Camp weigh in?

blindzebra

Reaction score
Nors said:
BZ - so you accept faulty weights? Thats lack of attention to detail. A flaw in your makeup.

Actually yes - I'd love to fly there and weigh them all in on the record. In fact isn't that what Parcells does!!!!!!(behind closed doors?) Incident in weight room player said he weighed X and Parcells called him - he was 30 pounds heavier on scale. Now is Parcells above playing games with weights OFFICIALLY "listed" - Absolutely NOT!

There's a difference between arguing with the "official" weights and making up your own weights to fit your argument.

We must take the listed weights as is, since we have no choice to do otherwise.

Unless you NEED to have some players lose 10 pounds to be undersized and another gain 10 to fit your argument, even though both are in fact the same weight officially.;)

scottsp

Reaction score
Is there a discussion on selective memory and all the prognosis on your part that has gone awfully awry?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Yeah but who cares?
Now I get why you push back on schemes, coaching.

Who cares?

Attention to DETAIL. Lombardi, Parcells, Shula, Landry, Bellicheck. They care(d). The great one's care.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Nors said:
Now I get why you push back on scememes, coaching.

Who cares?

Attention to DETAIL. Lombardi, Parcells, Shula, Landry, Bellicheck. They care(d). The great one's care.

If he cares about this particular detail than the official weights must be correct.:D

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Yeah but who cares?

It irks Nors that Singleton, Shanle and Burnett are all the same size. It blows his big LBers argument out the window and makes it harder for him to justify his big Al hate. :D

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
There's a difference between arguing with the "official" weights and making up your own weights to fit your argument.

We must take the listed weights as is, since we have no choice to do otherwise.

Unless you NEED to have some players lose 10 pounds to be undersized and another gain 10 to fit your argument, even though both are in fact the same weight officially.;)

1) I proved to you official weights are somewhat bs - see Petitti weight

2)! A LB that is listed at 228 for 6 years and is suddenly 236 is not the same Body type of another player who has played at 245 his entire career but now listed at 237.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
junk said:
It irks Nors that Singleton, Shanle and Burnett are all the same size. It blows his big LBers argument out the window and makes it harder for him to justify his big Al hate. :D

Al s is casper the ghost - does NOTHING.

Note we drafted 2 LBers in first 2 rounds.........Parcells is thrilled with his lack of playmaking skills. Call it enthralled!

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
Al s is casper the ghost - does NOTHING.

Note we drafted 2 LBers in first 2 rounds.........Parcells is thrilled with his lack of playmaking skills. Call it enthralled!

Funny how he does nothing, but Bill signed him and Bill is keeping him so far. He must do something.

Not every player is a superstar. You need lunch pail guys that just do their job and provide leadership. Singleton does that.

I wouldn't mind seeing an upgrade there, but the guy gets dogged way more than he should.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:

Who cares?

Hello Great One.

:grin:

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
all you guys crack me up.....this is an entertaining read on a wed. night.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Oooooh, good one.

You guys are off tonight -

Reread thread - I said Parcells is detail orientated and knows players exact weights. I then posted he was not above gamesmanship on reporting.

50cent

Reaction score
Nors is right again, BP does care about weight. (Blades comes to mind as well as Spears) Why else would he fine guys for not meeting their required weights? Although, I'm not sure he is sharing his info with the webmaster, so that he/she can update it everyday. I just don't think BP is going into the webmasters office every time he does a weigh in and insisting that he make sure the weights are right on the website.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Seriously Nors, I think they will officially weigh in probably Friday night or Saturday morning and the website will probably update it a couple of days later.

I'm pretty sure Parcells weighs them every week, but I noticed last year that it wasn't until around week 12 or something that they updated the website.

BTW, I kinda like the weight thing too. It doesn't mean a guy can play or can't but it's interesting to see if the fat guys are getting fatter or the bulked up guys are able to hold their weight during a gruelling season.

Plus it's just old school. :)

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
Nors said:
There is no this year 4-3's other than situationally - Move on. You were pro sized 4-3 and that was smurf Zimmy's D. Were you on GROZ? Don't make me archive!

We drafted 3-4 parts and added NT Fergi. No Howard trade - move on the war is over and you lost.

Again, Our undersized D SUCKED past half decade, IS GETTING OLD AT THE CORE AND PARCELLS MADE THE CHANGE!

There really is not even a discussion on that.

Nors, you generalize way too much. Everything is not as Black and White as you tend to make it out to be. According to you, you are either welcoming the 3-4, or you are an 4-3 apologist who needs to get with the times. This just isn't the case. I wasn't part of some "GROZ" group. On the flip side, I didn't have any interest in bringing Howard, but these facts don't brand me as Pro 4-3 or Pro 3-4. Some people here may actual prefer a 4-3 due to personal, but are willing to accept the 3-4. Some people may want to see both. Some people may want the 3-4 due to change in style of play. Fact is, we haven't had anything clear cut and dry telling us 100% what will occur. Therefore, everyone will interpret the information we have been given differently.

If anything else, stop bringing up the Howard trade as the basis for the 4-3 being out, and stop acting like anyone in favor of the 4-3 wanted Howard here.

I will say though, it can be entertaining watching some of these debates, but it can also get a little old watching the same thing over and over and over again. Don't we have anything else to debate on?

JDSmith

Reaction score
Nors said:

Who cares?

You're not one of the great ones. You are just a deluded fan. As I said earlier, if the coach feels they need to be at a weight (I'd say that's attention to detail) then they should be at that weight. But there is no reason that some bean counter in Boston needs to know what that weight is. Next you are going to want to measure the size of their colons. If they can play they can play, period.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
I too would like to look at the players wieghts, particularly some of those players that have had some trouble i.e. Tucker. As much as I would like one player over another, I want everyone to succeed. I started my true Cowboys Fandom at the beginning of a 3 year 5-11 stint, I want to see some success.

Of course, as much as I would like to know who weighs what, I do agree that it is something that may not be considered important for us fans to know, in spite of how much we plead.

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
All I want to know about weight is, who did not make the weight that BP mandated? As far as officially listed weights, who cares? As long as BP is monitoring it behind closed doors, that is all that matters to me. If Tucker comes in all fat and out of shape, I am sure he will be dealt with. And I am sure whoever shows up heavy, BP will make them known during the first press conference. Other than that, I don't think anyone else needs to know weights except the coaching staff.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JakeCamp12 said:
All I want to know about weight is, who did not make the weight that BP mandated? As far as officially listed weights, who cares? As long as BP is monitoring it behind closed doors, that is all that matters to me. If Tucker comes in all fat and out of shape, I am sure he will be dealt with. And I am sure whoever shows up heavy, BP will make them known during the first press conference. Other than that, I don't think anyone else needs to know weights except the coaching staff.
:hammer: