Twitter: Cam Newton to be Released

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I didn't come up with that number. Just saw you respond to the post about all-pros with two guys who weren't all-pros. A very good defense always helps a QB. It is a team game. Mike Tolbert, the Panters fullback was all-pro.
You replied and said "I picked 2 guys that weren't All Pro's". When you talk about a offense the first position you bring up after quarterback is the running back or receiver. His receivers sucked. Always have. Show me a quarterback who won 15 games and made the Super Bowl with a receiving group as bad as his?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I disagree. 2020 is the time for all guys who aren't pocket passers to thrive now. That's where the league is going. Dak and Lamar represent that. Nobody would confuse either with being a pocket passer. You are trying to simplify this when its not that easy. Cam's issues don't strive from him throwing the football.

I've heard it for years. Never seen it play out to be the truth Rocy. Saw an interview with Michael Vick a month or so ago. In that interview, he spoke about his early years. In a nutshell, he said that he wished he had learned to stay in the pocket and actually work on his passing skills a bit more. Said it would have helped him so much later in his career. To me, Vick is telling because he was lite years better then a guy like Cam, in terms of physical talent, IMO. Here nor there I suppose.

The point here is not what you are talking about above. The point is that Cam is a physical wreck and it's not all on his coaching staff etc. The Offense is designed to fit Cam's playing style and his style of play is one that makes him more susceptible to injury. Shortens careers and that's what we are seeing with Cam.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I didn't come up with that number. Just saw you respond to the post about all-pros with two guys who weren't all-pros. A very good defense always helps a QB. It is a team game. Mike Tolbert, the Panters fullback was all-pro.
Defense that year was serverely under-rated. They lead the NFL in turnovers by a gigantic margin and helped give the offense the highest time of posession in the league.

Defense severely helped the offense that year. Cam had talent on both sides of the ball, he wasn't making chicken salad out of chicken #$@

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
All-pro list was 1st and 2nd team. That's how most list our constructed although I know people get anal with "uhh there's no such things as 2nd team" even though the HOF classifies it at an all-pro selection
A big contribution of his 2015 MVP was team success. Having a stacked defense helps win 15 games. If they had won 6 games he woudln't of gotten MVP or all-pro.......
The point was he had tons of help. His pass numbers where great but the big untangleble was his 10 rush touchdowns. Having first team all-pro TE, FB, and Center isn't a bad start. Thrown in a pro bowl guard and you have some good protection and good run blocking.

You can't call Troy a hypocrite for playing on talented teams when Cam had the 2nd most well rounded and 2nd most talened team in the entire NFL that year.

Funny how the talent starts to go away after 2015 and so does literally ALL of Cam's accolades......

I'm not anal about 1st or 2nd team.....I only see the Panthers had 5 in 2015. You aid 8 and I don't see that many for 1st or 2nd teams.........

You are incorrect about why he got MVP.

He had 35 Touchdowns and 10 picks. He had 600 rushing yards and 10 rushing touchdowns. Who was more deserving that year than him even if you don't factor in his team winning 15 games?

And the difference between Cam is that he had talent but nothing uncommon for most good quarterbacks in the league. Brady has had stacked teams. Rodgers has had stacked teams. Cam has never had any receivers as good as those guys though.

Aikman had Hall of Famers and All Pros. Big difference.

My post wasn't even about Aikman. It was more so about his comment about "you can't teach accuracy"...if he's saying things like that why would a quarterback get advice from him? Especially one that was good enough to be the 1st overall pick in the draft?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
He won’t take a job as a backup, he’d rather sit out a year. If Dak refuses to attend off-season activities (if there indeed are offseason activities) then I might have a look. Either way, we’ve got to grab a QB in this draft.
My guess is Cam will be signed before end of day tomorrow, unless he decides to string things out waiting on post draft desperation.. Hello NE?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I've heard it for years. Never seen it play out to be the truth Rocy. Saw an interview with Michael Vick a month or so ago. In that interview, he spoke about his early years. In a nutshell, he said that he wished he had learned to stay in the pocket and actually work on his passing skills a bit more. Said it would have helped him so much later in his career. To me, Vick is telling because he was lite years better then a guy like Cam, in terms of physical talent, IMO. Here nor there I suppose.

The point here is not what you are talking about above. The point is that Cam is a physical wreck and it's not all on his coaching staff etc. The Offense is designed to fit Cam's playing style and his style of play is one that makes him more susceptible to injury. Shortens careers and that's what we are seeing with Cam.
I Don't know what Vick has to do with any of this. Vick NEVER had a year as good as Cam's 2015 year. You are creating a narrative that isn't there. The fact is Cam is a diva. Always has been. His body is breaking down therefore he's not worth the headache anymore. He got ran into the ground by his past coaching staff. Cam took more lethal hits than anyone in the league. These are facts.

rags747

Reaction score
I'm not anal about 1st or 2nd team.....I only see the Panthers had 5 in 2015. You aid 8 and I don't see that many for 1st or 2nd teams.........

You are incorrect about why he got MVP.

He had 35 Touchdowns and 10 picks. He had 600 rushing yards and 10 rushing touchdowns. Who was more deserving that year than him even if you don't factor in his team winning 15 games?

