Calling out this "fanbase"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qcard

Reaction score
I’ve got to be honest with you all—I'm not disappointed in this fanbase; I'm downright appalled. The lack of confidence I see here is staggering just because we havent gotten to the big dance in 28 years.

We'll guess what- 28 years is.a very small sample size in the grand scheme of things. This franchise has 5 rings, which not top many other fanbases can say.

How can so many of you, who call yourselves Cowboys fans, be filled with doubt and negativity about this team?

I understand that every season has its ups and downs, but the way some of you talk, you'd think we’re doomed before the season even starts. Where’s the faith? Where’s the loyalty? I can’t, for the life of me, see eye to eye with anyone who claims to be a fan but only spreads doubt and negativity.

Did we know that back in 1994 thus franchise was about to go on a dynasty run?

I have absolutely no respect for any Cowboys fan who doubts this team. You either believe in the star, or you don’t. If you’re going to jump ship every time the water gets a little rough, maybe it’s time to find a new team to “support.” But for those of us who truly believe, we know what this team is capable of, and we stand by them through thick and thin.

So, if you’re one of those who’s lost confidence, maybe take a step back and rethink what it means to be a Cowboys fan. Because here, we believe in our team—no matter what.

A lot of members here have no spine whatsoever and it's why Cowboys fans have such a reputation of being considered "bandwagon" fans.

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
What you have is a group of Cowboy fans who think they are entitled to a Superbowl run every season...

What you have is a group of Cowboy fans whom over past 30 years were groomed by the greatest Owners in NFL History to Hate the players for being American aka.....maximizing your earning potential!

What you are witnessing in a failure of some Cowboy Fans over the past 30 years to keep up with and understand the 21st Century Athlete..

I'll take Jerry's three 12-Win Seasons over three 5-Win Seasons

Go Cowboys!!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
criticizing the team when you feel they deserve it is having a spine. Blindly following them off a cliff is the opposite of that.

They curse because they care.
Another one who doesn’t get it. Probably on purpose. It’s not black and white like that. I know you want it to be to fit your agenda, but it’s the fans who do nothing but ***** about something here everyday, all the time. Many of them have already posted their hate here to the OP and anyone else who agrees with him.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Because I am 26 years old and have watched this team win exactly 3 playoff games in my entire life.

Sad. You lose respect for a person because they don't feel like cheerleading a sports teams?

Why are you insinuating that those who may be critical of the team aren't "standing by the team"? The goal of NFL teams is to win championships. That's what it's all about. The Cowboys haven't done that for almost three decades. You think they're immune from criticism for some reason?

Yet despite their failures, we're still here. I'm still here. My fellow critics are here.

You are the one who apparently thinks the team is winning the Super Bowl every year - not me. But we support the team anyway.

So doesn't that mean I have more "spine" than you? Because I still support the team even when I don't expect them to succeed?
He’s probably not talking about fans like you who are more objective with your negativity. The guy from the mountains and the puppy dog are the types at least in my mind. Don’t want to speak for the OP.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I’ve got to be honest with you all—I'm not disappointed in this fanbase; I'm downright appalled. The lack of confidence I see here is staggering just because we havent gotten to the big dance in 28 years.

We'll guess what- 28 years is.a very small sample size in the grand scheme of things. This franchise has 5 rings, which not top many other fanbases can say.

How can so many of you, who call yourselves Cowboys fans, be filled with doubt and negativity about this team?

I understand that every season has its ups and downs, but the way some of you talk, you'd think we’re doomed before the season even starts. Where’s the faith? Where’s the loyalty? I can’t, for the life of me, see eye to eye with anyone who claims to be a fan but only spreads doubt and negativity.

I have absolutely no respect for any Cowboys fan who doubts this team. You either believe in the star, or you don’t. If you’re going to jump ship every time the water gets a little rough, maybe it’s time to find a new team to “support.” But for those of us who truly believe, we know what this team is capable of, and we stand by them through thick and thin.

So, if you’re one of those who’s lost confidence, maybe take a step back and rethink what it means to be a Cowboys fan. Because here, we believe in our team—no matter what.

A lot of members here have no spine whatsoever and it's why Cowboys fans have such a reputation of being considered "bandwagon" fans.

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
Hes done absolutely nothing since the salary cap was implemented. This team is living of the legacy of Landry and Tex Schramm. Those were pioneers in their time when it came to actual football. Jerry is just a marketing and sales guy. He dosent care about football, this team, or any of the fan base. He does all of this to stroke his own ego. He'd rather the cowboys do it his way, even if it means they'll crash and burn!

Flamma

Reaction score
He has 3 rings.

Could've had another in 2008 if not for a fumble by Romo on a Field Goal.

Could've had another in 2014, if not for that terrible overturned Dez catch.

He's not as bad of a GM as he's made out to be.

He's put together a lot of good teams over the years.

Try coming up with something original.
It was the 2006 Cowboys where Romo fumbled the snap. Even if he didn't, there was still about 1:20 left in the game. The closest we came to getting to another SB was 2007.

Jerry is not the same GM he used to be years ago. He was a very active GM back in the day. What he does now is akin to being neutered. He's a no risk GM. But what usually comes with no risk is no great gain.

