Calling Nick Eatman out about Amari Cooper

Sydla

Reaction score
I don’t agree with the take personally. But it wouldn’t shock me especially if Eastman is reporting it.
Why wasn't Eatmann reporting this back then though?

Right after the trade, the pretty consistent message for months was that the Cowboys wanted the contract off the books and Jerry had some issues with Cooper's commitment due to the whole having to sit out more games because of things we shouldn't discuss here.

Now Eatman pops up almost two years later with a story that the team got rid of him because they were afraid Lamb wouldn't develop? Seems highly suspect to me.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Right after the trade, the pretty consistent message for months was that the Cowboys wanted the contract off the books and Jerry had some issues with Cooper's commitment due to the whole having to sit out more games because of things we shouldn't discuss here.

Now Eatman pops up almost two years later with a story that the team got rid of him because they were afraid Lamb wouldn't develop? Seems highly suspect to me.
Eatman is a clown. A nasty ginger clown at that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

It’s possible. Sounds more realistic to cut him over his contract honestly…..

RoboQB

Reaction score
I just wonder how many $20Mil #1 WRs have had 3 games in one season
with only 2 targets. That happened in Amari's last year in Dallas.
Dude was upset at not being treated as a true #1.

Either way, there's nothing wrong with following former players and
enjoying watching them do well elsewhere. I've watched several
Browns games (never thought that would happen...lol) and he's had an
awesome year. Last year wasn't too shabby either.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
So Cooper tacks on $20 million to the cap and now you have to pay Lamb. Then what? How much of a salary cap can be spent on WRs?

Further scoring points in Dallas is not the problem. Spend some extra cap money on the DL so maybe the defense doesn’t get gashed by every good running team.
You don't re-sign scrubs like Gallup, Kearse, and LVE, maybe?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
You don't re-sign scrubs like Gallup, Kearse, and LVE, maybe?
Still I think they are fine at WR. Cooper wouldn’t help much. A reliable T, monster DT or a thumper LB would have helped.

LVE is the ultimate scrub.

TheSport78

Reaction score
Still I think they are fine at WR. Cooper wouldn’t help much. A reliable T, monster DT or a thumper LB would have helped.

LVE is the ultimate scrub.
I disagree that they’re fine at WR. It always exposes itself when they play good teams, especially on the road.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
You can not pay 2 number 1s also Cooper demeanor and conflicts with the organization made him expendable.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Anybody hear this? Nick Eatman from Dallascowboys.com has said numerous times over the past few days that the Cowboys felt for Ceedee Lamb to "blossom" into the #1 WR on this team, Amari Cooper couldn't be on the team.

What kind of loser mentality is this? Ask Ceedee Lamb if he wishes Amari Cooper was on this team. Ask Lamb if he'd be getting double teamed with a safety over the top as much during games.

Then Eatman goes as far as to say that the Cowboys were RIGHT because Lamb is now a true #1 WR. You're giving the wrong response, Nick. It's not about if Lamb is a true #1 WR now, it's about the Cowboys not being as good as a TEAM (T-E-A-M) without Cooper on this Cowboys and the missed opportunity to have both of them on this roster last year and this year as well.

It's this soft mentality within the Cowboys organization as to why they're still looking for a championship since 1995.
This is funny.

The issue is you can see Cooper's narcissistic traits.. Then, take a look at a player like Cooks, and it's almost the same guy.

Funny you try to make Eatman or the Cowboys "losers" for being right about something. Lamb is a team guy, obviously not a narcissist... Narcissists try to compete by throwing their teammates under the bus. So, it was a wise move by Dallas.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Cooper is pretty much not on the team because he got Covid. Dont know why that PO'd Jones so much, but it did. All this is pretty well known.

Eatman is a company man. He is trying to spin it as a positive coming out of the situation
Actually, he's not. If you've paid attention to Eatman for long enough, you'd know that. He's been just as critical when it's warranted.

TheSport78

Reaction score
This is funny.

The issue is you can see Cooper's narcissistic traits.. Then, take a look at a player like Cooks, and it's almost the same guy.

Funny you try to make Eatman or the Cowboys "losers" for being right about something. Lamb is a team guy, obviously not a narcissist... Narcissists try to compete by throwing their teammates under the bus. So, it was a wise move by Dallas.
Lol what’s your evidence that Cooper is a narcissist? You should work for ESPN.