Twitter: Cam Newton to be Released

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
He won’t take a job as a backup, he’d rather sit out a year. If Dak refuses to attend off-season activities (if there indeed are offseason activities) then I might have a look. Either way, we’ve got to grab a QB in this draft.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
He won’t take a job as a backup, he’d rather sit out a year. If Dak refuses to attend off-season activities (if there indeed are offseason activities) then I might have a look. Either way, we’ve got to grab a QB in this draft.

They resigned Cooper Rush and Dak will eventually get his contract. The Cowboys won't be looking for a QB.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still see him in Washington for a year or two

It's going to be very interesting to see where some former starting quarterbacks wind up.

To my knowledge, the Chargers haven't done anything at quarterback yet, so I can see them being in play for Cam or Jameis Winston. But the music is almost stopped and there aren't enough seats left for all of these guys.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I still see him in Washington for a year or two
I'm not sure who's responsible for him taking all of those hits as quarterback but if I were him I wouldn't want anything to do with Rivera. It was under his coaching he got killed like that.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I'm not sure who's responsible for him taking all of those hits as quarterback but if I were him I wouldn't want anything to do with Rivera. It was under his coaching he got killed like that.
Goodell is to blame for that. It was a joke. And to your prior comment. He was in the Super Bowl and showed everyone that he thinks he’s more important than the team by not going for that fumble.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Goodell is to blame for that. It was a joke. And to your prior comment. He was in the Super Bowl and showed everyone that he thinks he’s more important than the team by not going for that fumble.
Doesn't matter. He got to the Super Bowl. A place many haven't gotten.

And Goodell isn't the only one to blame. Once he's out that pocket its fair game. He was being ran into the ground. Those run plays were designed run plays.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
teams that could use a starting QB:

1. Chargers
2. Pats
3. anyone else?

dwmyers

Reaction score
Chargers have Tyrod Taylor, already, a tall running QB with a strong arm. A healthy Cam is better, but is he healthy?

D-

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Its amazing they could trade Kyle Allen but not Cam. Granted, I know its about salary but man how times have changed. That guy was in the Super Bowl a few years ago.....

I think what's kicking in with Cam is his alpha persona, similar to TO/Deion types. He either starts or he'll be a distraction. Not to mention, he probably wants a multi-year deal. Other than the Chargers Dolphins or Jags, it's hard to see a starting position for him. Jags would be a good team.