Twitter: Calvin Watkins: Cowboys Have Interest In A Quarterback

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Lmao at the crowd that still thinks Kizer is a good prospect

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lmao at the crowd that still thinks Kizer is a good prospect
I think most are talking replacing RUSH and having a similar qb as a backup to clone your starter , not as good as Dak but similar player and better then rush is what we are looking for..Rush is ok but we need bit better player if dak went down..

ghst187

Reaction score
I thought Cooper was fine honestly.
If we, or anyone else expect to have a quality starter as backup, we’ll it isn’t going to happen as there is already a shortage of quality starters out there.
Lynch isn’t going to win you any more games than Cooper and if your starter is down for more than a game or two your season is already hosed. Decent coach should be able to manage a game or so with a backup. More than that and any teams season is lost anyway.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Most backup rotate around the league until they retire. That's not failure, the fact they continue to get multiple chances tells you there is upside to them being career backups. That's what we are searching for.

When you get cut in favor of Geno Smith and Tim Boyle that's failure.

That Kizer and Lynch get multiple chances is more about their age and draft status than anything they've done in the NFL.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
When you get cut in favor of Geno Smith and Tim Boyle that's failure.

That Kizer and Lynch get multiple chances is more about their age and draft status than anything they've done in the NFL.

And Geno Smith was also a first round pick and has been sticking around in the league for a while. Is he a failure as a backup?

Lol this is how the backup QB spot has always been.

Rockdoc

Reaction score
i think Rush is fine for a 3-4 games streak
there is always a few QBs you can bring in late in the year if you want experience

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I believe he had a work ethic problem. He wasn’t all in.

He looked solid for Seattle this pre-season and I think I’d gamble on him just naturally maturing and working harder as he ages.

Take a risk.. I think it’s worth it. He’d be much better then Rush and he is mobile so we wouldn’t lose that aspect if Dak goes down.

I am right there with you, Catch. I would take a flyer on this guy.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Consider the source:

This move is not about Rush they might just be looking for a 3rd stringer or things might change if Zeke signs a massive deal the next few days.....

Another wonderful day in the world of Jerry GM football 101....

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Consider the source:

Tell me doctor, where are we going this time
Is this the 16 or 20 one nine
All that I wanted to do was play my guitar and sing
so take me away, I don't mind, but you better promise me I'll be back in time.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But can’t they add them to PS after a few weeks?

Or do I have that wrong?
On the day of roster cut-downs by 4pm, teams have until 12 noon the next day to claim a player who was waived. Starting at 1pm the same day, teams can select players for their Practice Squads.