Twitter: Cam Newton to be Released

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think what's kicking in with Cam is his alpha persona, similar to TO/Deion types. He either starts or he'll be a distraction. Not to mention, he probably wants a multi-year deal. Other than the Chargers Dolphins or Jags, it's hard to see a starting position for him. Jags would be a good team.
I get it....but wow.....still is a shocker. Especially for how thirsty teams are for quarterbacks. Phillip Rivers had a few teams wanting his services......that's crazy to me.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Supah Scam had 1 really good season, other than that he never really impressed me. Massive red flag for me right after the draft was when Troy offered to tell him how to succeed in the NFL and he said no thanks.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
Chargers have Tyrod Taylor, already, a tall running QB with a strong arm. A healthy Cam is better, but is he healthy?

D-
That's the big question. There's a good chance no team will offer him a contract until they can give him a physical, and who knows when that will be possible.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Supah Scam had 1 really good season, other than that he never really impressed me. Massive red flag for me right after the draft was when Troy offered to tell him how to succeed in the NFL and he said no thanks.
Did Troy tell him "you are born with it" in regards to his accuracy like he said about Dak? Not sure if I'd take Troy's advice on football either unless its how to luck up and play for the Cowboys and play with a string of hall of famers.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Did Troy tell him "you are born with it" in regards to his accuracy like he said about Dak? Not sure if I'd take Troy's advice on football either unless its how to luck up and play for the Cowboys and play with a string of hall of famers.

Troy is a 3-time Super Bowl Champion with a 3-0 record in the game. Now I do agree he's over-rated but he was a really good player.

Psst, this would be my Cowboys QB ranking
1. Staubach
2. Romo
3. Meredith
4. Aikman
5. Prescott

Jipper

Reaction score
maybe he should have spent less time shopping and dabbing....and worked on his mechanics like Dak has

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. He got to the Super Bowl. A place many haven't gotten.

And Goodell isn't the only one to blame. Once he's out that pocket its fair game. He was being ran into the ground. Those run plays were designed run plays.

Newton is not a great throwing QB, never has been. If we are being honest, IMO, Newton is the most responsible for his situation. He runs because that's what he knows he can do well and that's what he likes to do when things break down. It is what it is. He had a good run for a few years but this is what happens to QBs who are not great passers unfortunately. JMO

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Newton is not a great throwing QB, never has been. If we are being honest, IMO, Newton is the most responsible for his situation. He runs because that's what he knows he can do well and that's what he likes to do when things break down. It is what it is. He had a good run for a few years but this is what happens to QBs who are not great passers unfortunately. JMO
You don't have to be a "great throwing QB" to be a quarterback in this league. We've seen plenty of guys come in and be able to pass in it. He was getting KILLED. Inside the pocket and out. Has nothing to do with his arm.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You don't have to be a "great throwing QB" to be a quarterback in this league. We've seen plenty of guys come in and be able to pass in it. He was getting KILLED. Inside the pocket and out. Has nothing to do with his arm.

I never said you did. But to be a great QB for a long period of time, I think you do and he didn't throw well. That's why he's out of work right now. His body is falling apart and that's not going to get better over time IMO.