Can DJ Moore be an effective 1 WR in the NFL?

cnuball21

Reaction score
a) You need to read what I said about using declarations for opinions again. Do you not know what declarations are?
b) You need to learn the difference between a comparison and an equivalence.
c) yes both Moore and Ridley compare to OBJ as a prospect. Similar size, athletic ability, and production.
d) you can contrast them too, something you have failed hard at doing.

Ridley is close, but still isn't on the same level as OBJ as a prospect. Not quite as powerful and explosive and doesn't possess the same #1 traits.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
When has Williams tracked balls over his shoulder? I don’t recall this. Only thing he catches are slants and deep in breaking routes

We've rarely thrown the deep straight down the field posts that give you the prettiest over the shoulder catches.

Some of these are slants and deep breaking routes. Sometimes a post down the sideline. He catches them over the shoulder, shoulders turned away from the QB, with palms up extension downfield rather than shoulder turned toward QB palms out extension back toward the QB. Almost all his big plays over the years were of the former and not the latter type.

You may have to go back to Romo years, though I think Williams had a nice layout for Dak in 2016.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Ridley is close, but still isn't on the same level as OBJ as a prospect. Not quite as powerful and explosive and doesn't possess the same #1 traits.

Moore is more powerful and explosive. And what traits would those be? OBJ was picked 12th not 2nd. He was also the 3rd WR picked.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Guys who got nothing always resort to personal insults.

I never understand the point of the "you're stupid/ignorant" claims besides as pure rhetoric attempting to cow the unconfident. Maybe it's even true, but how is telling me supposed to convince me? If someone wants to show me what a dullard I am, let them put their big boy pants on and *argue better*.

NolanRyan77

Reaction score
I never understand the point of the "you're stupid/ignorant" claims besides as pure rhetoric attempting to cow the unconfident. Maybe it's even true, but how is telling me supposed to convince me? If someone wants to show me what a dullard I am, let them put their big boy pants on and *argue better*.
Agreed man. No room for insults, not necessary

cnuball21

Reaction score
Moore is more powerful and explosive. And what traits would those be? OBJ was picked 12th not 2nd. He was also the 3rd WR picked.

Moore has more power than Ridley and that's about it.

I don't understand what you're asking about OBJ...ask a prospect he was basically a combo of Ridleys route running/quickness and Moore size/power but with more burst.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Trust me man I read scouting reports all the time and listen to scout podcasts every day. I understand your point but it doesn't make sense to me. How many times on tape are you watching receiver run 60-80 yards straight down the field and how can you quantify that to say that Ridley's long speed is better than Moore's? You can't. That's what im saying. If you say Dane Brugler thinks that Ridley has better long speed, that's an opinion not a fact. I try to work off of facts. The fact is Moore ran a better 40 than Kirk and Ridley. He's not my pet cat, I do like him a lot.

Catch up speed is different from long speed. Catch up speed works off of the assumption that the CB made a mistake, jumped a route, etc and has to make up that speed to catch a WR. Long speed is just pure straight line speed and yes I agree in both catch up and long speed, burst and pure speed are a necessity.
I dont care what scouts say. Scouts said Julio Jones game speed didn't match his 4.39 40 time.
Anyone who's watched him play knows he's fast and explosive. P Peterson ran 4.34 and Julio abused him 2 years ago.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
He isn't a prototypical #1 WR, but can be a very good #2 WR who is playing #1 which isn't a bad thing in todays NFL.
Lions have 2 #2 and they are both very good in Tate and Jones III.
Vikings have 2 #2 and they are also both very good in Diggs and Thielen.

With todays spread type offenses and with bigger CB's the prototypical big #1 WR is more great but is also a huge hindrance on salary cap space and takes away from having a truly diverse offensive scheme of playing the matchups.

Guys like DJ Moore and Anthony Miller aren't going to be Julio Jones and AJ Green type guys but if I can get guys who can create separation and make plays with the ball in there hands your offense will have consistency because you are reliant up 1 WR.

With that being said DJ Moore is exactly what I'm looking for in a WR, and if I can cut Dez add cap space to re-sign our own and maybe go out and sign someone like Emmanuel Sanders to a 2-3 year deal I think this offense is better off.
Sanders is 31. NO thanks

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Moore has more power than Ridley and that's about it.

I don't understand what you're asking about OBJ...ask a prospect he was basically a combo of Ridleys route running/quickness and Moore size/power but with more burst.

Moore was better in his speed, jump, and agility drills than Ridley.
Moore had better jumps and was slightly better in 40. OBJ beat him in 3 cone and shuttle but weighs 15 lbs less. Moore is 15 lbs heavier the OBJ and 25 lbs heavier than Ridley. I have no idea where you get this notion that OBJ has Moore's size or power. Frankly he is good in neither department.

IOW, given the jumps and size OBJ is nowhere near as powerful as Moore. OBJ is quicker somewhat but again is 15 lbs lighter. Once you account for size Moore pulls ahead.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Moore was better in his speed, jump, and agility drills than Ridley.
Moore had better jumps and was slightly better in 40. OBJ beat him in 3 cone and shuttle but weighs 15 lbs less. Moore is 15 lbs heavier the OBJ and 25 lbs heavier than Ridley. I have no idea where you get this notion that OBJ has Moore's size or power. Frankly he is good in neither department.

IOW, given the jumps and size OBJ is nowhere near as powerful as Moore. OBJ is quicker somewhat but again is 15 lbs lighter. Once you account for size Moore pulls ahead.
Obj s weakness is letting people get physical with him occasionally. Remember 2015 when we delivered that big hit in him and he disappeared for the rest of the game?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Moore is the real deal. I think 19 might be a little rich, but would prefer him over any of the other WR's in the first round. I thought the kid looked good on his tape and would go early in the 2nd. But that 40 time put him in the first round. I thought he would be a 4.5+ guy.