Can anyone tell me what Jason Garrett does to earn $6m per year?

Zman5

Reaction score
He's good at using this.

93250917_LL_1.jpg

Brax

Reaction score
I've intently watched thousands of games over the years and observed every successful top NFL coach in action - engaged, emotional, tough, active, energetic, proactive, reactive.....the exact OPPOSITE PERSONALITY of what our loser JG portrays.

I'm truly AT A LOSS to begin to understand what the heck our HC even does!? How does he earn his $6 MILLION EVERY YEAR!?

Game Day: A lifeless, inactive, silent mannequin staring at the field.
Week BEFORE the Game: JG's supporters say he is NOT to blame for any bad game plan because he no longer has any responsibility for DC scheme or OC plan, right?

That accounts for all 7 days folks....can anyone here please tell me how JG justifiably collects $6 million a year?
He says yes Mr. Jones what ever you say. What self respecting coach allows his assistants to be picked by the owner. At $6 million a year I do not know anyone who would walk away from that. The next coach will be another yes man Jerry isn't built to take the back seat that's the reason the last 23 years are what they are Jerry the de-facto coach.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
He only had 1 losing season as head coach of the Cowboys. Our QB was injured during that losing season.

Regarding the 6 Million per year. Several teams wanted him when he was hired as our Head Coach.

You need to rethink this.....

When Garrett was OC he received 2 offers after the 2007 season, from Baltimore and Atlanta if I remember correctly. He has not received a single offer since, not during the last 2.5 years as OC, and not a single offer since he made HC.

This BS about several teams wanting him is a load of crap. The only offers he received were in his rookie year as the OC and that's it. Baltimore and Atlanta can look back to 2007 and be happy clappy clap turned them down or their franchises would be in the same place Dallas is now.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He only had 1 losing season as head coach of the Cowboys. Our QB was injured during that losing season.

Regarding the 6 Million per year. Several teams wanted him when he was hired as our Head Coach.
Wanted is the key word! Past tense!!!!!! :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
You need to rethink this.....

When Garrett was OC he received 2 offers after the 2007 season, from Baltimore and Atlanta if I remember correctly. He has not received a single offer since, not during the last 2.5 years as OC, and not a single offer since he made HC.

This BS about several teams wanting him is a load of crap. The only offers he received were in his rookie year as the OC and that's it. Baltimore and Atlanta can look back to 2007 and be happy clappy clap turned them down or their franchises would be in the same place Dallas is now.
He would have been fired a long time ago if he had taken one of those positions.

johneric8

Reaction score
It's hard for me to pinpoint what he does well, but as a Christian I will try .

If Garrett does one thing well I would say that it's most definitely his ability to be a charismatic speaker. This is the one single ability that he has displayed over the years that has kept him in the position he is in.

Without his ability to be persuasive and in control he would of been gone a long time ago.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've intently watched thousands of games over the years and observed every successful top NFL coach in action - engaged, emotional, tough, active, energetic, proactive, reactive.....the exact OPPOSITE PERSONALITY of what our loser JG portrays.

I'm truly AT A LOSS to begin to understand what the heck our HC even does!? How does he earn his $6 MILLION EVERY YEAR!?

Week BEFORE the Game: JG's supporters say he is NOT to blame for any bad game plan because he no longer has any responsibility for DC scheme or OC plan, right?

That accounts for all 7 days folks....can anyone here please tell me how JG justifiably collects $6 million a year?
First, I'm going to say I personally would have terminated Garrett a few years ago had that been my choice, and I still feel he isn't the best coach for the team. But I also try to be fair about the criticism, and I don't think this is.

It's not uncommon for head coaches to not directly coach either the offense or defense on the sidelines. That's what OC's, DC's and position coaches do. Watch Belichick, who is the most successful coach ever. He doesn't directly do any coaching on the sidelines.

As for during the week, don't believe the nonsense that Jason is not involved. There is no reason to believe he isn't watching game film, discussing and going over game plans, dictating practice schedules and all the other things head coaches with other teams do. Of course, there are some head coaches that are also the OC or DC, so that can be a little different with some teams, but it isn't that way with all teams.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
I bet with 6M his home is well equipped with a “The Clapper” in every outlet. He is at home perfecting his craft for the sideline, and executing efficiency with his electric bill simultaneously. You can’f find too many leaders with kind of multi tasking skill for 6M per year.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You folks need to make up your mind, one side is saying JG has full control over the offense, while we are now getting arguments that JG just wears a headset. It's one or the other, folks.

I'm not a JG fan, but I also don't pretend he's the worst HC in football. He is, like our QB, a middling HC. And unwarranted or not, playoff wins and some of the players he has helped bring in while being HC will probably get him some interest when he is let go in the offseason.

This place is going to have a real quick reality check when the next HC we bring in performs about as well, if not worse, than JG.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
It's not uncommon for head coaches to not directly coach either the offense or defense on the sidelines. That's what OC's, DC's and position coaches do. Watch Belichick, who is the most successful coach ever. He doesn't directly do any coaching on the sidelines.
Not true at all. Belichick regularly goes over to the bench and lectures almost his entire defense at times when he thinks it's necessary. He's also at least talks to McDaniels about offense, even if he's not as actively involved with that side of the ball.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Garrett only does what Jerry allows him to do, which is very little.

JG was on that Jimmy Johnson team. He KNOWS how a good HC should act but unfortunately he does not possess the power to run his team like JJ did. The players on this team do not respect JG because they know that he can't send them to the asthma field and make it stick.

JMech

Reaction score

High Quality Clapping???