Twitter: Calvin Watkins: McCarthy is playing mind games, Dak is playing

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It won't shock me however this thing with Dak ends up. If it's truly a "game-time decision," anything can happen. Don't miss it! :flagwave:
I think they'll ask Dak how he feels and he'll say, "I feel great." They'll watch him run, give him a quick nod and say "Go, Dak!" :grin:

Last edited:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
There is zero benefit to letting our opponents know.
There is a ton of benefit to them being uncertain.

I think there is marginal benefit, at best. If Cooper Rush starts, it won't take a defensive mastermind to audible on the fly to counter his presence. You prepare for the better player, and if he doesn't show you're no worse off. Vikings prepare for Dak and whether or not he plays, they're a hell of a better off than if they took Rush as a serious threat.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Remember Calvin Watkins said McCarthy is playing mind games when it's decided if Dak is playing. Either Calvin Watkins is sturring up unfounded rumors or McCarthy is playing mind games.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
There is a ton of benefit to them being uncertain.

Not really. You just prepare as if Dak we're going to start and if he doesn't, you simply just sell out to stop the run and let Rush try and beat you. Not a very difficult transition.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He should intentionally come out limping in warm-ups. Because all eyes will be on him and that's when you fool them.

The problem there is that the warmups will determine whether or not he'll be given the green light to play or sit it out the game. :eek:

Last edited:

plymkr

Reaction score
In the first half.
Eww, I don't know about that. They have Xavier Woods and if he's anything like he was with us that 300 yards and 3 touchdowns will be in the first quarter.

Schultz and Jarwin better get their bibs on cuz it's feeding time.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Not really. You just prepare as if Dak we're going to start and if he doesn't, you simply just sell out to stop the run and let Rush try and beat you. Not a very difficult transition.

That is two different game plans. If they are rewriting on gameday because they focused on Dak with Rush starting that would be huge. On the fly changes are wrought with mistakes.

I would expect they will be prepared for both given the bye.

They are not sure what team they are going to face. We do.

Mannix

Reaction score
Whether it be a Doc in a box or the Mayo Clinic, I think you are going to get the same medical advice….we need to win, so rub some dirt on it.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Was there any doubt Dak wasn’t playing? Like I said earlier in the week, mind games by the Cowboys that never fooled Minnesota. He was always going to play as that injury was minor.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

He is playing unless something happens in the warmups. Listen Baker Mayfield is about to go up against the best pass rush in football and rival Steelers with a jacked up left shoulder. I think I would rather have a calf strain then a dislocated shoulder.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
IMO… there is zero incentive to announce who is starting early.

1. Keep Minny guessing
2. Watch the NFCE scoreboard, and if our rivals all lose— then we can rest Dak if we want

No because they need the #1 seed in the NFC, division is a foregone conclusion. Dak will play no question about it.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
And?

He is listed as questionable. By definition, that means he's 50-50 to play. That's all I'm saying.

You are going to have to do better than that.

Questionable means actually that nearly ever player will play. :D