Can Garrett save his job in your eyes?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I personally think this is his last year regardless. I starting to wonder if BOTH Jerry/Stephen AND Jason feel it's time to move on. The carrots Jerry's been throwing his way is pimping him for another HC imo. Just read a tweet that Marvin Lewis will be one of the hot names in the 2020 coaching cycles according to couple GMs. The feeling is the fad of looking for the next McVay is fading rather than to more traditional guys with proven winning records. It's possible Jerry already aware of this.

Also here's another angle IMO........Garrett gets to NFCCG or Super Bowl but Jerry and Stephen offer him ONLY a one or two year deal........knowing very well he probably won't take it.

JayFord

Reaction score
In a league that requires every possible advantage we lack one of the most important ingredients: COACHING. In my opinion I think hes done in Dallas. I saw a stat that hes 1-13 without Romo and Dak. That's horrible.
He needs all pro talent across the board to be competitive

waldoputty

Reaction score
Are you like me and feel that Garrett needs to go no matter what? Or can he achieve something this year to save his job? I want him gone. We could pull off the unthinkable and win a Super Bowl and I would probably still want him gone.
can he just drop dead

willia451

Reaction score
Are you like me and feel that Garrett needs to go no matter what? Or can he achieve something this year to save his job? I want him gone. We could pull off the unthinkable and win a Super Bowl and I would probably still want him gone.

fMMYLbg.jpg

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Sure. Just see what happens the rest of the way. He’s still the frontrunner to be the coach next season.

Does he even want to return? His body language reflects someone who is ready to leave the Jones boys comedy of errors.

ultron

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he'll end up getting a 'promotion' into the front office, but I think they'll be moving on from him as the head coach.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Does he even want to return? His body language reflects someone who is ready to leave the Jones boys comedy of errors.

Been saying this.......it's entirely possible he's tired for himself AND his family. Imagine what his kids go through at schools.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As head coach, no. He needs to be more of an assistant GM or supportive admin role. Kinda like tom coughlin in Jacksonville.

Silly

Reaction score
He wins the division and he is coming back. It will be Rod that retires.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
It’s possible if NFC championship...having this rough season with just playoff appearance or less,I don’t think odds favor him. I know I’m not interested in his brand of goober football.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
In a league that requires every possible advantage we lack one of the most important ingredients: COACHING. In my opinion I think hes done in Dallas. I saw a stat that hes 1-13 without Romo and Dak. That's horrible.
Two guys who wouldve been successful without him. Anybody thinking garrett made Dak is cute

blueblood70

Reaction score
yes win 2 playoff games and get to a NFCCG..that when jerry will resign him..

yimyammer

Reaction score

it doesn't matter what we think, jeri is looking for only the slightest justification to keep him and I suspect the team will rally enough to do just that

stilltheguru

Reaction score
garrett has to do more than clap on the sideline, you gotta coach-Terry Bradshaw.

Let me guess garrett fans. Bradshaw is misinformed? Stupid? Bitter? Jealous? Which one? When the d cant cover a screen he does WHAT? oh, thats Rod/Richard, not me. I hate that guy with a passion

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He would have to win a Super Bowl. That would prove me wrong as far as what I think of him

I dont think he is a bad coach. I think he is kind of a poor mans Marty Schottenheimer. A coach that can put good seasons together, but his deficiencies are ultimately going to derail him. Personally I would have fired him after 2017

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
Agree with an NFCC appearance. That would even change my mind. Of course if I believed he could do that then I wouldn’t want him to walk in the first place.