Cam Newton signs with Patriots

Bleedsblue

Reaction score
This all looks good except for one thing. Jameis is garbage! Do you really want to be holding your breath every time he throws the ball? He's like a drunk Tony Romo.
I've never seen a drunk Tony Romo, but thanks for the image.

Bleedsblue

Reaction score
I cant believe Belli would sign that pomp, diva jk@$$ Newton.

Is he going to wear a dress to the press conference?
he signed three-time loser Josh Gordon. He signed total zero Antonio Brown. Why would you question this?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You could see this coming a mile away.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
he signed three-time loser Josh Gordon. He signed total zero Antonio Brown. Why would you question this?

He had Brady as a leader and the face of the franchise. Newton will be his lead guy. Hardly the pomp clown I would expect Belli to have leading his team. He must be desperate to prove he can win without Brady.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Huge move.

Assuming Cam can beat out Stidham, they're likely going to have to retool their entire offense.
That really is the big IF
Stidham is a pretty gifted, big armed QB. I really dont see much downside, ad New England has a stradyship

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
His mind is WAY too fragile to be a player under BB. I’m shocked by this signing. Isn’t going to win them a SB and botches them a great draft spot to start over

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
His mind is WAY too fragile to be a player under BB. I’m shocked by this signing. Isn’t going to win them a SB and botches them a great draft spot to start over

I think it's probably just to have an experienced backup for a year so that Stidham can get some game time in. Don't see that Bill has any intention of "grooming" Newton to be his starter. If Stidham can't "go" for any reason, Cam can come in and (assuming he's 100% healthy) just make a few throws, run some and with the Patriots' good defense, have a valid shot at another title...

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think it's probably just to have an experienced backup for a year so that Stidham can get some game time in. Don't see that Bill has any intention of "grooming" Newton to be his starter. If Stidham can't "go" for any reason, Cam can come in and (assuming he's 100% healthy) just make a few throws, run some and with the Patriots' good defense, have a valid shot at another title...
Plus his arm might be more alive in spot duty. If they go 16 with Newton, I dont see them finishing ahead of Buffalo or possibly even the Jets in the East