Calling Nick Eatman out about Amari Cooper

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We’re not talking about Micah or Dak. We’re talking about Amari Cooper.
Yes and i'm talking about Amari as well. I said do you think if Dak and Micah didn't get vaccinated would they have been cut? So why is Amari a special case? There was clearly more there other than a vaccinated. Maybe that was the nail of the coffin or part of it. But the guy disappeared in big games. His contract was easy to get from under.....and yeah if you think Lamb has a high ceiling why would you relugate him to just the slot and 6 touches a game when his ceiling is higher?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Last year on one of the DC.com shows -- and I'm pretty sure it was the Break when Eatman was still on there -- they all agreed that refusing the shot is why Amari was let go.

Not in so many words, but more of a "We all know why Amari was let go" and everyone kind of smiled and chuckled at each other.

Maybe the powers that be let them know they better not go there anymore.
That's not much of a confirmation then. There was more to the Amari story and for some reason it hasn't come out yet.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
I think th
Yes and i'm talking about Amari as well. I said do you think if Dak and Micah didn't get vaccinated would they have been cut? So why is Amari a special case? There was clearly more there other than a vaccinated. Maybe that was the nail of the coffin or part of it. But the guy disappeared in big games. His contract was easy to get from under.....and yeah if you think Lamb has a high ceiling why would you relugate him to just the slot and 6 touches a game when his ceiling is higher?

Tyron is a future hall of famer. Amari is not....there's no comparison.
That’s not a valid reason.

tm1119

Reaction score
They’ve won 12 games each year since doing it lol. I don’t think you can win in this league with guys who quit.
The Browns and Cowboys have the same record. And the Browns have started 4 different QB’s, 3 of which were terrible. They’d probably be undefeated if the anchor that is Amari Cooper wasn’t dragging them down right?

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
The answer is simple: it’s the quarterback and one of the best pass rushers in the game. They felt Amari was expendable because of Lamb, and I wouldn’t have had a problem with it if they had a SENSIBLE PLAN to replace him, which they didn’t. The FO has botched the WR position numerous times; might I remind you of 2019, the reason why they had to trade for Cooper in the first place?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Browns and Cowboys have the same record. And the Browns have started 4 different QB’s, 3 of which were terrible. They’d probably be undefeated if the anchor that is Amari Cooper wasn’t dragging them down right?
You don't think the Cowboys and Browns have the same record because the Browns have the best defense in the league? Its because of Amari? Interesting lol...that Myles Garrett guy I hear he's good too but not sure.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
1) Can you elaborate?
2) Streaky? Back to back 1100+ yard seasons and his production dropped in 2021 because Lamb got more targets, which is totally fine. Defenses still had to account for both of them. Now opposing defenses account for Jalen Tolbert and Michael Gallup. Cowboys were spot on; great job!
1) I think a lot of it stemmed from the Covid vaccine and Amari missing time, then Amari criticizing his role behind the curtain. Amari is a quiet guy, but from comments and rumors within the organization it seems he just wore out his welcome.

2) Amari's year end results have been consistent around the 1000 to 1200 yards but his game to game results haven't been. He'll have a monster game then go quiet. Such was the case with the Browns for 4 straight games before the last 2. Again Amari is a good player, but has followed a similar trajectory his entire career. When he's motivated he's on fire, when he's not that will show up on the field too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The answer is simple: it’s the quarterback and one of the best pass rushers in the game. They felt Amari was expendable because of Lamb, and I wouldn’t have had a problem with it if they had a SENSIBLE PLAN to replace him, which they didn’t. The FO has botched the WR position numerous times; might I remind you of 2019, the reason why they had to trade for Cooper in the first place?
Exactly my point though. Dak and Micah are not expendable because of a vaccination.....Amari was expendable because of Lamb. Not because he didn't vaccinated.

But I do agree with you they screwed up receiver. Well I Don't think so now. I think Cooks, Gallup, Tolbert and Lamb should be good enough. I'd rather have Tolbert and Cooks than Cooper.

But yeah they definitely goofed thinking a rookie and Noah Brown was gonna compensate for Cooper. Oh and a injured Gallup. Insane.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

ghst187

Reaction score
They’ve won 12 games each year since doing it lol. I don’t think you can win in this league with guys who quit.
He didn’t quit in Cleveland despite losing their starting RB and QB. I’d argue we would’ve won more games including playoffs last year had we kept him.
Pretty bad timing to be bashing Amari right now, coming off a near 300 yard performance with a backup to the backup QB.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Cooper is pretty much not on the team because he got Covid. Dont know why that PO'd Jones so much, but it did. All this is pretty well known.

Eatman is a company man. He is trying to spin it as a positive coming out of the situation
this. Cooper was run for a bag of oranges because of this^. Eatman and most of the DC.COM guys are all the same ilk. I hate what we did to Amari. What made me sicker was the shade being thrown at him by the Mike Fishers of the world. Amari had every right to choose for himself. Jerry is a arse hat. Fortunately, we are ok at wr. It didn't backfire too bad. I just wish Amari was handled with more class than he was. It was crap. The media ran interference for Jerry like a bunch of lapdogs. They were all reading from the same script when that went down. Again, made me sick.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He didn’t quit in Cleveland despite losing their starting RB and QB. I’d argue we would’ve won more games including playoffs last year had we kept him.
Pretty bad timing to be bashing Amari right now, coming off a near 300 yard performance with a backup to the backup QB.
this. FACTS.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Cooper is pretty much not on the team because he got Covid. Dont know why that PO'd Jones so much, but it did. All this is pretty well known.

Eatman is a company man. He is trying to spin it as a positive coming out of the situation
Think it's more than this. I remember a tight game @ Philly where he played half of the game and was arms crossed & upright on the sideline while the Cowboys were trying to rally.

He was a strange cat. I'm not sad he's gone, I am sad we thought a damaged Gallup was worth hanging on to vs a different fix.