Camelot, The Borgias, Game of Thrones.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;3895427 said:
Can't wait...Recording all three of them.

I plan on following The Borgias and Camelot online since i'm not subscribed to Showtime/Starz, will record Game of Thrones.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Is the borgias really fantasy though? I watched most of camelot last night and liked it for the most part especially the last shot.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I am going to watch the first episode of Camelot in a few minutes to see if it is any good.

And like many of the other GRRM fans, I am anxiously waiting for A Game of Thrones.

April is turning out to be a great month. A Game of Thrones premieres, my 140 mile a day commute comes to an end on the 15th and my brother is expecting his first child any day now.

Sweet!!!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I watched the first episode of Camelot today. I'm not a fan of British film making, but I thought this was pretty darn good and will definitely continue watching.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I don't think we are getting Camelot, but we get Borgias although Bravo is not in HD on my cable company. It was pretty good, sex, violence intrigue, what more can you ask for in a tv show.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Watched the second episode of Camelot last night and am without a doubt hooked so far.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Still didn't watch the Camelot on my DVR, noticed it was 1 hour 45 minutes so need a pretty big slot of time to watch it.

couchscout

Reaction score
theogt;3897052 said:
Watched the second episode of Camelot last night and am without a doubt hooked so far.

Yep, me too. That show has brought out my inner nerd big time. I'm sure I'll be anxiously awaiting the next episode all week, every week.

63echo

Reaction score
This might be slightly old news (though not too old), but HBO ran a 15 minute teaser for Game of Thrones the other day. As GRRM says, " This is NOT a trailer or an assembly of clips, but rather the first quarter of the first episode."

After having watched it, I'm more excited than ever. You get to meet the Starks (who all seem perfectly cast...except for Catelyn), get a glimpse of The Wall (which is awesome), and get a look at The Others.

I cannot wait.

It's supposedly on HBO's site somewhere, but you can also check it out if you like on Martin's blog: http://grrm.livejournal.com/

You should know that, much like the books, this preview is gruesome. I counted 3 decaptitations...and all were shown.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
63echo;3897882 said:
This might be slightly old news (though not too old), but HBO ran a 15 minute teaser for Game of Thrones the other day. As GRRM says, " This is NOT a trailer or an assembly of clips, but rather the first quarter of the first episode."

After having watched it, I'm more excited than ever. You get to meet the Starks (who all seem perfectly cast...except for Catelyn), get a glimpse of The Wall (which is awesome), and get a look at The Others.

I cannot wait.

It's supposedly on HBO's site somewhere, but you can also check it out if you like on Martin's blog: http://grrm.livejournal.com/

You should know that, much like the books, this preview is gruesome. I counted 3 decaptitations...and all were shown.

I completely forgot about that last night, but didn't really plan to watch it anyway. I'll just wait til the 17th. I am rereading A Game of Thrones (and will reread the rest of the series as well) to refresh myself for when the new book comes out in July. I have caught a few things I missed the first time around.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3897914 said:
I completely forgot about that last night, but didn't really plan to watch it anyway. I'll just wait til the 17th. I am rereading A Game of Thrones (and will reread the rest of the series as well) to refresh myself for when the new book comes out in July. I have caught a few things I missed the first time around.

Yeah. I've reread the series about 5 times now and you pick up new things each time you read it.

You a fan of the R+L=J theory? =p

Temo

Reaction score
I didn't like Camelot at all. I guess I was expecting gritty and "realist" (as far as that can go) and instead got standard fantasy fare.

Only part I liked was the naked women =/

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Man, that preview looks awesome. I am really anxious for it to start now.

63echo

Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan;3897963 said:
Man, that preview looks awesome. I am really anxious for it to start now.

Heck yeah, it does. I was really hoping to see the direwolves in the preview, but I can wait a couple more weeks, I suppose.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;3897930 said:
Yeah. I've reread the series about 5 times now and you pick up new things each time you read it.

You a fan of the R+L=J theory? =p

It's an interesting idea, but I don't buy it. Of course this is only my 2nd time through and it's been nearly 5 years since I finished my first time through, so maybe I'll change my mind as I go.