Can Dak break into Elite QB Tier?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How about we are Cowboy Lovers and we love the fact that since we did NO PREPARATION for the end of the Romo era . We got lucky and landed a guy in the 4th round who although not perfect is taking us to the playoffs while perfecting his game .

Dak is giving us great football to watch at very reasonable price SO FAR. This has allowed us to build a TEAM . As Cowboy fans many of us love that . We now have a freaking team that is not totally and completely dependent on one guy with health issues . So maybe some of us are all in and can see the intangibles Dak brings to the team that we were missing before .

If that makes us Lovers Label us as you will we will still be lovers when he takes us farther than we have gone in the last 25 yrs If we had a coaching staff we would have been there by now
makes us? we are all on this board and we are all cowboy lovers. nothing wrong with that. we can have different opinions of the players we love to cheer. nothing wrong with that. we all want the best for this team. nothing wrong with that. why get so hung up over "eliteness"...you don't need to be elite to win.....you need to be good.

pitt33

Reaction score
Elite?

No way. He is not equipped for elite status nor will he ever be.

You can count the number of elite quarterbacks in the NFL on one hand. It's always been that way.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Elite?

No way. He is not equipped for elite status nor will he ever be.

You can count the number of elite quarterbacks in the NFL on one hand. It's always been that way.

In intangible ways he is already elite. But not in the way your run of the mill fan thinks. I don't think he will ever put up elite numbers like Rogers, Brees, Mahones, ect...ect…. And that doesn't bother me in the least.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
there is a difference between giving someone props, which I have given Dak props before. there is the fawning over like a teenage girl over Dak, acting like he is so dreamy.....

hmm, you are sounding like a ...
1- You're exaggerating.

2.- Who cares?, it's weird it bothers you that people are fans of his to the degree that you follow them around.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
1- You're exaggerating.

2.- Who cares?, it's weird it bothers you that people are fans of his to the degree that you follow them around.
1- who cares?
2- its weird that it bothers you I am not calling him Elite and that you insist on arguing about it

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Elite...... right here Dak one of the original and best ever......
w3j6als17n5ydsruz5pa.jpg

jnday

Reaction score
1 sack away from leading the nfl and we dont have anywhere close to a scrub oline, s9 save me that excuse we had backups (so did everyone else), leads league in fumbles, and consistently waits for targets to get open before throwing.

Sure he can be elite if he can fix all those issues, just as any other QB who's average like him and is given enough time in the right system.
I think the situation in Dallas is one of the best in the NFL for a QB to have success. Dak stepped right into one of the best situations ever and Dallas continues to be the ultimate team for any QB including incoming rookies.

Skillit

Reaction score
It's only up for debate places like here. Outside of the fan base it's universally accepted Prescott is a fraud. No one's questioning whether he can become elite. They know he can't.

I wouldn’t go that far......not a fraud. But he’s a guy that will always need a strong running game.

But not a fraud. Plenty of teams had good rosters but the QB messes it up. Dak- if anything else is pretty careful with the ball. He’s not a fraud. Not elite.....probably not a guy who will carry a team, but he isn’t the guy who will shoot you in the foot.

Verdict

Reaction score
NO his hope or ours is he moves up to top of tier 2..he will never be elite..be honest with yourselves, hes not even close to top tier 2 hes bottom tier 2 , hes an above average QB with high level of leadership and intangibles but his arm talent, pocket awareness, and other things are NOT natural and that will always hold him back.. working hard to get better wont elevate him that high, juts make him better IMO..

Just NO my friends..he will never be Peyton Manning, Brady, Brees, or Brady.. Mahomes is that next guy who with a season even close to last he will elevate himself frontier one to Elite..theres difference..

If Dak ever becomes even RWilson we will feel very lucky but hes not RW yet.that might be his top very top.. I doubt he even makes that..hes in the class with Carr, Mariotta, Winston, and other downs in that 10-16 range and to move up to top 5 is nearly impossible from where i sit , I like him but he is what he is

I think Dak’s physical arm talent is a little better than advertised but he doesn’t have a cannon for an arm.

cern

Reaction score
what he does is produce wins. with the exception of brady last year, few of the perceived elite qb's got their teams to the playoffs. this list includes rogers and big ben. and I expect dak will continue to improve his game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think the situation in Dallas is one of the best in the NFL for a QB to have success. Dak stepped right into one of the best situations ever and Dallas continues to be the ultimate team for any QB including incoming rookies.
they are saying this in INdy and with Lucks shocking retirement , we can see what that will look like with Dak Like player with Playoff team around him, will it be as good as successful? will be an interesting watch for sure..

the offense, DC team, coaches, and Dak need Zeke, they wont admit it but we are BETTER with Zeke 1 Pollard 2..if we are to make a run, we need Zeke to take pressure of Dak, that situation you speak of is ZEKE inclusive :))

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think Dak’s physical arm talent is a little better than advertised but he doesn’t have a cannon for an arm.
Im talking more of putting the ball on receivers in stride and giving them a better catch radius and what not, its not natural and takes work for him..

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What are you guys expecting out of Dak this year? I’m not talking about the number of TDs and yards, I’m talking just about his level of play?

I’m expecting Dak to make a huge jump in terms of his decision making skills (timing) and internal clock. I expect him to start carrying the team on a regular basis. I’m expecting him to run the ball several times per game and start hurting defenses and keeping them honest.

I think you are going to see the best version of Dak by far. If Zeke is out I can also see Dak getting killed by a missed blitz pickup by a RB.

I expect him to have a very good to great year.
I have not read any of the other posts yet. But define elite.
Because I am sure there are a variety of responses as usual. But to some Dak will never be good enough. Even if he wins a SB. There will be some type of...yeah, but...to it. Like the team helped get him there or some crap like that. However if they lose a Sb, it will be Dak lost it, ignoring the fact to give him credit of getting them there.

To others he will be elite just getting to the SB, even if only one time. Unless he is breaking records like crazy. Because Dan Marino was considered elite, and only go to one SB and lost. So is that the measuring stick, or something less.

Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach were elite, though I bet some say Troy was not. Tony Romo and Danny White, great stats, but not elite by some, though some think Tony was.