Can Dak get the hat trick?

jnday

Reaction score
Yes. Dak has absolutely nothing to do with his success on the field. It's the other players carrying him the whole way. It couldn't possibly be the other way around, that other players are having success because of Dak. CD lamb and Cooper threw those perfect passes to themselves. When you refuse to give Dak any credit you sound ridiculous.
You may want to actually look at the facts when it comes to the success of the team. Don’t you find it ironic that the seasons with the most wins are also the seasons in which Zeke was running more and having more success with his runs? When Zeke is not running well, Dallas is always a game or two from being a .500 team. I am sure that it is just coincidence because Dallas has won so many games with Dak passing 40-50 times a game. You can eliminate Zeke from the equation if it makes you feel better, and say that the running game is the difference between winning or losing. It’s all the same. There is no shame with having a balanced offense, especially when the results are the Cowboys winning games.

Aulac

Reaction score
Man, for a Vet, you sure are sensitive.

But then again, you were in the Army and not the Marines. I guess we Marines were taught to have a little thicker skin than that.
:thumbup:

I was in the Navy, I was in charge of distributing people paycheck so everyone had to be on good behavior around me.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I feel they love Dak more than the team...just an observation. Meanwhile I'm the exact opposite.
You've proven over and over since you joined with this burn handle that your observations are incorrect.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Did you miss Cooper catching poorly thrown balls by Dak? I lost count how many times Cooper had to dive or go low for a ball that was not perfectly thrown. In fact if you read the game thread in the first half, people were literally saying "Dak is doing his best to give the game away"...that not what MVP do. Hell we may have lost the game if the entire Giants offense wasn't injure.
You're not serious, are you?

I mean, the Cowboys put up 500+ yards and 37 points against their D. The Giants, even with Jones, Barkley or whoever else, is NOT scoring 38 on us. I mean, they have Jason "I'm living in the early 90's" Garrett as their OC.

This game, despite all the early mistakes, was NEVER in doubt, IMO.

Aulac

Reaction score
Absolute horse bleep.. There is nobody here cheering "for Dak only." Everybody acknowledges that the ultimate goal is to win the Super Bowl.. However this repeated assertion that we can't celebrate the ride is ridiculous. I'm not about to just sit here and be quiet sitting on my hands until the Super Bowl. You wanna do that.. fine .. go ahead.. I like football too much and choppin it up ABOUT football too much to play that game. YMMV.

I hope we can even make the NFCCG in the first place. Our schedule is soft compare to other top teams (beside Bucs). There is no SB without NFCCG. Once we make the NFCCG is when I will start to believe.

jnday

Reaction score
Absolute horse bleep.. There is nobody here cheering "for Dak only." Everybody acknowledges that the ultimate goal is to win the Super Bowl.. However this repeated assertion that we can't celebrate the ride is ridiculous. I'm not about to just sit here and be quiet sitting on my hands until the Super Bowl. You wanna do that.. fine .. go ahead.. I like football too much and choppin it up ABOUT football too much to play that game. YMMV.
And the cheerleader says GO COWBOYS!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Passing leader? MVP and Comeback player of the year?

The kid who can't throw is now the second highest rated passer in the NFL and is completing 74% of his passes despite his glaring accuracy issues.. What a lucky duck he must be.. Right now he sits behind Russell Wilson who obviously is gone for 6-8 weeks maybe more.. If Wilson doesn't come back he will fall off the qualifier list which means Dak has a realistic shot at the "passing title" this season. If the Cowboys finished with 13-14 wins he's definitely going to be in the MVP conversation and the Comeback player award is almost a given at this point..

AlI can say is .. wow!

He might not stop there at this rate this season. I think, if we can make it to the Super Bowl, he might end up getting himself a Super Bowl MVP award if we make it that far. That's how well Dak is playing ATM.

Mark

Reaction score
The only award that matters in the NFL is the Lombardi Trophy.

jnday

Reaction score
Yeah, some of these guys go back and forth....gets kinda frustrating....
It would really be boring without the back and forth. Well, at least it would be boring for me. It would be intolerable if all of these posters decided to squeal and giggle like school girls while they sing Dak’s praises. It hasn’t gotten to that point yet, but the squeals and giggles are making some posters gag and become nauseous.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Dak doesn't care about things like passing titles, he cares about Super Bowls. If he wins a Super Bowl with the most visible franchise in the world, his name will be etched in the record books for life. He will be royalty, and that's enough for him, and me.

