO'd Jones so much, but it did. All this is pretty well known.

Eatman is a company man. He is trying to spin it as a positive coming out of the situation
How is this well known? Not saying it isn’t I’ve never heard that and I’ve never heard Amari say it either…

Ken

Reaction score
Brandon Cooks, even as underused as he is, has more recieving tds than Amari.

foofighters

Reaction score

Lol. You're mad at Eatman for paying his bills? It's amazing how we hang on what the media says.

John813

Reaction score
Yea, not buying that either. But it seems like a low effort company line.

DeVonta Smith hasn't struggled to grow with AJ Brown.
Jaylen Waddle has improved with Tyreek Hill
Evans and Godwin were a legit duo. Godwin was averaging 104 catches, 1,373 receiving yards and 9 TDs since starting in 2019(19-22 avg)
etc...

Cooper was probably the ideal "#1 pairing" for CDL as he was relatively low drama on and off the field. Of course receivers want the ball but to me there was nothing about Cooper and any "jealously" drama.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
How is this well known? Not saying it isn’t I’ve never heard that and I’ve never heard Amari say it either…
All of the beat writers have alluded to it, some more direct than others.

What's ironic here us Eatman has even alluded to it in the past, but I think he's been more measured given his relationship with the Jones family.

TheSport78

Reaction score
Yeah, I just don’t agree with this at all.

TheSport78

Reaction score
Lol. You're mad at Eatman for paying his bills? It's amazing how we hang on what the media says.
Did I say that? I strongly disagree with his opinion. That’s what, you know, the media is for (talk about the covering sport).