Twitter: Cam Newton to be Released

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It was time. Cam was a great athlete, mediocre teammate, but where he will be missed the most is his philanthropic efforts in and around Charlotte.

Agreed. Dude is built like an NFL Defensive End, so the officiating never rushed to protect him from the nasty hits that Brady and Rodgers get flags for.

Here in NC, where the fan base really turned on him is he not diving on the ball in the Super Bowl. Granted, Carolina fans are some of the worst in the league, but that's another story.
Yeah which mind you if I took as many hits as he did without a flag? Not sure I don’t think twice before diving on that ball.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well, if that's your opinion, that's fine but what I'm saying is not wrong. One year does not make a QB. In fact, it kinda proves the validity of the point that many believe, which is, QBs who can not throw don't last in the NFL.

Your point about Cam's 2015 year is not really part of the point I'm trying to make and to be fair, Vick was suspended in the very prime of his career for two seasons so that doesn't help but if you want to say that Cam's 2015 season was better then any year Vick had, that's fine, I won't try to argue the point but so what? Carolina tried to trade him to multiple teams and no takers. Rivera was his HC in Carolina and he has no interest in him. Sean McDermitt, the HC in Buffalo, the team that just traded Allen, was Cam's OC for 5 years and he has no interest. They just traded away a QB and they have no interest. I believe the writing is on the wall. I think you just have to be willing to read it.
They have no interest in him because he’s a diva and his body is broken down. Why are you ignoring that?

basel90

Reaction score
It’s only a qb stay when it defines Dak, Cam and Kapernick it seems.
dont' use that card to defend mediocre Dak . Would have loved to have Cam at dallas the last few years. For sure better than Dak.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
They have no interest in him because he’s a diva and his body is broken down. Why are you ignoring that?

Why would you say I'm ignoring that? I specifically agreed with the point that he's a jackarse and I very specifically said that he can't throw the ball very well so the game plan is based upon him to a great extent. Because of that, he subjects himself to hits and as a result, his body is breaking down. I mean, why are you acting like I'm ignoring any of this?

blueblood70

Reaction score

Cam > Cooper Rush ;)

I doubt his ego would let him be a a backup but like Winston its his best bet to get shot at another starter job unless he sits out and waits in an injury as of now not really any teams in need of a vet starter..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
dont' use that card to defend mediocre Dak . Would have loved to have Cam at dallas the last few years. For sure better than Dak.
Its a fact. When it came to Kapernick he had 16 touchdowns and 4 picks......but then it became "Oh but his team sucked". Initially Dak had the best team record of any quarterback since 2016 and back then it was because of "the team around him". They go 8-8 last year and now its a individual stat. Open your eyes.

rags747

Reaction score
It depends how you feel about Julian Edelman and Wes Welker. I tend to think they were great players. Randy Moss too though I know Brady didn't get a ring with them so that's why I Didn't mention him. Gronk was the best tight end in the league during those runs. Always had a good offensive line. Some of the best offensive coaches........

Running back is the one position I'll say he never had a great running back. But Bellicheat's offense didn't require it. Just need someone who can run and catch out of the backfield.
Yes walker and Edelman were great in that system no doubt, but any other offense in the nfl I think they would have been quite ordinary. Yes Moss was great, possibly the greatest ever and it’s a shame he did not get a ring that year. Brady never had what you would call a true #1 receiver, no Amari or any of the other top top receivers that we could all rattle off. I think it was or is quite impressive of what Brady and Belicheck were able to get done with lower level draft picks at the skill positions. We probably agree more than disagree. Cam would be quite interesting here, still has at least 5-6 good quality seasons left. More talented than Dak, but Dak wins out in the intangibles which we all know what they are.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why would you say I'm ignoring that? I specifically agreed with the point that he's a jackarse and I very specifically said that he can't throw the ball very well so the game plan is based upon him to a great extent. Because of that, he subjects himself to hits and as a result, his body is breaking down. I mean, why are you acting like I'm ignoring any of this?
Because you keep talking about "his accuracy" and him never being able to throw. That is not correct.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
He won’t take a job as a backup, he’d rather sit out a year. If Dak refuses to attend off-season activities (if there indeed are offseason activities) then I might have a look. Either way, we’ve got to grab a QB in this draft.

With Dak & Rush, are we gonna keep 3 QB's on the active roster? Doubt it. So if one is drafted, he goes on the PS.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes walker and Edelman were great in that system no doubt, but any other offense in the nfl I think they would have been quite ordinary. Yes Moss was great, possibly the greatest ever and it’s a shame he did not get a ring that year. Brady never had what you would call a true #1 receiver, no Amari or any of the other top top receivers that we could all rattle off. I think it was or is quite impressive of what Brady and Belicheck were able to get done with lower level draft picks at the skill positions. We probably agree more than disagree. Cam would be quite interesting here, still has at least 5-6 good quality seasons left. More talented than Dak, but Dak wins out in the intangibles which we all know what they are.
I don't know about Cam being more talented than Dak. I'd say he had a bigger arm than him and was a better runner. That's about where I'd stop.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
Cam's contract was only about $19.4 million. I would be perfectly happy with Cam at $25 million instead of Dak at $40+ million. I like Dak, but this is getting stupid.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Because you keep talking about "his accuracy" and him never being able to throw. That is not correct.

He's not accurate. He never has been. He has a lifetime completion percentage of 59. He has two season in nine of 60% or better. This, in an era of football that is the easiest in the history of the sport to throw for a high percentage. But it's not just his completion percentages. He doesn't read defenses well. He doesn't have great mechanics and he does have real issues with his progressions. He's a QB who probably gets through two, maybe three and then he breaks the pocket or takes the sack. I mean, that's just the truth.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
We only have 1 on the roster now, Mr. Rush.
*I'm on the brink of the edge of anticipation /concerning this new head coaching regime we got coming in & actually seeing what self imposed damage which was wrought upon "our" players, after having them suffering the prior "GARRETT SUX COACHING REGIME",,,,just sayin', ya know?o_O

* as Cooper Rush , might possibly burst forth in an former #9 TONY ROMOESQUE fashion,,, again,I'm just saying:flagwave:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He can throw the ball a ton, for sure. He just has bad mechanics and he doesn't read defenses well. His too limited in his ability to read progressions quickly enough. Easily one of the most gifted players, physically, we've ever seen at the position but, the problem is that those things don't last long in the NFL. You have to learn to play the game in the NFL and that means improving, getting better at your craft. After a few seasons, the NFL just takes too great a toll on anybodies body and you have to learn to play with your head rather then your feet all the time. If you can't learn to do that, then the physical will go and you will be left with a skill set that erodes quickly. JMO
Agree. I'm not defending him by any means, but he took a beating and there were a handful of hits he took that should have been penalized. I honestly think his diva attitude may have helped the refs look the other way.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
He won’t take a job as a backup, he’d rather sit out a year. If Dak refuses to attend off-season activities (if there indeed are offseason activities) then I might have a look. Either way, we’ve got to grab a QB in this draft.
i'm sure carolina would have taken a goldfish in a water filled baggie for him and there were 0 takers.

he likely won't get a starting job unless there's an injury. then i can see him as one of the first off the bench.