And the difference between Cam is that he had talent but nothing uncommon for most good quarterbacks in the league. Brady has had stacked teams. Rodgers has had stacked teams. Cam has never had any receivers as good as those guys though.

Aikman had Hall of Famers and All Pros. Big difference.

My post wasn't even about Aikman. It was more so about his comment about "you can't teach accuracy"...if he's saying things like that why would a quarterback get advice from him? Especially one that was good enough to be the 1st overall pick in the draft?
Not sure about Brady being on stacked teams. Never has really had a stud rb or stud receivers outside of TE. Yes they made them all work within the system, but for the most part no #1 receivers on a consistent basis. RB never really a star there either, a bunch of nobodies that never really planned out anywhere else. The best one may have been the former Cincy rb.

Tussinman

Reaction score
They had 6 for first team (QB, both linebackers, FB, C, CB) and 2 for 2nd team (DT and TE). 8 total

I know accuracy in regards to Cam is a controversial subject. His ability to extend plays kinda mask the accuracy issues assuming he's healthy enough or has a good enough line to do so. You pair that with his WRs not getting as much seperation as years past and it's going to be a mixed answer depending on who you ask (different environment could easily get him back on track, Cam or Winston in Indy would of been interesting just in terms of better environment).

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not sure about Brady being on stacked teams. Never has really had a stud rb or stud receivers outside of TE. Yes they made them all work within the system, but for the most part no #1 receivers on a consistent basis. RB never really a star there either, a bunch of nobodies that never really planned out anywhere else. The best one may have been the former Cincy rb.
It depends how you feel about Julian Edelman and Wes Welker. I tend to think they were great players. Randy Moss too though I know Brady didn't get a ring with them so that's why I Didn't mention him. Gronk was the best tight end in the league during those runs. Always had a good offensive line. Some of the best offensive coaches........

Running back is the one position I'll say he never had a great running back. But Bellicheat's offense didn't require it. Just need someone who can run and catch out of the backfield.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They had 6 for first team (QB, both linebackers, FB, C, CB) and 2 for 2nd team (DT and TE). 8 total

I know accuracy in regards to Cam is a controversial subject. His ability to extend plays kinda mask the accuracy issues assuming he's healthy enough or has a good enough line to do so. You pair that with his WRs not getting as much seperation as years past and it's going to be a mixed answer depending on who you ask (different environment could easily get him back on track, Cam or Winston in Indy would of been interesting just in terms of better environment).

Wait....you are saying they had 6 including Cam?How can you count him as having a stacked team around him lol?

And people in here can talk about his accuracy but if you do you better mention that Phillip Rivers was one of the worst starting quarterbacks and was far from accurate.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
It was time. Cam was a great athlete, mediocre teammate, but where he will be missed the most is his philanthropic efforts in and around Charlotte.
I Don't know what Vick has to do with any of this. Vick NEVER had a year as good as Cam's 2015 year. You are creating a narrative that isn't there. The fact is Cam is a diva. Always has been. His body is breaking down therefore he's not worth the headache anymore. He got ran into the ground by his past coaching staff. Cam took more lethal hits than anyone in the league. These are facts.
Agreed. Dude is built like an NFL Defensive End, so the officiating never rushed to protect him from the nasty hits that Brady and Rodgers get flags for.

Here in NC, where the fan base really turned on him is he not diving on the ball in the Super Bowl. Granted, Carolina fans are some of the worst in the league, but that's another story.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Well, if that's your opinion, that's fine but what I'm saying is not wrong. One year does not make a QB. In fact, it kinda proves the validity of the point that many believe, which is, QBs who can not throw don't last in the NFL.

Your point about Cam's 2015 year is not really part of the point I'm trying to make and to be fair, Vick was suspended in the very prime of his career for two seasons so that doesn't help but if you want to say that Cam's 2015 season was better then any year Vick had, that's fine, I won't try to argue the point but so what? Carolina tried to trade him to multiple teams and no takers. Rivera was his HC in Carolina and he has no interest in him. Sean McDermitt, the HC in Buffalo, the team that just traded Allen, was Cam's OC for 5 years and he has no interest. They just traded away a QB and they have no interest. I believe the writing is on the wall. I think you just have to be willing to read it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Has everything to do with his ability to pass the ball. If he were a pocket passer, he wouldn't be in the situation he is in today, more then likely. His personality is just another one of those things that adds to the list of problems, rather then helps them. When you are playing at a high level and you are enjoying career years, things like personalities often get overlooked. When you aren't, then those things get laser focus. That's what we are seeing now.
Cam, even in his best years has always been a tool. This is just common knowledge.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Too bad, he's got a cannon.

He can throw the ball a ton, for sure. He just has bad mechanics and he doesn't read defenses well. His too limited in his ability to read progressions quickly enough. Easily one of the most gifted players, physically, we've ever seen at the position but, the problem is that those things don't last long in the NFL. You have to learn to play the game in the NFL and that means improving, getting better at your craft. After a few seasons, the NFL just takes too great a toll on anybodies body and you have to learn to play with your head rather then your feet all the time. If you can't learn to do that, then the physical will go and you will be left with a skill set that erodes quickly. JMO