Can Cowboys win a game in their next 5 games?

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Realistically, we will be lucky to get one.

The defense is too bad and just lost two of its best players with absolutely no adequate backups to fill in the gaps.

The horror of NO/Bal will just continue, especially because two of these teams are the exact kind of offense we have no answer for.

Throw in a struggling offense, and we are looking at a lost season. The personnel is not good enough to win, and the coaches can't compensate with scheme.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
4 wins
loss w/ SF
Not sure what you’ve seen to make you that optimistic. They’re currently 2-2 and that was with Parsons and DLaw. They’ll be lucky to win 3 of their next 5.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Parsons hurt
DLaw hurt
Guyton @ LT
no RB

@ Pitt
home vs. Lions
@ San Fran
@ Atlanta
home vs. Eagles

This isnt looking good.

I'm thinking 1-4 in next 5 games.
Sure they can . Will they , who knows.

We’ll be underdogs in our next 3 games assuming Lions win tonight.

Steelers aren’t invincible. And if Lions fall to Seattle tonight, which I don’t expect them to, then they’ll look more beatable next week.

And then we’ll get Lawrence and Parsons back in SF. We’ll see if they’re heathy.

Yea , all tough and very loseable games. I had us 2-4 before the season begun at the bye. But in NFL one game at a time. Lots of upsets as usual.

Smith22

Reaction score
Pittsburgh OL is currently a mash unit. That said, with our injuries and lack of a good RB, I say 2-3 in that stretch.

bigE79

Reaction score
Parsons hurt
DLaw hurt
Guyton @ LT
no RB

@ Pitt
home vs. Lions
@ San Fran
@ Atlanta
home vs. Eagles

This isnt looking good.

We'll be lucky to win 1 game,with how the team stands at this moment,I see us at 0-5.what do those teams have in common? Damn good defenses and play making offenses...and how do we play against those types of teams?

rambo2

Reaction score
Realistically, we will be lucky to get one.

The defense is too bad and just lost two of its best players with absolutely no adequate backups to fill in the gaps.

The horror of NO/Bal will just continue, especially because two of these teams are the exact kind of offense we have no answer for.

Throw in a struggling offense, and we are looking at a lost season. The personnel is not good enough to win, and the coaches can't compensate with scheme.
They very well could win the first game and any of the other games. That 1.5 point spread tells you the first game is a tossup.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
They'll emerge from that stretch at 4-5 or 5-4.

They'll emerge from the next 5 at 7-7 or 8-6 or 6-8.

They'll emerge from the next 3 at 9-8, give or take a game.

They'll go to the WC round.

there will be growling in here, guarantees of a SB, and statements about how whoever our opponent is sucks.

Dak will throw 2 early INTs, we'll be down by at least 14 at the half, and lose by double digits. Half will blame Dak. The other half will exonerate Dak and blame the defense,coach, oline.

Most will also blame But, But The Refs...sniff.

in April....we will Win The Draft. Again.

hate to ruin the mystery of the next 7 months....but there it is.

Hate to ruin the mystery for you....

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
They very well could win the first game and any of the other games. That 1.5 point spread tells you the first game is a tossup.
The first one is realistic, yeah, and technically any game is winnable. I'm just not optimistic at all. I haven't seen anything good from this team outside of the defense in the first game. Maybe if the offense was tearing things up, I'd feel better. But they look very basic and sad too. And it's not like we're going to suddenly discover a running game

Adreme

Reaction score
Parsons hurt
DLaw hurt
Guyton @ LT
no RB

@ Pitt
home vs. Lions
@ San Fran
@ Atlanta
home vs. Eagles

This isnt looking good.

Probably beat the Steelers, but then the next 5, which include the Texans at the end, will all be rough games. I would say being 2-3 after that gauntlet will be great.

McMicah

Reaction score
The people saying we are gonna go 4-1….wowza. We will just politely call that optimism and move on.

I’m gonna say 2-3

rambo2

Reaction score
The first one is realistic, yeah, and technically any game is winnable. I'm just not optimistic at all. I haven't seen anything good from this team outside of the defense in the first game. Maybe if the offense was tearing things up, I'd feel better. But they look very basic and sad too. And it's not like we're going to suddenly discover a running game
Stay tuned.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So you don't think losing our best run stopper and best defensive player isn't going to change their ability to stop teams in the next month or two?

It can get worse in terms of run defense...
Best run stopper? In the 2 losses he was part of the problem more than a solution. A jag who maintains gap integrity will do just as well as a guy who constantly gets out of position trying to make a splash play. Things will be fine.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
We likely lose all five with the current injury problems and GM malpractice setting up this season for failure.

It is the NFL, and anything can happen, but it isn't likely.

Swagger

Reaction score
@ Pitt - I would have it a 50/50
home vs. Lions - lose
@ San Fran - lose
@ Atlanta - 50/50 because Cousins is not a good QB
home vs. Eagles - win

I think 2-3 looks likely potentially 3-2 if winning a couple of 50/50 type match ups. Lions will be so juiced up to avenge last season's game and without Lawrence and probably Parsons I don't have too much hope. 49ers have injuries but they are still a formidable proposition at home.

Jipper

Reaction score
Best run stopper? In the 2 losses he was part of the problem more than a solution. A jag who maintains gap integrity will do just as well as a guy who constantly gets out of position trying to make a splash play. Things will be fine.
Yes dlaw has been our best run stopper and there were a ton of players that struggled in those two games

Laughable that you think you can pull out dlaw and micha, replace with jags and get better performance

You have zero credibility going forward after that statement but nice job!