Adult Language Cam Newton compares Dak against 2024's other top 10 QBs

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The same stat line at Mahomes is not the goal.

Anything Cam said after the opening line is completely lost on me.

There is no comparison between those two quarterbacks.
Ok, so what did Cam Newton say after the opening line? I want to see if you watched the whole video, BDC.

plymkr

Reaction score
Ok, so what did Cam Newton say after the opening line? I want to see if you watched the whole video, BDC.
I pretty much agree with what Cam said. After his opening line he said something to the effect of “it must be the big game”. I agree. Every QB Cam compared Dak to and how he would take Dak over them I agree with. Dak is better Hurts (not by a lot but better and a better team mate), Herbert, Lawrence, Cousins (this one is close, they’re pretty similar). What I would argue is none of the top ten best paid QBs should be making more than Mahomes. Maybe Burrow and Allen because they do have more playoff success and probably would have made the Super Bowl if not for Mahomes.

I got no beef with Dak as far as the regular season goes. It’s the playoffs that’s a concern. I’ve said it a lot and I’ll keep saying it. If Dak would sign for 35 million I would extend him right now. Then we can build a better team to support him.

This feeling also applies to Micah and CD. This core group of players collectively suck in the playoffs and I’m concerned about giving them all market setting deals or “market value” because they all suck when it matters most. JMO

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I pretty much agree with what Cam said. After his opening line he said something to the effect of “it must be the big game”. I agree. Every QB Cam compared Dak to and how he would take Dak over them I agree with. Dak is better Hurts (not by a lot but better and a better team mate), Herbert, Lawrence, Cousins (this one is close, they’re pretty similar). What I would argue is none of the top ten best paid QBs should be making more than Mahomes. Maybe Burrow and Allen because they do have more playoff success and probably would have made the Super Bowl if not for Mahomes.

I got no beef with Dak as far as the regular season goes. It’s the playoffs that’s a concern. I’ve said it a lot and I’ll keep saying it. If Dak would sign for 35 million I would extend him right now. Then we can build a better team to support him.

This feeling also applies to Micah and CD. This core group of players collectively suck in the playoffs and I’m concerned about giving them all market setting deals or “market value” because they all suck when it matters most. JMO
100% agree! :hammer:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
hat I would argue is none of the top ten best paid QBs should be making more than Mahomes. Maybe Burrow and Allen because they do have more playoff success and probably would have made the Super Bowl if not for Mahomes.
This is on Mahomes's agent, not the other QBs' fault. His contract is one of the worst structured contracts I have seen in a long time. $450M but only $63M of fully guaranteed money. I'm surprised the contract doesn't have a clause that would guarantee him top 2 or 3 salary. Anyway, all his guaranteed money will be fully paid after the 2025 season. So he is probably getting a new restructured deal sometime next season. We are not, hearing any whispers yet, but his extension could top $65M.

Sidenote.......as strange as it may sound. If I were the Chiefs I would approach him about a trade. The dude has already won me 3 Super Bowls and he's still young. Imagine his trade value ........ four 1st round picks ( at least ) and probably a couple of starters. I know it's crazy talk but this would give the Chiefs a chance to reset the team around a rookie QB.

https://overthecap.com/player/patrick-mahomes/5594

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Decontextualized stats don’t tell the entire story. For example, how good were the team defenses that Dak played on compared to the other QBs? In other words, what was the quality of competition faced, both defensively and offensively? The Cowboys have benefited from a poor divisions for years, especially in the case of the Commanders and Giants. Unfortunately, the team rarely plays its divisional teams in the playoffs, but other competitive teams that it doesn’t face twice a year, and Dak’s stats have been mediocre there.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Cam adding to the reel further cementing his status as someone to never consider for a GM position.

In terms of the Herbert’s and the like - of course they’ll be rated higher. First, JH is a good QB. Second, he can make throws that Dak can’t make even in Rockport’s dreams. For every athletically gifted QB with a rocket arm, there’s 32 arrogant teams that believe they are the ones who can harness that talent and get unmatched results.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Decontextualized stats don’t tell the entire story. For example, how good were the team defenses that Dak played on compared to the other QBs? In other words, what was the quality of competition faced, both defensively and offensively? The Cowboys have benefited from a poor divisions for years, especially in the case of the Commanders and Giants. Unfortunately, the team rarely plays its divisional teams in the playoffs, but other competitive teams that it doesn’t face twice a year, and Dak’s stats have been mediocre there.
How good were the defenses all the other QBs played against?

Funny how Dak detractors never mention that? Cowboys fans? Yeah, right...