Calling out this "fanbase"

Status
Not open for further replies.

J12B

Reaction score
I’ve got to be honest with you all—I'm not disappointed in this fanbase; I'm downright appalled. The lack of confidence I see here is staggering just because we havent gotten to the big dance in 28 years.

We'll guess what- 28 years is.a very small sample size in the grand scheme of things. This franchise has 5 rings, which not top many other fanbases can say.

How can so many of you, who call yourselves Cowboys fans, be filled with doubt and negativity about this team?

I understand that every season has its ups and downs, but the way some of you talk, you'd think we’re doomed before the season even starts. Where’s the faith? Where’s the loyalty? I can’t, for the life of me, see eye to eye with anyone who claims to be a fan but only spreads doubt and negativity.

Did we know that back in 1994 thus franchise was about to go on a dynasty run?

I have absolutely no respect for any Cowboys fan who doubts this team. You either believe in the star, or you don’t. If you’re going to jump ship every time the water gets a little rough, maybe it’s time to find a new team to “support.” But for those of us who truly believe, we know what this team is capable of, and we stand by them through thick and thin.

So, if you’re one of those who’s lost confidence, maybe take a step back and rethink what it means to be a Cowboys fan. Because here, we believe in our team—no matter what.

A lot of members here have no spine whatsoever and it's why Cowboys fans have such a reputation of being considered "bandwagon" fans.

Do better.

Go Cowboys.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How can so many of you, who call yourselves Cowboys fans, be filled with doubt and negativity about this team?
jerry-jones-clown.gif

gtb1943

Reaction score
He has 3 rings.

Could've had another in 2008 if not for a fumble by Romo on a Field Goal.

Could've had another in 2014, if not for that terrible overturned Dez catch.

He's not as bad of a GM as he's made out to be.

He's put together a lot of good teams over the years.

Try coming up with something original.

to start with the fumble of a deliberately greased ball was in 2006
and our D was lousy in 2014; could not even pressure a one legged Rodgers
so your post right away is a joke
not to mention we have not sniffed a Conference Championship game THIS CENTURY under the guidance of YOUR HERO JETHRO

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You said "How can so many of you be filled with doubt and negativity about this team?" and I answered.

Put up a poll and I guarantee you the #1 answer is Jerry Jones. He isn't a NFL GM he is a snake oil salesman. No offense to snake oil salesmen.

0-28 leaves a very bad taste in Cowboy fans mouth.

MikeT22

Reaction score
He has 3 rings.

Could've had another in 2008 if not for a fumble by Romo on a Field Goal.

Could've had another in 2014, if not for that terrible overturned Dez catch.

He's not as bad of a GM as he's made out to be.

He's put together a lot of good teams over the years.

He has none without the teams Jimmy Johnson built.

RS12

Reaction score
Cool. We now have 30 something fans calling out fans that have been fans way longer than they been alive. Sad really. I guess it isn't your fault that you haven't been alive long enough to know better or the difference. Nutshell of the last 30 years right here.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’ve got to be honest with you all—I'm not disappointed in this fanbase; I'm downright appalled. The lack of confidence I see here is staggering just because we havent gotten to the big dance in 28 years.

We'll guess what- 28 years is.a very small sample size in the grand scheme of things. This franchise has 5 rings, which not top many other fanbases can say.

I understand that every season has its ups and downs, but the way some of you talk, you'd think we’re doomed before the season even starts. Where’s the faith? Where’s the loyalty? I can’t, for the life of me, see eye to eye with anyone who claims to be a fan but only spreads doubt and negativity.

I have absolutely no respect for any Cowboys fan who doubts this team. You either believe in the star, or you don’t. If you’re going to jump ship every time the water gets a little rough, maybe it’s time to find a new team to “support.” But for those of us who truly believe, we know what this team is capable of, and we stand by them through thick and thin.

So, if you’re one of those who’s lost confidence, maybe take a step back and rethink what it means to be a Cowboys fan. Because here, we believe in our team—no matter what.

A lot of members here have no spine whatsoever and it's why Cowboys fans have such a reputation of being considered "bandwagon" fans.

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
Not sure why you’re appalled at a frustrated fanbase that hasn’t even seen the team win a divisional round playoff game in 29 years. The team is coming off the worst playoff debacle in franchise history. The fanbase has every right not to feel confident after such an embarrassing playoff performance and watching the team sitting on their hands in free agency. Not to mention, we still can’t sign our top players.

Brax

Reaction score

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
I have no respect for a so called fan being happy with mediocre performances in big games and just so you know they haven’t got to the little dance for 28 years that is by far the worst stretch in franchise history, a expansion team with no picks in the 60 draft and a bunch of cast offs built a team that played in the 1966
game, but keep being happy with underperforming players and mismanaging FO, Jerry loves fans like you. 64 seasons and it’s a small sample size, I guess math isn’t your strong suit

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
to start with the fumble of a deliberately greased ball was in 2006
and our D was lousy in 2014; could not even pressure a one legged Rodgers
so your post right away is a joke
not to mention we have not sniffed a Conference Championship game THIS CENTURY under the guidance of YOUR HERO JETHRO
Here’s a good example of who the OP is talking about. Does nothing here but whine along with his hater buddies. That’s not being a fan Bob, that’s just being something else I can’t say.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

A lot of members here have no spine whatsoever
criticizing the team when you feel they deserve it is having a spine. Blindly following them off a cliff is the opposite of that.

They curse because they care.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Why do we care so much what everyone else thinks? If you think this team is Super Bowl bound good for you, enjoy the ride.

Personally I just love talking football. Don’t care if it’s with people who are optimistic or pessimistic as long as their reasonable.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have no respect for a so called fan being happy with mediocre performances in big games and just so you know they haven’t got to the little dance for 28 years that is by far the worst stretch in franchise history, a expansion team with no picks in the 60 draft and a bunch of cast offs built a team that played in the 1966
game, but keep being happy with underperforming players and mismanaging FO, Jerry loves fans like you. 64 seasons and it’s a small sample size, I guess math isn’t your strong suit
There’s not one person here who’s happy with mediocre performances in big games. Now there are fans who have admitted hoping the Cowboys lose to try and get rid of a certain player. There’s fans here who have hoped they have a terrible season this year. Those are the kind of fans you should have no respect for. I surely don’t.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
How can so many of you, who call yourselves Cowboys fans, be filled with doubt and negativity about this team
Because I am 26 years old and have watched this team win exactly 3 playoff games in my entire life.
Sad. You lose respect for a person because they don't feel like cheerleading a sports teams?

Why are you insinuating that those who may be critical of the team aren't "standing by the team"? The goal of NFL teams is to win championships. That's what it's all about. The Cowboys haven't done that for almost three decades. You think they're immune from criticism for some reason?

Yet despite their failures, we're still here. I'm still here. My fellow critics are here.

You are the one who apparently thinks the team is winning the Super Bowl every year - not me. But we support the team anyway.

So doesn't that mean I have more "spine" than you? Because I still support the team even when I don't expect them to succeed?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why do we care so much what everyone else thinks? If you think this team is Super Bowl bound good for you, enjoy the ride.

Personally I just love talking football. Don’t care if it’s with people who are optimistic or pessimistic as long as their reasonable.
Look at this forum? It’s overrun with people who do nothing but whine about the team or the players. That’s why.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
Winning a SB in the Salary Cap era is a testament to the GM/FO.

So we are at a disadvantage. Plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.