Calling Nick Eatman out about Amari Cooper

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He didn’t quit in Cleveland despite losing their starting RB and QB. I’d argue we would’ve won more games including playoffs last year had we kept him.
Pretty bad timing to be bashing Amari right now, coming off a near 300 yard performance with a backup to the backup QB.
I can't say what he did in Cleveland. I haven't had a eye on him like I did when he was in Dallas.
And i'm not bashing Amari. There was never any question about whether Amari was good. He was good in Oakland, good in Dallas and he's good in Cleveland. But can I win with him? Raiders said they couldn't. Cowboys fel they couldn't....I guess maybe Cleveland thinks they can?

You have ot ask yourself can you win with a guy who's shown he can quit on times. Now me? I would've never traded him. But if i'm a coach and decided I can't win with him then yeah i'd get rid of him. That's more than a viable excuse.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Anybody hear this? Nick Eatman from Dallascowboys.com has said numerous times over the past few days that the Cowboys felt for Ceedee Lamb to "blossom" into the #1 WR on this team, Amari Cooper couldn't be on the team.

What kind of loser mentality is this? Ask Ceedee Lamb if he wishes Amari Cooper was on this team. Ask Lamb if he'd be getting double teamed with a safety over the top as much during games.

Then Eatman goes as far as to say that the Cowboys were RIGHT because Lamb is now a true #1 WR. You're giving the wrong response, Nick. It's not about if Lamb is a true #1 WR now, it's about the Cowboys not being as good as a TEAM (T-E-A-M) without Cooper on this Cowboys and the missed opportunity to have both of them on this roster last year and this year as well.

It's this soft mentality within the Cowboys organization as to why they're still looking for a championship since 1995.
Totally bro!

We need to hold this reporter accountable. The media's soft mentality is ruining the operations of the football team!

Hadenough

Reaction score
Yeah, I just don’t agree with this at all.
That's ok we're all entitled to our own opinion. I tend to not believe the Cowboys reporters because they can lose their job if the say negative stuff about the team or players. What Eatman says would also make it look like Jerry didn't make a mistake. Too much brown nosing going on.

ghst187

Reaction score
I can't say what he did in Cleveland. I haven't had a eye on him like I did when he was in Dallas.
And i'm not bashing Amari. There was never any question about whether Amari was good. He was good in Oakland, good in Dallas and he's good in Cleveland. But can I win with him? Raiders said they couldn't. Cowboys fel they couldn't....I guess maybe Cleveland thinks they can?

You have ot ask yourself can you win with a guy who's shown he can quit on times. Now me? I would've never traded him. But if i'm a coach and decided I can't win with him then yeah i'd get rid of him. That's more than a viable excuse.
Yeah I just think we were better with him than without him and now we have a different OC so who knows, he might’ve been awesome again without KM. We were def better with him than Gallup/Cooks and the price diff would’ve been negligible.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah I just think we were better with him than without him and now we have a different OC so who knows, he might’ve been awesome again without KM. We were def better with him than Gallup/Cooks and the price diff would’ve been negligible.
I like Cooks because of his speed. To me Lamb offers the same things Cooper did but better. I would've never traded Coop and don't understand why they did. Yeah he sucks in big games but he ain't the only one lol.

But if they decided he was bad for the culture? Then I can respect it. BUt I haven't heard anyone admit that either.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Does that mean every other player at the time and since has gotten the vaccine?
Why does it matter since? It’s now known nor was it proven back then that it actually does NOT prevent the transmission of COVID, so Jerry was a fool in the first place. I would bet my life savings that unless there was a medical exemption, every other player did get it.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Why does it matter since? It’s now known nor was it proven back then that it actually does NOT prevent the transmission of COVID, so Jerry was a fool in the first place. I would bet my life savings that unless there was a medical exemption, every other player did get it.
Honestly because I'm 100% against the vaccine I think it's dangerous and it may explain a lot if the whole team is vaccinated.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:hammer:

lk8701

Reaction score
I mean there’s nothing wrong with that thinking.

I don’t think that was the sole reason though.

I think Coopers disappearing act in road games and big games took part in it.

I think being able to get from under his salary took part in it.

I think they thought it was smarter to pay Gallup 12 million a year vs Cooper at 20 million.

People can cry about Amari not being here but I saw us lose to San Fran with Coop, Gallup and Lamb here…saw us suck down the stretch. Get over Amari being gone because at the end of the day we underachieved with him here and that’s with a healthy Gallup.
He didn't play in the SF playoff game that year. He was injured.

ghst187

Reaction score
I like Cooks because of his speed. To me Lamb offers the same things Cooper did but better. I would've never traded Coop and don't understand why they did. Yeah he sucks in big games but he ain't the only one lol.

But if they decided he was bad for the culture? Then I can respect it. BUt I haven't heard anyone admit that either.
I’m a big fan of Cooks too, Amari, Lamb, and Cooks would’ve been killer.