Camp weigh in?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
As we are a full offseason into move to base 3-4 Defense. Any word on when updated weights get recorded and posted DC.Com?

I expect Fergi to be 10 pounds stouter. Canty to get back to his 290 College playing weight when healthy. Burnett and Shanle to 245. Ogbogu at OLB may push 265+

Spears I see at 295-305
Glover up to 285

Roy? Whats his "Real" weight?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
As we are a full offseason into move to base 3-4 Defense. Any word on when updated weights get recorded and posted DC.Com?

I expect Fergi to be 10 pounds stouter. Canty to get back to his 290 College playing weight when healthy. Burnett and Shanle to 245. Ogbogu at OLB may push 265+

Spears I see at 295-305
Glover up to 285

You are fascinated with player's weights more than anyone I know.

Not a dig, just an observation.

JDSmith

Reaction score
And wonderlics and 40 times. Nors likes his numbers.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Seriously - Like the injury report. The league should have a weekly weigh in. Having played football its the running joke - what do you want your weight listed at? Teams can jock that. Is Petitti 361 or 330? Who do you believe?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
JDSmith said:
And wonderlics and 40 times. Nors likes his numbers.
Intelligence and speed are part of the equation. Not all but a part.

JDSmith

Reaction score
I believe it's irrelevent. If a guy weighs in at 245 or 252 means nothing to me provided he can play. If the coach feels he plays better at a certain weight then I expect him to be at that weight, but there is no reason I should know what that weight is.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
http://www.dallascowboys.com/team.cfm

Petitti is listed at 347 on DC.com
Is that what he weighs today?

I'm just asking the question as I question when weights will be updated?

For a 228 pound linebacker lasted at 236 it matters. And vice versa a 245 pound LB listed at 237. Aint the same!

dallasfan

Reaction score
Nors said:

Spears I see at 295-305
Glover up to 285

I'd love to see Ferguson weigh 315 but I doubt it. And Spears won't weigh 295+, Parcells told him he wanted him to lose weight, I'd expect anywhere from 285 to 295.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Spears is a 3-4 DE who will play at 290 min. He's listed at 307. What is it really to my point?

"Pittdawg said"
think rob is 6-5 7/8. his weight is under 330 lbs, with a goal of 325. don't know exact bench, but it's over 400 lbs.

He's listed at 347 - obviously listed weights are not current in Petitti's case. Expect our D to be noticeably bigger with 3-4 move. Simple math!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Seriously - Like the injury report. The league should have a weekly weigh in. Having played football its the running joke - what do you want your weight listed at? Teams can jock that. Is Petitti 361 or 330? Who do you believe?
I believe his dad that he is under 330 and headed to 325 which is his mandated weight.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Nors why not fly to Oxnard and break out your own scale, since you just love putting the weights you want them to weigh in your posts anyway?:D

scottsp

Reaction score
Weight isn't nearly as important as how the weight is distributed. There are a few variables here. Bigger isn't necessarily better - or stronger for that matter.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Nors why not fly to Oxnard and break out your own scale, since you just love putting the weights you want them to weigh in your posts anyway?:D

See Hos's post - Pittdog has Rob 20+ pounds under listed weight at DC.com. I'm just lobbying to have all players true weights listed and updated. As games are played there sometimes, if you missed that.....

I know you are pro undersized 4-3 Defense and I'm more of the BP/BB mindset of bigger, stronger athlete roster. This is the transition year.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
See Hos's post - Pittdog has Rob 20+ pounds under listed weight at DC.com. I'm just lobbying to have all players true weights listed and updated. As games are played there sometimes, if you missed that.....

I know you are pro undersized 4-3 Defense and I'm more of the BP/BB mindset of bigger, stronger athlete roster. This is the transition year.
Let them keep his weight at 347 if they want. Then when opponents see him moving fast and think that weight they sweat a little.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:

BZ - so you accept faulty weights? Thats lack of attention to detail. A flaw in your makeup.

Actually yes - I'd love to fly there and weigh them all in on the record. In fact isn't that what Parcells does!!!!!!(behind closed doors?) Incident in weight room player said he weighed X and Parcells called him - he was 30 pounds heavier on scale. Now is Parcells above playing games with weights OFFICIALLY "listed" - Absolutely NOT!

blindzebra

Reaction score
Nors said:

Show one post where I said I was pro-undersized.

You can't pick in choose, ya know. This year's 4-3 weighs A LOT more than last years, and more than this years 3-4.

What is undersized is our 3-4.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Let them keep his weight at 347 if they want. Then when opponents see him moving fast and think that weight they sweat a little.
THATS MY EXACT POINT - GAMESMANSHIP!

How many times have we seen an Oline guy listed at 340 that weighed 380.

Same rationale of listing a 228 pound LB at 236 for example.

Or a 204 pound RB at 215. Its prevalent....

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
THATS MY EXACT POINT - GAMESMANSHIP!

How many times have we seen an Oline guy listed at 340 that weighed 380.

Same rationale of listing a 228 pound LB at 236 for example.

Or a 204 pound RB at 215. Its prevalent....
Yeah but who cares?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Show one post where I said I was pro-undersized.

You can't pick in choose, ya know. This year's 4-3 weighs A LOT more than last years, and more than this years 3-4.

What is undersized is our 3-4.
There is no this year 4-3's other than situationally - Move on. You were pro sized 4-3 and that was smurf Zimmy's D. Were you on GROZ? Don't make me archive!

We drafted 3-4 parts and added NT Fergi. No Howard trade - move on the war is over and you lost.

Again, Our undersized D SUCKED past half decade, IS GETTING OLD AT THE CORE AND PARCELLS MADE THE CHANGE!

There really is not even a discussion on that.