Calling Nick Eatman out about Amari Cooper

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Y’all are forgetting that sweeeeeet 5th round pick we got in return for Amari.

Jerry’s playing chess while the rest of the league is playing checkers.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
None of them officially said it, but when he missed games from Covid word spread that Jones was furious about him not being vaxxed and getting it
Yup, and Jerry was embarrassingly wrong. I'll never respect Jerry now after that.

TheSport78

Reaction score
I can't say what he did in Cleveland. I haven't had a eye on him like I did when he was in Dallas.
And i'm not bashing Amari. There was never any question about whether Amari was good. He was good in Oakland, good in Dallas and he's good in Cleveland. But can I win with him? Raiders said they couldn't. Cowboys fel they couldn't....I guess maybe Cleveland thinks they can?

You have ot ask yourself can you win with a guy who's shown he can quit on times. Now me? I would've never traded him. But if i'm a coach and decided I can't win with him then yeah i'd get rid of him. That's more than a viable excuse.
See, thats the thing. NOBODY knows if he quit; that's your perception of what occurred. All I know is we were and would be now a better football with Cooper compared to JAGS like Gallup and Tolbert. This team could've had two #1 WRs; a team who's in win now mode. Instead they "hoped" Gallup would return to form and Tolbert would develop.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
See, thats the thing. NOBODY knows if he quit; that's your perception of what occurred. All I know is we were and would be now a better football with Cooper compared to JAGS like Gallup and Tolbert. This team could've had two #1 WRs; a team who's in win now mode. Instead they "hoped" Gallup would return to form and Tolbert would develop.
I hope he quit because if he didn’t then he’s just an emotional wreck. Did we not have two number ones when we had Amari and Lamb lol? You guys pretend like we didn’t have both with a healthy Gallup:

Sydla

Reaction score
Anybody hear this? Nick Eatman from Dallascowboys.com has said numerous times over the past few days that the Cowboys felt for Ceedee Lamb to "blossom" into the #1 WR on this team, Amari Cooper couldn't be on the team.

What kind of loser mentality is this? Ask Ceedee Lamb if he wishes Amari Cooper was on this team. Ask Lamb if he'd be getting double teamed with a safety over the top as much during games.

Then Eatman goes as far as to say that the Cowboys were RIGHT because Lamb is now a true #1 WR. You're giving the wrong response, Nick. It's not about if Lamb is a true #1 WR now, it's about the Cowboys not being as good as a TEAM (T-E-A-M) without Cooper on this Cowboys and the missed opportunity to have both of them on this roster last year and this year as well.

It's this soft mentality within the Cowboys organization as to why they're still looking for a championship since 1995.
Ehhh, Eatmann is just trying to justify a bad decision (whether that be keeping him or the fact they traded him for absolute dreck and should have gotten more).

He was sent packing for a few reasons, none of which have to to with letting Lamb "blossom". One, the contract. They didn't want to restructure and kick more money into the future. But once he was traded, the Browns didn't have to still eat the prorated stuff that stayed on our books and easily restructured the deal. Two, it was reported by a few writers that Jerry had an issue with what he viewed as Cooper's "commitment" to the team when he had to sit out because of not to be mentioned pandemic, not to be mentioned needle status.

TheSport78

Reaction score
I hope he quit because if he didn’t then he’s just an emotional wreck. Did we not have two number ones when we had Amari and Lamb lol? You guys pretend like we didn’t have both with a healthy Gallup:
Lamb wasn't fully developed. You could've had a Lamb in his prime with Cooper still in his prime. They missed a big time opportunity. Plus, they had Kellen Moore at OC, which could've been holding back things.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lamb wasn't fully developed. You could've had a Lamb in his prime with Cooper still in his prime. They missed a big time opportunity. Plus, they had Kellen Moore at OC, which could've been holding back things.
And that’s exactly what they are saying….in order for Lamb to be “fully developed” they had to trade Lamb…..

The offense was explosive with Moore lol…y’all are revising history for the sake of it.

TheSport78

Reaction score
And that’s exactly what they are saying….in order for Lamb to be “fully developed” they had to trade Lamb…..

The offense was explosive with Moore lol…y’all are revising history for the sake of it.
That doesn't make any sense to me. How can a WR not be fully developed with a solid option across from him on the field? Give me good football players. The Cowboys got rid of a great player and had a horrible plan to replace him. They know it.

TheSport78

Reaction score
Needing him gone because Lamb wouldn't become a #1 WR with him here sure wasnt a reason they got rid of him. The premise is ridiculous
That's what Eatman said. I agree though; that's definitely not the reason why they traded him. Jerry doesn't just get rid of players that can help him win.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That doesn't make any sense to me. How can a WR not be fully developed with a solid option across from him on the field? Give me good football players. The Cowboys got rid of a great player and had a horrible plan to replace him. They know it.
I don’t agree with the take personally. But it wouldn’t shock me especially if Eastman is reporting it.

TheSport78

Reaction score
I don’t agree with the take personally. But it wouldn’t shock me especially if Eastman is reporting it.
Yeah, we're talking about the front office that thought Deonte Thompson and Allen Hurts were viable replacements after letting Dez go.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
So Cooper tacks on $20 million to the cap and now you have to pay Lamb. Then what? How much of a salary cap can be spent on WRs?

Further scoring points in Dallas is not the problem. Spend some extra cap money on the DL so maybe the defense doesn’t get gashed by every good running team.