Calling out this "fanbase"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sometimes i dont know what to think about people.

I was sozialized that "having a spine" means "having character". That means to have the inner strength to stand up even against the opinion of a lot of people who all think differently. That if you have the feeling something is wrong.

But to do that you also have to be able to first figure out that something is wrong at all. Then you need to be able to figure out what is wrong and who or what is the reason for it.
That means you have to be intelligent or at least be able to use your brain.

Isnt that the reason we love heros so much ? The lonesome fighter for right and justice against the bad guys.
Or the guy who is even willing to sacrifice himself in a peaceful way in order to achieve his goals. Ghandi, Mandela or Martin Luther King for example.

But now you explain to us that this is no more the case. And everyone of us who is following this path is not a fan anymore. We should feel ashamed that we use our brain. We should change. Switch off our brain. Follow, cheer and applaude but do not question.

Seriously, i dont know what to think about this: shaking my head doesnt feel right. Because such an opinion drives fear into me. I hope not everybody thinks like this.
Travel and read a lot of books and that will educate you some. Broaden your experiences.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Then it was cut and pasted by the op to restart in a new thread. Pretty certain I saw this crap earlier and DallasEast shut it down, opened it back up and then shut it down again. I did that once and Realz gave me a vacation.

Edit: Yes, this op was moved to "Overtime zone" and shut down. Called "this fanbase has no spine". @big dog cowboy

Last edited:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Look at this forum? It’s overrun with people who do nothing but whine about the team or the players. That’s why.
I don't think its really overrun, its just a loud minority that gets the other side triggered....and most of those people live in the Dak threads. I think most, even those who are a bit more on the negative side of things are more so trying to be objective than negative. It probably is amplified a little bit this season given contract situations with both key players and the coaching staff, but overall I go through page 1 on this forum and there is a really good split of positive and negative threads.

The issue is our front office hasn't made a clear path for fans to go down so many are hesitant on what to root for, especially in the QB department. Anti Dakers are putting everything on him in hopes Jerry will move on. Pro Dakers are overly critical of Trey Lance in hopes Jerry wont move on from Dak. Both of these sides come together and make any QB posts overly emotional and they get out of hand, every single time. Outside of the QB threads I'm just not sure its that bad. I see a ton of optimism around the Olines potential. I see a lot of optimism around the defense with a new scheme. The negatives tend to be around not addressing the RB position, concerns about receivers if the Lamb holdout isnt over soon, etc. All this I think is fair on both sides of things.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't think its really overrun, its just a loud minority that gets the other side triggered....and most of those people live in the Dak threads. I think most, even those who are a bit more on the negative side of things are more so trying to be objective than negative. It probably is amplified a little bit this season given contract situations with both key players and the coaching staff, but overall I go through page 1 on this forum and there is a really good split of positive and negative threads.

The issue is our front office hasn't made a clear path for fans to go down so many are hesitant on what to root for, especially in the QB department. Anti Dakers are putting everything on him in hopes Jerry will move on. Pro Dakers are overly critical of Trey Lance in hopes Jerry wont move on from Dak. Both of these sides come together and make any QB posts overly emotional and they get out of hand, every single time. Outside of the QB threads I'm just not sure its that bad. I see a ton of optimism around the Olines potential. I see a lot of optimism around the defense with a new scheme. The negatives tend to be around not addressing the RB position, concerns about receivers if the Lamb holdout isnt over soon, etc. All this I think is fair on both sides of things.
It’s overrun for sure. Just read this thread.

CCBoy

Reaction score
What do you call grandpa when he's in a bad mood at the beach?

A sand crab waiting on the game.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Why do we care so much what everyone else thinks? If you think this team is Super Bowl bound good for you, enjoy the ride.

Personally I just love talking football. Don’t care if it’s with people who are optimistic or pessimistic as long as their reasonable.
Welp, that discounts at least 1/3rd of this board. ;) thank god we have the other 2/3rds

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Seems it did not work for you. Or why dont you support your point of view with arguments but only by defamation.

Spare us your answer: we all know what to expect from you.
The haters are triggered because they know they bring nothing here but negativity and if someone calls you out on it then you attack them. How special you are.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Look at this forum? It’s overrun with people who do nothing but whine about the team or the players. That’s why.
So what? Dont read their threads then. As long as they are not breaking any of the site rules, they can post whatever the hell they want to.

If somebody does not like it, they are free to leave..............aint nobody being forced to be here you know.

Silverstar

Reaction score
I’ve got to be honest with you all—I'm not disappointed in this fanbase; I'm downright appalled. The lack of confidence I see here is staggering just because we havent gotten to the big dance in 28 years.

We'll guess what- 28 years is.a very small sample size in the grand scheme of things. This franchise has 5 rings, which not top many other fanbases can say.

How can so many of you, who call yourselves Cowboys fans, be filled with doubt and negativity about this team?

I understand that every season has its ups and downs, but the way some of you talk, you'd think we’re doomed before the season even starts. Where’s the faith? Where’s the loyalty? I can’t, for the life of me, see eye to eye with anyone who claims to be a fan but only spreads doubt and negativity.

Did we know that back in 1994 thus franchise was about to go on a dynasty run?

I have absolutely no respect for any Cowboys fan who doubts this team. You either believe in the star, or you don’t. If you’re going to jump ship every time the water gets a little rough, maybe it’s time to find a new team to “support.” But for those of us who truly believe, we know what this team is capable of, and we stand by them through thick and thin.

So, if you’re one of those who’s lost confidence, maybe take a step back and rethink what it means to be a Cowboys fan. Because here, we believe in our team—no matter what.

A lot of members here have no spine whatsoever and it's why Cowboys fans have such a reputation of being considered "bandwagon" fans.

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
annoyed.gif

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Half this board wants the Cowboys to lose. After a win, this place is dead. Many members here have stated they want the team to fail. Many.
So what?

Its called "free speech", we dont live in China bro.

And if you hate this place so bad, why the hell are you still here?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So what? Dont read their threads then. As long as they are not breaking any of the site rules, they can post whatever the hell they want to.

If somebody does not like it, they are free to leave..............aint nobody being forced to be here you know.
I don’t remember asking you.

Status
Not open for further replies.