Aulac

Reaction score
It would really be boring without the back and forth. Well, at least it would be boring for me. It would be intolerable if all of these posters decided to squeal and giggle like school girls while they sing Dak’s praises. It hasn’t gotten to that point yet, but the squeals and giggles are making some posters gag and become nauseous.

Yup it like Dak beat up on the lowly Giants (while throwing a pick...and multiple drop picks) without their QB, RB, and 3 WR's and now the MVP chant is back in full force...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Just your opinion which you're entitled to as am I.
no its not

its how the voting goes we have balanced offense in a weak conference and division with a weak schedule where as many of the others have pass heavy offense in tough division with tougher schedule..its facts man not opinions daks playing great but MVP over the other 4-5 options is larger hill to climb and unimportant in the grand scheme ..ill take the balanced offense that can lead to playoff run over the mvp..see lamar jackson.wasnt he one and done the MVP year..

lets enjoy him playing great and not have all these debates 5 games in..

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
He is playing phenomenally this year. This team is really clicking. I doubt he is passing leader, but he is a shoe-in for comeback player and will be in the running for MVP.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Passing leader? MVP and Comeback player of the year?

The kid who can't throw is now the second highest rated passer in the NFL and is completing 74% of his passes despite his glaring accuracy issues.. What a lucky duck he must be.. Right now he sits behind Russell Wilson who obviously is gone for 6-8 weeks maybe more.. If Wilson doesn't come back he will fall off the qualifier list which means Dak has a realistic shot at the "passing title" this season. If the Cowboys finished with 13-14 wins he's definitely going to be in the MVP conversation and the Comeback player award is almost a given at this point..

AlI can say is .. wow!

come back player of the year, yes. MVP, maybe? He has better odds to win SB MVP? :flagwave: Passing leader, doubtful because we run the ball so well.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dak doesn't care about things like passing titles, he cares about Super Bowls. If he wins a Super Bowl with the most visible franchise in the world, his name will be etched in the record books for life. He will be royalty, and that's enough for him, and me.

Well the post wasn't addressed to Dak.. LOL!.. We know he doesn't read this board.. Still he DOES care about shutting up doubters and naysayers.. Remember when Landon Collins said their plan was the stop Zeke and put the game in Dak's hands and Dak responded "Challenge accepted," then went out and lit the Giants on fire!!! Or how about when he told the mediots to "Keep doubting us..?" Dak has shown he hears some of that noise and uses it as fuel.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If the Cowboys end up with the best record in the league and Dak's stats continue on the path they are going...I see no reason to believe that Dak isn't a legit contender. As of right now there's no one with stats much better than his.....He's 3rd in Touchdowns....2nd in QBrating, 2nd in completion.....

Hypothetically let's say the Cowboys end up 15-2 and its the best record in the NFL......he will have a shot.
did NOT say he didnt have shot said the others are in better situation to win it..a shot isn't enough to win..i say ot will be out of those i mentioned daks in the mix sure but some pass heavy unbalanced offenses with tougher schedules will have the tie breakers. You brought up record so do i and ours is in weak division, weaker conference and weaker schedule , Daks losing the mvp in close race over that alone.. 15-2 ok lets stop that..

lol forst its mvp talk now oit predictions i say no way.. 13-4 maybe, man that weird to say , these 17 game splits just dont look right..

Herbert, allen, murray,and stfford plus the usual suspects mahoames and rogers we talking after 17 not 5 so lets be real that tough crowd and soem dont even bother running the ball..
LIke i said hes in the mix no doubt but win it very low % I say no..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
come back player of the year, yes. MVP, maybe? He has better odds to win SB MVP? :flagwave: Passing leader, doubtful because we run the ball so well.

People keep posting this so I feel I need to clear up one thing.. The passing leader is not the one with the most yards.. It's the one with the highest passer rating. It's not all that celebrated and it doesn't measure anything but passing but it's generally accepted as a strong indicator of good QB play. Our ability to run the ball is only going to HELP Dak in this regard because it allows us to throw in more favorable situations against more favorable coverages.