Twitter: Calvin Watkins: As of Sunday afternoon, Cowboys and Dak are not close to a deal

NotForLong

Reaction score
Interesting.....so did Byron Jones not have any friends? Just curious.
What?

The argument is this.

Should the Cowboys dump Dak Now, just cut him loose after Franchising him.

Yes they should because that money can be used wisely. But no they cant because of locker room morale and national media

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
[QUOTE="gjkoeppen, post: 10287468, member: 39929"]Again you're shaping your logic to fit your desire to see Prescott gone. You don't want to admit that even if Prescott plays this season on the tag that it's not a automatic forgone conclusion that he will be gone or replaced at anytime by Dalton.
In post #17 of this thread Catch 17 said
If it doesn’t then we will see him play the next 2 seasons on the tag."

I quoted him in post #5 and responded with

"I agree with you and next seasons draft they will draft his replacement and ease him into the lineup"

You jumped into the conversation in post # 78 and said

"So tell me if the Cowboys end up with a 12-4 or 11-5 record and get into the playoffs which means they will draft toward the end of the round, just who will this QB be? And then In 2021 Prescott and the Cowboys start off 4-1 or 5-1 just when would this golden replacement start? I mean if you can speculate one way shouldn't others be able to speculate another way?"

I responed in post # 98 with

"Well obviously by my post i don't expect to finish 12-4 or 11-5 and yes you are free to speculate in any way you like"

So your implication is your speculation is right and mine was wrong.

And in post #99 i responded to your post #79 where you said

"So teams that think they have a star player don't apply the tag 2 years in a row.? Gee I remember Lawrence getting tagged in 2018 and playing on that tag and then got tagged again for 2019 but just days later sign his long term contract. Tell me when did Jerry and Stephen tell you that they really don't want Prescott? Those that don't like Prescott will use any rationale that gets Prescott out of Dallas even if there is nothing said by anyone in the Cowboys organization to support that rationale. Before you jump back with me being some big Prescott fan, I'm not but I also don't think he's anywhere close to being as bad as those that want to get rid of Prescott do."

With

"I did preface my quote by saying teams that think they have a franchise QB. Did i not?"

But you failed to point out that my post #79 was in response to your post #2 and that I was using an example of Lawrence who the Cowboys thought was one of the top 2 DE's in the league which may be a slight step below a franchise QB but still proves the point that you're not the ultimate GM you think you are..

Your post #2

"It was never going to happen. Teams who believe they have a franchise QB find a way to get this thing done. If the Cowboys don't get this done then at this point they are telling you they are not completely sold on Dak. I guess they have 3 days left"

You want to try and rewrite some more history? It's all there to read[/QUOTE]

Next time if you want to put things out there PUT EVERYTHING.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What?

The argument is this.

Should the Cowboys dump Dak Now, just cut him loose after Franchising him.

Yes they should because that money can be used wisely. But no they cant because of locker room morale and national media
And I'm asking you a question. Did they care about the locker room morale when they got rid of Byron Jones? Yes or no?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
All these sources wouldn't be making statements if they didn't want to put pressure on the other side to pick up the phone and reach out.

the only sources that matter are stephen, jerry and todd france.

Plankton

Reaction score

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
In post #17 of this thread Catch 17 said
If it doesn’t then we will see him play the next 2 seasons on the tag."

I quoted him in post #5 and responded with

"I agree with you and next seasons draft they will draft his replacement and ease him into the lineup"

You jumped into the conversation in post # 78 and said

"So tell me if the Cowboys end up with a 12-4 or 11-5 record and get into the playoffs which means they will draft toward the end of the round, just who will this QB be? And then In 2021 Prescott and the Cowboys start off 4-1 or 5-1 just when would this golden replacement start? I mean if you can speculate one way shouldn't others be able to speculate another way?"

I responed in post # 98 with

"Well obviously by my post i don't expect to finish 12-4 or 11-5 and yes you are free to speculate in any way you like"

"So teams that think they have a star player don't apply the tag 2 years in a row.? Gee I remember Lawrence getting tagged in 2018 and playing on that tag and then got tagged again for 2019 but just days later sign his long term contract. Tell me when did Jerry and Stephen tell you that they really don't want Prescott? Those that don't like Prescott will use any rationale that gets Prescott out of Dallas even if there is nothing said by anyone in the Cowboys organization to support that rationale. Before you jump back with me being some big Prescott fan, I'm not but I also don't think he's anywhere close to being as bad as those that want to get rid of Prescott do."

With

"I did preface my quote by saying teams that think they have a franchise QB. Did i not?"

But you failed to point out that my post #79 was in response to your post #2 and that I was using an example of Lawrence who the Cowboys thought was one of the top 2 DE's in the league which may be a slight step below a franchise QB but still proves the point that you're not the ultimate GM you think you are..

Your post #2

"It was never going to happen. Teams who believe they have a franchise QB find a way to get this thing done. If the Cowboys don't get this done then at this point they are telling you they are not completely sold on Dak. I guess they have 3 days left"

You want to try and rewrite some more history? It's all there to read

[/QUOTE]

LOL what didn't i put out there, and that's your reply in post 182 that you seem to be trying to pass off as mine.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

LOL what didn't i put out there, and that's your reply in post 182 that you seem to be trying to pass off as mine.[/QUOTE]

Maybe next time read the entire comment. I'll save you some time and do some quotes

With

Your post #2

Like I said if you want to play this game of listing post USE ALL OF THEM.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
LOL what didn't i put out there, and that's your reply in post 182 that you seem to be trying to pass off as mine.

You really are an idiot in my post about tagging twice i specifically was refferring to QB's not other positions something that was pointed out to you when you orginally replied. Are you really that stupid or do you have to work at it?

This is the post you are refferring to Post # 2

You replied with this in post 79

So tell me what part of QB is Alien to your comprehension of football. I couldn't care less about l Lawrence i was talking about QB's

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

You really are an idiot in my post about tagging twice i specifically was refferring to QB's not other positions something that was pointed out to you when you orginally replied. Are you really that stupid or do you have to work at it?

I see only you can give examples and any example someone else makes isn't allowed. I forgot that you are the ultimate example decider and heaven forbid someone else wants to use a different example to prove a point. Ah roll it up in a little silver ball and shove it where the moon don't shine. You're not the ultimate king of knowledge you think you are.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I see only you can give examples and any example someone else makes isn't allowed. I forgot that you are the ultimate example decider and heaven forbid someone else wants to use a different example to prove a point. Ah roll it up in a little silver ball and shove it where the moon don't shine. You're not the ultimate king of knowledge you think you are.

Not my fault you have a reading problem and like to make points that have absolutely nothing to do with the post you quote, then when that is pointed out to you (nicely by the way at first) you still continue. Your example had nothing to do with the topic of QB's. We were talking about franchise QB's getting tagged twice and you think saying that Demarcus Lawrence got tagged twice is relevent to the conversation, it was not he is not a QB and was not relevant to the discussion i was having. You have a problem reading or understanding what you are reading, you should work on that. If you did you might not get into so many ridiculous arguments with others around here