Adult Language Cam Newton compares Dak against 2024's other top 10 QBs

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I will give AC credit for one thing - however misguided his beliefs might be, he always sticks to his guns. Dak could throw 5 pick 6's in a single half and he would blame the Dallas defense for not doing their part if they gave up just a single FG in the same 2 quarter span..
I don’t give credit to anyone for irrational stubbornness.

One ironic thing with respect to him claiming me as a “Dak hater”, at least with respect to the Kurt Warner video he keeps posting, is that I said the first interception was only partially Dak’s fault since he threw it a bit too far out in front of him and because I thought Cooks was interfered with by the defender (who grabbed his shoulder pad as he made his turn) which is why the defender was able to get to the ball first.

gtb1943

Reaction score

One ironic thing with respect to him claiming me as a “Dak hater”, at least with respect to the Kurt Warner video he keeps posting, is that I said the first interception was only partially Dak’s fault since he threw it a bit too far out in front of him and because I thought Cooks was interfered with by the defender (who grabbed his shoulder pad as he made his turn) which is why the defender was able to get to the ball first.
Trying to squeeze it in is pretty much always a bad idea and should not be done unless you are in a desperate game situation. But yeah there WAS interference there.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

I've certainly had my disagreements with him, mostly bitter and sometimes hateful on his part, so don't take what I said as a show of respect. Conversations with him almost always end with a flurry of insults. I'm just pointing out that he never wavers in his ridiculous beliefs. And yes, irrational is a good word to use. It's very fitting.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

I can tell you never played football. I bet most of you Dak haters never played football.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I've certainly had my disagreements with him, mostly bitter and sometimes hateful on his part, so don't take what I said as a show of respect. Conversations with him almost always end with a flurry of insults. I'm just pointing out that he never wavers in his ridiculous beliefs. And yes, irrational is a good word to use. It's very fitting.
Hateful on my part? Lol. This coming from those who criticize and attack first. Then don't like the rebuttal stacked with factual information.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I can tell you never played football. I bet most of you Dak haters never played football.
No, I never played more than at the high school level.

Who cares? How is that relevant. Many coaches never played football. You don’t need to be physically talented at the collegiate or professional level to understand it with your mind.

CWR

Reaction score
Listen, I'm a Cam Newton fan but it's hard to take a grown man seriously wearing Elmo on his shirt........... :lmao:
I can't with him. The moment he chose not to dive on the superbowl fumble he was done. He's no one to talk.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Here it comes everyone else’s fault, as Dak said “I stunk”, “I’ve got to read it better” “I’m the problem too” so Dak say himself he stunk so much for old KW, Dak said he has to read it better so much for KW, “I’m stunned “

@America's Cowboy thinks Dak is a Hater

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No, I never played more than at the high school level.

Who cares? How is that relevant. Many coaches never played football. You don’t need to be physically talented at the collegiate or professional level to understand it with your mind.
:facepalm: No wonder you don't understand it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You still live in South Texas?

Be safe man ....... that goes foe all my other Cowboys brothers in the path of Beryl
Thanks, brother!

Beryl was headed straight towards Coach @Ranching and I, but now it has suddenly turned more upward towards Rockport, past Corpus Christi. There are a few posters here who live around Corpus and that area. Prayers to them.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First, Cam Newton makes the argument that economics dictates why quarterbacks are getting paid. Then he defeats his own argument with his opinion of how good Prescott is in comparison other quarterbacks on his list.

Economic value is not based on merit pay. That is a financial argument and closer to a market value judgment. Economic value takes into account what a buyer (e.g. owner) deems the benefit of the good (e.g. player) for his or her franchise.

A financial argument assigns how many accomplishments (especially postseason) and statistic data equal a player's level of compensation. There is nothing wrong with the argument except owners in every sport do not agree to player contracts based on that principal. It is why there is no rhyme or reason for x-player getting paid for x-amount in comparison to what y-player got paid. It is also why such discussions will never end in an equally mutually understood compromise.

Owners do not sign or draft players solely for wins, losses and chances to win championships. They acquire players to increase and sustain interest. To put butts in seats. To buy merchandise. To secure sponsorships. Etc., etc. And the economic value applied to quarterbacks is almost always highest for quarterbacks.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak fans are really getting desperate if they are needing to resort to Cam Newton to defend Dak.
There’s been a lot of people respected in football who have defended him. It doesn’t take a Dak fan to see that he’s one of the better QB’s in the league. It’s beyond obvious to anyone who knows football and isn’t blinded by Dak hate. You’re living in a complete fantasy world if you think it’s going to be easy to replace him with someone who will do better. We’ll see how many other QBs are able to overcome the garbage defense’s we’ve had in the playoffs and the lack of a consistent running game and all the penalties we have that have us leading the league.