Calling Richard Sherman

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Exactly right. He is hard to handle. Now if Brown follows this game up with another garbage game next week then I will think different.

The coaches need to adjust the game plan and who is being left alone with no help. Brady did exactly what he should for the most part, attack the single coverage.

fansince68

Reaction score
Yup, and he should have played last night. Brown couldn't handle AB.
Agreed. Canady had a great camp probably the best on the team and for that he gets one snap? Brown has a target on his back that is too easy to hit. I couldn't believe we gave him a 2nd contract.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yes, he’s old and had a bad offseason, but this team needs a real second CB who knows DQ’s system and who has size and the dawg in him to challenge opposing WRs and make plays on the ball. Plus, he’d be a great mentor to Wright and Joseph.

You say Sherman is OLD and has had a BAD offseason and yet you still want that OLD player who only played in 9 games last season and hasn't played an entire season since 2016. Oh and other teams that need secondary help also aren't jumping on signing him. There's a reason he's still unsigned and that is because he's not the Sherman you think he was once.

rambo2

Reaction score
Stop nut rolling, the bucs corners looked like hell and they won because the outlasted us, and did what they had to do... We can't have all pro's and every level, the entire team has to play for blood and big mike needs to go for it when you know brady will score with a minute 30 left.
They won because they got away with a push off.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The coaches need to adjust the game plan and who is being left alone with no help. Brady did exactly what he should for the most part, attack the single coverage.
Yep and the single was either ab or gronk. lol.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Yes, he’s old and had a bad offseason, but this team needs a real second CB who knows DQ’s system and who has size and the dawg in him to challenge opposing WRs and make plays on the ball. Plus, he’d be a great mentor to Wright and Joseph.
The greatest thing would be what he does fit younger player. As I said before, ty law groomed revis and revis surpassed him. All of our corners are faster than Sherman. He was smart with ball skills abd the refs let him hold. All “ elite “ corners get away with holding. The first I four guys that master it will become a star.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Richard Sherman?

Same answer as all the other times his name has been brought up. NO.

zerofill

Reaction score
Sherman would've got burnt too he's not what he once was.

To be fair to Sherman, he never had incredible speed. He relied on technique, and analyzing a lot of film on the receivers
he would be up against.

But, I doubt Sherman is the answer to this problem. Brown definitely not the answer.

But, we also can't ignore that Antonio Brown is a great receiver, who is probably on the Brady diet now, because he sure didn't look like most 33yr old WRs.

CowboyG

Reaction score
A decent Pass rush would’ve helped a little. On that bomb to AB Brady had time to re tie his shoes and adjust chin strap before throwing .

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Sherman's probably, at some point this season, going to go back to the 49ers (Verrett just tore his ACL and is out for the season) or Seahawks (they're not deep nor spectacular at CB right now).... he's not coming here.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

This place just loves searching for warm bodies in graveyards.

Let's call Earl Thomas, too! :muttley:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

Thankfully, the 49ers have him on speed dial and might give him a call since one of their CBs got injured. Don't know why anyone would want someone so unstable as him anywhere near their team. Guy is plain crazy in a very violent bad way with substance abuse issues.

I can understand wanting to win but I don't want to win so bad that I would accept someone who clearly needs mental help. Yeah, I know Charles Haley was a nut case. So was Ratliff. At some point, one just has to start saying no to the crazies no matter what talent they might have.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Sherman is facing five criminal charges and has admitted he has mental issues. Teams were staying away from him before all the criminal charges were filed against him. His NFL career is all that over.
He’s always been out spoken and a thorn in the nfls side when it comes to negations . Maybe that plays a part in it.