I used to put 20 dollars on the favorite to show in harness racing. That's low risk. 80% of the time I'd come out ahead. When I lost, it wasn't much. But You can't win big playing it that way.

John813

Reaction score
Respectful: Maintain a respectful tone towards other fans, players, and staff, even when expressing differing opinions.
Knowledgeable: Contribute valuable insights and information about the team, its history, players, and strategies, demonstrating a deep understanding of the sport and the franchise.
Supportive: Show unwavering support for the team, its players, and the coaching staff, even during challenging times or after losses.
Engaging: Initiate and participate in discussions that stimulate meaningful dialogue among fellow fans, fostering a sense of community and camaraderie.
Constructive: Offer constructive criticism when necessary, focusing on areas for improvement rather than solely dwelling on shortcomings or failures.
Authentic: Share genuine perspectives and opinions, avoiding trolling or posting inflammatory content solely to provoke reactions from others.
Up-to-date: Stay informed about the latest news, updates, and developments related to the Dallas Cowboys, ensuring their contributions remain relevant and timely.

Op please read these rules to become a better poster. Your negativity towards others is in violation of rule 1

RoboQB

Reaction score
Wow. Such a Pollyanna thread topic.
Pathetic.
Wasn't this thread closed... twice?
If you're under 40 years of age, sit down and shut up,
unless you have the ability to think critically.
This is a message board designed to discuss an
NFL football team. We aren't in little league, Johnny.

JonesBoys

Reaction score

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
You are leaving out some important details. It’s not just about getting back to the Super Bowl in 28 years it’s not even getting to an NFC championship game. It’s 4 playoff wins in 28 years. It’s sticking with Garret for almost a decade ect..
Forget Super Bowl I just want an NFC championship appearance! My bar is low and it’s been 28 years and that low bar can’t even be hit so yes I should be loaded with confidence though.

Brax

Reaction score
There’s not one person here who’s happy with mediocre performances in big games. Now there are fans who have admitted hoping the Cowboys lose to try and get rid of a certain player. There’s fans here who have hoped they have a terrible season this year. Those are the kind of fans you should have no respect for. I surely don’t.
The OP is very happy and thinks everyone should be too, not many hope they lose but many expect it based on 28 years of history, a small sample according to the OP, as for wanting players gone I guess you must be a new fan because it’s been going on since day 1

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Respectful: Maintain a respectful tone towards other fans, players, and staff, even when expressing differing opinions.
Knowledgeable: Contribute valuable insights and information about the team, its history, players, and strategies, demonstrating a deep understanding of the sport and the franchise.
Supportive: Show unwavering support for the team, its players, and the coaching staff, even during challenging times or after losses.
Engaging: Initiate and participate in discussions that stimulate meaningful dialogue among fellow fans, fostering a sense of community and camaraderie.
Constructive: Offer constructive criticism when necessary, focusing on areas for improvement rather than solely dwelling on shortcomings or failures.
Authentic: Share genuine perspectives and opinions, avoiding trolling or posting inflammatory content solely to provoke reactions from others.
Up-to-date: Stay informed about the latest news, updates, and developments related to the Dallas Cowboys, ensuring their contributions remain relevant and timely.

Op please read these rules to become a better poster. Your negativity towards others is in violation of rule 1
Denial is the first indication.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The OP is very happy and thinks everyone should be too, not many hope they lose but many expect it based on 28 years of history, a small sample according to the OP, as for wanting players gone I guess you must be a new fan because it’s been going on since day 1
Half this board wants the Cowboys to lose. After a win, this place is dead. Many members here have stated they want the team to fail. Many.

StarLord

Reaction score
I've said this in a different thread, and I'll say here as well. We're all Cowboys fans coming to a forum, probably many times a day. Like 10 or more times a day for me, for instance.

Aww shucks, we're not snorting copium. What's wrong with, you're still my team, but prove it?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
Jerry thanks you for your blind support. Or maybe you're family???

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I’ve got to be honest with you all—I'm not disappointed in this fanbase; I'm downright appalled. The lack of confidence I see here is staggering just because we havent gotten to the big dance in 28 years. the way that

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
Sometimes i dont know what to think about people.

I was sozialized that "having a spine" means "having character". That means to have the inner strength to stand up even against the opinion of a lot of people who all think differently. That if you have the feeling something is wrong.

But to do that you also have to be able to first figure out that something is wrong at all. Then you need to be able to figure out what is wrong and who or what is the reason for it.
That means you have to be intelligent or at least be able to use your brain.

Isnt that the reason we love heros so much ? The lonesome fighter for right and justice against the bad guys.
Or the guy who is even willing to sacrifice himself in a peaceful way in order to achieve his goals. Ghandi, Mandela or Martin Luther King for example.

But now you explain to us that this is no more the case. And everyone of us who is following this path is not a fan anymore. We should feel ashamed that we use our brain. We should change. Switch off our brain. Follow, cheer and applaude but do not question.

Seriously, i dont know what to think about this: shaking my head doesnt feel right. Because such an opinion drives fear into me. I hope not everybody thinks like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.