Camp news and tweets 7.24

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jason will be adding his oversight this year to the defensive side of the ball. Jason has read the following books this off season and expects that knowledge to pay off on the defensive side of the ball:

Your Tampa 2 and You:
Playing the Ball, a guide for newbies:
Help me Help You: How to manage a Narcissistic boss:
Cover 3 Shell for Dummies:

All that plus he went fishing with Jimmy so this year is the breakout on the defensive side of the ball for sure.

LMAO @ Your Tampa 2and you

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Lol. Keep 'em coming, you two. This sort of soul-sucking snark for no discernible reason is just the tonic we need for the first day of camp.

My comment was fact, not snark. He has been presenting the wisdom of Billie Jean King.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Lol. Keep 'em coming, you two. This sort of soul-sucking snark for no discernible reason is just the tonic we need for the first day of camp.

Lighten up Francis.

We'll go back to preaching about how this is all part of the 8 year plan and all is well tomorrow.

244b992a4753d38ed947da0b5ec98738219747fa9c33f24e64bc34f6dd550ccd.jpg

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My comment was fact, not snark. He has been presenting the wisdom of Billie Jean King.

Well, it had me rolling. Good stuff. Keep it coming.

Lighten up Francis.

We'll go back to preaching about how this is all part of the 8 year plan and all is well tomorrow.

Don't do that, because it'll get confused for enthusiasm and Alexander will feel compelled to correct you. Just keep up the funny denigrating book title schtick that has us all in stitches over here.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do knee braces hinder agility for OL (honest q)? Similar to why no one wears protective cups?

I posted this a month or so ago but again, the Chargers did a four year study, everybody wore knee braces for 2 years and then went 2 years without; there was no discernible difference in strains and tears either way.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I posted this a month or so ago but again, the Chargers did a four year study, everybody wore knee braces for 2 years and then went 2 years without; there was no discernible difference in strains and tears either way.

I've heard the same. It's pretty rare that you're taking a direct shot to the knee. Most often, you're planting your foot and then torquing your knee sideways yourself while somebody is trying to push you to the ground and that's what causes the ACL. A knee brace can't really stop that unless it's somehow gripping the skin of the leg enough to stop that torquing motion, which it obviously can't do. It's not going to counteract a football cleat with 320+ pounds of OL holding it in the ground.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

By bad bro, not like I intentionally don't read ya or nothing;) Good info and wouldn't have thought that otherwise

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jason will be adding his oversight this year to the defensive side of the ball. Jason has read the following books this off season and expects that knowledge to pay off on the defensive side of the ball:

Your Tampa 2 and You:
Playing the Ball, a guide for newbies:
Help me Help You: How to manage a Narcissistic boss:
Cover 3 Shell for Dummies:

All that plus he went fishing with Jimmy so this year is the breakout on the defensive side of the ball for sure.

Well then, he knew more than you before reading those books, and now he knows even more....

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Well then, he knew more than you before reading those books, and now he knows even more....

I'm thinking of looking into seeing if those books come digital and if they are included in my Amazon Prime.
Totally worth the annual if they are.

starfrombirth

Reaction score

How about ACL's and break's??

Hoofbite

Reaction score

What thread did you post that in, Id like to see it.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I see you're still smarting from that slap down a few days ago. :)

Slap down? Meet me face to face and say that! I have a belt in in three things that in in "Doe".

It' going to be a really exciting season with the youth on this team.