Calling Nick Eatman out about Amari Cooper

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Anybody hear this? Nick Eatman from Dallascowboys.com has said numerous times over the past few days that the Cowboys felt for Ceedee Lamb to "blossom" into the #1 WR on this team, Amari Cooper couldn't be on the team.

What kind of loser mentality is this? Ask Ceedee Lamb if he wishes Amari Cooper was on this team. Ask Lamb if he'd be getting double teamed with a safety over the top as much during games.

Then Eatman goes as far as to say that the Cowboys were RIGHT because Lamb is now a true #1 WR. You're giving the wrong response, Nick. It's not about if Lamb is a true #1 WR now, it's about the Cowboys not being as good as a TEAM (T-E-A-M) without Cooper on this Cowboys and the missed opportunity to have both of them on this roster last year and this year as well.

It's this soft mentality within the Cowboys organization as to why they're still looking for a championship since 1995.
Charmin soft should be the Cowboys motto...

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you're looking for fair unbiased analysis from the team website you're wasting your time.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
If you're looking for fair unbiased analysis from the team website you're wasting your time.
True, I just expected better than Eatman because it tends to “keep it real” compared to the other company shills at The Star

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Anybody hear this? Nick Eatman from Dallascowboys.com has said numerous times over the past few days that the Cowboys felt for Ceedee Lamb to "blossom" into the #1 WR on this team, Amari Cooper couldn't be on the team.

What kind of loser mentality is this? Ask Ceedee Lamb if he wishes Amari Cooper was on this team. Ask Lamb if he'd be getting double teamed with a safety over the top as much during games.

Then Eatman goes as far as to say that the Cowboys were RIGHT because Lamb is now a true #1 WR. You're giving the wrong response, Nick. It's not about if Lamb is a true #1 WR now, it's about the Cowboys not being as good as a TEAM (T-E-A-M) without Cooper on this Cowboys and the missed opportunity to have both of them on this roster last year and this year as well.

It's this soft mentality within the Cowboys organization as to why they're still looking for a championship since 1995.
I've heard that mentioned before, but its just a PR spin. Amari isn't here for 2 reasons

1) He pissed off the Cowboys organization behind closed doors.
2) He's always been a good player, but is a streaky player. When he's on he looks like one of the best receiver in the NFL, but when he's off he dissapears. Cowboys 2nd guessed that contract.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Eatman’s entitled to express whatever he likes on his show, and I think he’s been consistent with his thoughts on the issue. It’s an opinion, you don’t have to agree.

I don’t listen to his show cuz I view the guy as a good supporting actor but not the main act. Don’t think he excels in that role

keds

Reaction score

In hindsight Cooper had every right to be skeptical about the vax. He probably did his research and found that the touted positive effects did not outweighed the negative side effects such as myocarditis.

And in hindsight keeping him over Gallup looks like it would have been the better move. You could argue having Cooper and then Bobby Wagner over Vander Esch would have really positioned us for
a strong run this year.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He publicy told JJ to take a leap on some issues... that will get you sent to cleveland...not saying it was right or wrong, just a fact.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
There was a certain player who publicy said some things to JJ about his 1 knee and a certain song policy and he was also shown the door..got beef with JJ best to keep it behind closed doors..again not saying it right or wrong, just a fact..

BoysForLife

Reaction score
He publicy told JJ to take a leap on some issues... that will get you sent to cleveland...not saying it was right or wrong, just a fact.
Which is exactly why Eatman is swallowing his manhood and parroting the company line on this one.

There's no way in hell Eatman actually believes were better without Cooper but he is a good little soldier and follows orders well. And Jerry keeps him in his good graces

TheSport78

Reaction score
I've heard that mentioned before, but its just a PR spin. Amari isn't here for 2 reasons

1) He pissed off the Cowboys organization behind closed doors.
2) He's always been a good player, but is a streaky player. When he's on he looks like one of the best receiver in the NFL, but when he's off he dissapears. Cowboys 2nd guessed that contract.
1) Can you elaborate?
2) Streaky? Back to back 1100+ yard seasons and his production dropped in 2021 because Lamb got more targets, which is totally fine. Defenses still had to account for both of them. Now opposing defenses account for Jalen Tolbert and Michael Gallup. Cowboys were spot on; great job!

TheSport78

Reaction score
In hindsight Cooper had every right to be skeptical about the vax. He probably did his research and found that the touted positive effects did not outweighed the negative side effects such as myocarditis.

And in hindsight keeping him over Gallup looks like it would have been the better move. You could argue having Cooper and then Bobby Wagner over Vander Esch would have really positioned us for
a strong run this year.
Yeah, Eatman also said the Cowboys wanted to allocate his money to other players. I'm assuming this was Gallup and LVE. WOW. Money very well spent.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
My understanding was that he was publicly calling out coaches, along with the whole Covid vaccine non compliance. Soon as they lost in the playoffs, heard from Belt that Cooper player his last gam with the team.

Cooper was a good player for the Cowboys but always was banged up and never showed up in the big games outside the division. Yes, should of gotten more compensation but Lamb is the better big game player!

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Last year on one of the DC.com shows -- and I'm pretty sure it was the Break when Eatman was still on there -- they all agreed that refusing the shot is why Amari was let go.

Not in so many words, but more of a "We all know why Amari was let go" and everyone kind of smiled and chuckled at each other.

Maybe the powers that be let them know they better not go there anymore.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
All of the beat writers have alluded to it, some more direct than others.

What's ironic here us Eatman has even alluded to it in the past, but I think he's been more measured given his relationship with the Jones family.
Hmmm....i've never even seen them allude to it. That explains why everyone keeps running with it. Seems odd though Amari never came out and said anything about it.

TheSport78

Reaction score
My understanding was that he was publicly calling out coaches, along with the whole Covid vaccine non compliance. Soon as they lost in the playoffs, heard from Belt that Cooper player his last gam with the team.

Cooper was a good player for the Cowboys but always was banged up and never showed up in the big games outside the division. Yes, should have gotten more compensation but Lamb is the better big game player!
Not buying this and the injury BS. Tyron Smith would’ve been gone 5 years ago.

TheSport78

Reaction score
Last year on one of the DC.com shows -- and I'm pretty sure it was the Break when Eatman was still on there -- they all agreed that refusing the shot is why Amari was let go.

Not in so many words, but more of a "We all know why Amari was let go" and everyone kind of smiled and chuckled at each other.

Maybe the powers that be let them know they better not go there anymore.
Amari was right for numerous reasons.