Can Cowboys finish above .500?

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Well, we have NY and Carolina remaining. Cinn is 3-5 and Tampa 4-4. Those are all winnable games .

And I could see us maybe splitting with Phi, maybe . And Wash lucked out against Bears. Their last place schedule isn’t impressive . Maybe a split there.

On Any Given Sunday always applies. And we will get more of our buyers back.
Giants, Panthers and last game of season against Washington are probably wins. I think Washington plays backups in that game. A win against the Bengals and splitting with Philly are semi-realistic possibilities.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
7-10 or 8-9 are the most realistic outcomes rn. This team would need a miracle to win more than 5 more games this season.
I had us at 8 or 9 wins going into season but my views haven’t changed much.

I also said with a lame duck HC and potential at that time lame duck QB the season could collapse.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Giants, Panthers and last game of season against Washington are probably wins. I think Washington plays backups in that game. A win against the Bengals and splitting with Philly are semi-realistic possibilities.
Tampa is winnable too. I wouldn’t totally rule out Atl. Add that to your 5 potential more wins and we are hovering around .500 with 8 or 9 wins.

This is the NFL. Most teams are hovering around .500

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Well, we have NY and Carolina remaining. Cinn is 3-5 and Tampa 4-4. Those are all winnable games .

And I could see us maybe splitting with Phi, maybe . And Wash lucked out against Bears. Their last place schedule isn’t impressive . Maybe a split there.

On Any Given Sunday always applies. And we will get more of our starters back on defense.

There's games they should win left on the schedule. The question is; are there enough players on the team that care enough to win? Right now, it's not looking good.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The bottom is falling out on this organization. Collectively, I don't think the cowboys will muster much enthusiasm to play at the level necessary to win in the NFL. I stand by my prediction that they will continue the free fall into Thanksgiving, get embarrassed by the Giants, and McCarthy will then lose his job. The team is not going to recover in 2024.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i don't see where the wins come from.
giants on turkey day.
carolina.
but thats it.
over .500....no way...don't see it.
,500...no way...don't see it.
this looks like a 5 or 6 win season.
for that to change would be a football miracle.

Cmac

Reaction score
Say all you need about Dak (he deserves)......but we are a mess all around. We are as predictable as the next day and with marginal talent all over the place like a plaque.

I'm just wondering what happened at halftime.....Aubrey (our MVP) set the tone immediately with that kick. We are done!!!

We have players checking social media (Diggs)

RonWashington

Reaction score
It is what it is and we are what we are. And we are about where I thought we’d be.

Yeah Parcells said “ you are what you are “ or words to that effect . 3-4 can easily be 3-6 with Falcons and Eagles coming . I thought if they could survive SF the last 10 games might mean something .

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Looking at their schedule and how we have been playing it doesn’t seem possible .

But looking at the Rams last night after they had almost everyone return from injuries look like a team which can contend for the playoffs. They were 3-6 last year and finished 10-7 making playoffs .

So, should we get too discouraged if we fall below .500 Sun at SF? Im not sure , depends on whether we get most everyone back from injuries and how we play.

Just two weeks ago we went to Pittsburg and beat what is now a 5-2 on the road and the looked like total crap last week. What team is going to show up in SF.

I wouldn’t totally write us off as a playoff contender just yet. We could still back in with 9 maybe 10 wins. Hovering around .500 should keep us sniffing around.

The NFC North currently looks like could be first division in NFL history to place all their teams in the playoffs but once they begin playing each other more in division that should slip.

This team could collapse in a hurry with our tough schedule . And I could see that happening . But when I look around the NFC I’m not overly impressed once you get past Det, GB and maybe SF.
no. we will win two more games this season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah Parcells said “ you are what you are “ or words to that effect . 3-4 can easily be 3-6 with Falcons and Eagles coming . I thought if they could survive SF the last 10 games might mean something .
This team was never going to do much even if it backed into the playoffs .

But with most of the league hovering around .500 and vying for an outside playoff spot we could still be one of those teams.

Or it could totally collapse. Time will tell. But I had us winning 8 or 9 games and we are about where I’d thought we’d be at this point. Actually we are one game better. Didn’t expect to beat Pittsburgh.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Can the Cowboys finish above .500? Yes.
Will they? No.

No way things get better with this group of players, coaches and "management."

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Tampa is winnable too. I wouldn’t totally rule out Atl. Add that to your 5 potential more wins and we are hovering around .500 with 8 or 9 wins.

This is the NFL. Most teams are hovering around .500
If you think the Cowboys can beat the Bucs then you have not been paying attention to the games.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Another Stevie Wonder fan. Washington is clearly a better team than Dallas at this point.