Adult Language Cam Newton compares Dak against 2024's other top 10 QBs

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah. Theyll say anything to make Dak look bad, ignoring every piece of relevant factual info. Has Dak ever been the recipient of bad opposing QB play in the playoffs?

Maybe once....Brady. and we can even argue that. Burrow routinely gets bad opposing QB play.

Even Garoppolo was getting first downs on our defense and getting the ball out to Deebo on short screens and quick outs right before pressure arrives.

Brock Purdy was just good enough...after Diggs dropped the only Interception we needed - we didn't force him to any more mistakes. Just one could've won us the game.

Jordan Love and Aaron Rodgers dominated us. And Jared Goff had the game handed to him with his running game he needed to do very little.

Cowboys defense is always bad in the playoffs. And even in games they were good, lots of NFC Quarterbacks are falling short to the class of the current NFC the 49ers. Their roster is just hard to match position by position. They're pretty much the Mahomes of the NFC.
The problem as I see it, you and a handful of others don't want any criticism of Dak.

Hear me out.

Unless EVERYTHING else is scorched FIRST.

Even in dak thread, people get mad some criticze Dak.

There might be a few people that blame just Dak in their comment, but a) it's just one comment, b) they probably do have some otehr complaints but it isn;t what they are talking about at the moment.

I personally see so very few comments that adamantly and consistently blame just Dak for our 30 Year Woes.

Must be just me, apparently.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
His defense forced 5 interceptions in 2 games - in both the divisional vs Tennessee and championship game vs KC.

We'd get by both the Niners and Packers consecutively if our defense forced 2.5 interceptions per game.
You mean like the opposing defense forced Dak into turnovers in playoff games?

Somehow I don’t think the team would get by since it’s TO differential that usually matters.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joe Burrow won more playoff games than 15 years of Romo and Dak in one post season. And that was with a GM worse than Jerry and a team with a bigger loser culture than Dallas.

Let that sink in for a bit.
In the Cincinnati Bengals' case, Owner/President/General Manager Mike Brown--a.k.a. Jerry Jones Lite--is not acknowledged as the team's actual GM. That would be Director of Player Personnel Duke Tobin. Tobin drafted Joe Burrow.

Brown has also done the narcissistic nonsense like Jones, like interviews, etc., but clearly deferred football operations management to Tobin years ago. Bengals fans and media alike recognize Tobin as the defacto GM. Anyone reviewng the team's official site's press conference page:

https://www.bengals.com/video/pressconferences

--will see more of Tobin than Brown. Of course, anyone will see a LOT more of head coach Zac Taylor than Tobin, which is a far normally projected roster football leadership hierarchy. Even googling 'Cincinnati Bengals GM' will present the searcher with Tobin instead of Brown.

Perhaps Brown purposely or unintentionally pulled back from micromanaging when he hit his 80's. Brown will be 89 next month. Whatever was the cause, it has benefitted the Bengals in both tangible and intangible ways.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
You mean like the opposing defense forced Dak into turnovers in playoff games?

Somehow I don’t think the team would get by since it’s TO differential that usually matters.
Our defense forced 2 turnovers in the last 3 playoff losses.

We could get by both the Packers and Niners consecutively if we forced 5 in 2 games was my point.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
The problem as I see it, you and a handful of others don't want any criticism of Dak.

Hear me out.

Unless EVERYTHING else is scorched FIRST.

Even in dak thread, people get mad some criticze Dak.

There might be a few people that blame just Dak in their comment, but a) it's just one comment, b) they probably do have some otehr complaints but it isn;t what they are talking about at the moment.

I personally see so very few comments that adamantly and consistently blame just Dak for our 30 Year Woes.

Must be just me, apparently.
I never named you

I'm referring to the people who just have something personal against Dak and will say anything to bring him down.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Our defense forced 2 turnovers in the last 3 playoff losses.

We could get by both the Packers and Niners consecutively if we forced 5 in 2 games was my point.
So more deflection onto the defense? The defense was fine the previous two playoff losses against the 49ers in terms of points scored. The offense was bad in both cases. The TO differentials were the same or maybe +1 to the 49ers, all interceptions. According to you guys, the Packers game was not winnable due to the defense being Swiss cheese so TOs wouldn’t have mattered.