Twitter: Cam Newton to be Released

montgod

Reaction score
I get it....but wow.....still is a shocker. Especially for how thirsty teams are for quarterbacks. Phillip Rivers had a few teams wanting his services......that's crazy to me.
I agree. Rivers arm is toast and that was even with him trying to summon the spirit of Street Fighter in his throws.... Allluuucannn... and it was still a dud. Guess it will be a lot of short passing in Ind and Tam now. I wonder if Cam would have been an option at either place if he was let go earlier and deemed fully healthy?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Not much left to chose (Dalton, Winston & Newton) from with teams needing a quarterback. Chargers, Bills & Pats are all in need of a starter. Belicheat is going into the season without No.12 first time in two decades, who's to say he wouldn't embrace a more contemporary option as in someone still capable of damaging opponents with both their arm and legs?

Cam's health is obviously a concern, but he'd open up all kinds of possibilities for a spread out offense. He'd benefit from NE's ever rotating stable of rb's. And he wouldn't preclude the Pats from still drafting a longer term successor or later turning to Jarrett Stidham.

Agreed. We are far from set at QB but having said this, I don't think Newton is the answer.
For a back up he'd be perfect.

Qcard

Reaction score
I still see him in Washington for a year or two
He is going to DC.

River Ron knows the Panthers and Cam were done...He knows Cam's health. My bet Newton signs with Commanders shortly

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree. Rivers arm is toast and that was even with him trying to summon the spirit of Street Fighter in his throws.... Allluuucannn... and it was still a dud. Guess it will be a lot of short passing in Ind and Tam now. I wonder if Cam would have been an option at either place if he was let go earlier and deemed fully healthy?
I can't believe Colts did that. They've been smart thus far......that's the one move that is puzzling to me. I think Would've rather had Jameis over Rivers.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's 30 years old, former MVP, former all-pro, former NFC champ. Yeah, I would take Cam over Dak any day of the week.
Have you actually watched him play the last couple of years and if so, how MUCH have you seen him play? He’s AWFUL.

montgod

Reaction score
Not much to chose from with teams needing a quarterback. Chargers, Bills & Pats are all in need of a starter. Belicheat is going into the season without No.12 first time in two decades, who's to say he wouldn't embrace a more contemporary option as in someone still capable of damaging opponents with both their arm and legs?

Cam's health is obviously a concern, but he'd open up all kinds of possibilities for a spread out offense. He'd benefit from NE's ever rotating stable of rb's. And he wouldn't preclude the Pats from still drafting a longer term successor or later turning to Jarrett Stidham.

Bills won't consider cause they feel they are set at QB with Josh Allen - accuracy issues and all.

Patriots are very intriguing if I didn't feel like Belicheat is already in the rebuilding mood. I could see him do well there if he could pick up the playbook quickly and be fully healthy.

I think CHI continues to make bonehead moves cause he would have definitely been a better option than Foles and could have had him without giving up anything. SMH.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Cam unemployed.

rs_560x415-160527105632-560-the-dab-sr-1s3631o.jpg

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

I don't know, he's not going to be cheap IMO. He's still gonna want to get paid. I don't know that he wants to be a backup but lets say he is willing, he doesn't really fit the McCarthy Scheme IMO. You gotta be able to read defenses, go through progressions and throw the ball with good mechanics IMO. None of those things are really Cam Newton.

bewp7

Reaction score
it is a weird year with quarterbacks. most years cam and even winston would have teams fighting over them for a starting job now it is hard to find places for them.

montgod

Reaction score
I can't believe Colts did that. They've been smart thus far......that's the one move that is puzzling to me. I think Would've rather had Jameis over Rivers.
Jameis is a bit of a bonehead but I'd really like to see him in a spot where he had a competent line and a decent rb and see what he does being older and hopefully more mature. He has the talent, just needs to make better decisions. I think his PTSD has a lot to do with those bad/rushed throws/INTs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Troy is a 3-time Super Bowl Champion with a 3-0 record in the game. Now I do agree he's over-rated but he was a really good player.

Psst, this would be my Cowboys QB ranking
1. Staubach
2. Romo
3. Meredith
4. Aikman
5. Prescott

Naw its nothing against Aikman. I don't even know if I'd call him overrated. He's just not one of the first guys I'd listen to in regards to playing quarterback. I'd go to Roger first.
I didn't get to see Meredith play so I can't really question his ranking but I'd put Aikman #2, #3 I'd put Romo then #4 I'd put Danny White then I'd put Romo.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The Jones aren't going to be bring in any quarterback who will pose a threat to Dak. So Cam and Winston are out.
Besides, I don't think Cam has developed his passing game anywhere close to where Dak is, and that's not saying much.
Cam thought his size would be enough to will wins simply because he was a bigger and faster quarterback. But he found out that NFL defenses are the great equalizer. I don't think he can consistently run a traditional passing game with the quarterback staying in the pocket.
As for Winston, he's too immature to lead the Cowboys.
I'd stay away from both of them simply because neither will want to be back-ups to Dak. I'm sure both think they're better.