Can I get a straight answer please?

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
dallas_112678;2489070 said:
im sorry but answers only come in circles.

or is it that answers come in the form of a question, so I will give you one answer I hear most often:

it involves the Cowboys, so why would it not be true?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
BHendri5;2489884 said:
that my friend sounds like a winning plan. Better yet, give the job to me

You would want to fight every one.............. Hmmmm owens goes off
you kick his butt................ let me call Jerry.:D

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2489162 said:
Are there any reporters you don't think are a joke?

Todd Archer. Jay Glazer. Adam Shefter.

How many times did Mort and Werder report that Parcells was going to retire at the end of each and every year he coached here (according to their sources)?

How about Mort and Werder saying that Owens tried to commit suicide back in 2006?

How about Keith Davis supposedly being dead?

Both of them had these sources and amazingly, their sources were wrong.

After awhile you can only draw a few conclusions from these goofballs:

1) They are making stuff up.

2) Their sources have zero credibility

3) Their sources are not as close to the team as they would have you believe.

4) They are spinning their sources stories.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice....

YAKUZA

BHendri5

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2489893 said:
You would want to fight every one.............. Hmmmm owens goes off
you kick his butt................ let me call Jerry.:D

You're right. LOL

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
BHendri5;2489854 said:
yeah, you are right, he does get open eventually, but you do realize that it takes him longer because of the routes they call him to run, most of the time and you do know he is often doubled and tripled covered, so yeah it takes him a few minutes, he does not have that quickness that a S. Moss and Randle El have they are smaller, infact Roy does not have it either, we have no WRs that are quick except Amendola, but he is practice squad. The receivers we have has to build up momentum they have speed, but not that kind of quickness.

And when he does get his hands on the ball, I'll ask you do he needs to talk, no because he shows you what he can do, and he has done it time and time again, even before he got here. Has he not ever done anything when he has the ball in his hands, i'm not talking about those dum reverses and screens passes those are the dumbest plays you can call for Roy and T.O.

You sound like when you watch the game ,you are really watch the game, and the games that go on within the game.
There are so many in here that just watch, and they really do not know what is going on, they pay attention to the highlight type of stuff and who is ahead, or who made the td.

Thanks. But I'm not an expert.

TO just needs to play. Romo needs to get the ball to the right people. And Jason needs to call the right plays.

Simple huh.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2489902 said:
Todd Archer. Jay Glazer. Adam Shefter.

How many times did Mort and Werder report that Parcells was going to retire at the end of each and every year he coached here (according to their sources)?

How about Mort and Werder saying that Owens tried to commit suicide back in 2006?

How about Keith Davis supposedly being dead?

Both of them had these sources and amazingly, their sources were wrong.

After awhile you can only draw a few conclusions from these goofballs:

1) They are making stuff up.

2) Their sources have zero credibility

3) Their sources are not as close to the team as they would have you believe.

4) They are spinning their sources stories.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice....

YAKUZA

Great post. And Archer is very dependable.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lewpac;2489696 said:
If (when) Dallas misses the playoffs, you're gonna' get a ton more from Werder and Mortensen.
Because if (when) that happens, or if the traditional "one and done" happens in the playoffs, T.O. is primed to REALLY do his thing.
And, this is not a dig on Owens. I hope he DOES go off and "do his thing". I want, what appears to be, the only guy on this team with nuggets, to call out everyone from Jerry to Phillips to Romo on down.
It appears to me that T.O. is the only guy on the team who feels and speaks to the disgust that half of us Dallas fans feel out here. You know, the opinion that gets the obligatory "you're not a fan" crap because we don't "rah-rah" for an underachieving and uninspired lot. In fact, the REAL fans are the ones who are angry and pissed off........starting with that debacle last year, and the joke called the "2008 regular season".......
Go for it T.O...............................
Only two people connected with the Dallas Cowboys can effect real change on this team:
  • Jerry Jones
  • Wade Phillips
That's it. No one else. These are the only two people in the entire world who matter.

Now, if Terrell Owens wishes to add his input for enacting change he feels will improve Dallas' chances of future success, there is one right way and one wrong way to accomplish this task:
  1. Owens can request for a private, one-on-one meeting with both Jerry Jones and Wade Phillips. He can unload on both men, then sit back and hope that he has done enough to affect change for the better without ever telling another soul. OR
  2. Owens can take his argument to the court of public opinion, either openly or convertly, and hope that outsiders will "force" Jerry Jones and/or Wade Phillips hand to meet his demands.
If he decides to do the former, more power to him. It would be a responsible move on his part and should be respected by all--even IF no one would ever know that the meeting took place.

However, if he decides to the latter, it will fit his customary m.o. and will receive the media scrutiny worthy of the immature nonsense which spawned the act itself.

So, what will Owens do?

Scranton Tiger

Reaction score
lewpac;2489696 said:
If (when) Dallas misses the playoffs, you're gonna' get a ton more from Werder and Mortensen.
Because if (when) that happens, or if the traditional "one and done" happens in the playoffs, T.O. is primed to REALLY do his thing.
And, this is not a dig on Owens. I hope he DOES go off and "do his thing". I want, what appears to be, the only guy on this team with nuggets, to call out everyone from Jerry to Phillips to Romo on down.
It appears to me that T.O. is the only guy on the team who feels and speaks to the disgust that half of us Dallas fans feel out here. You know, the opinion that gets the obligatory "you're not a fan" crap because we don't "rah-rah" for an underachieving and uninspired lot. In fact, the REAL fans are the ones who are angry and pissed off........starting with that debacle last year, and the joke called the "2008 regular season".......
Go for it T.O...............................
What T.O. is saying now and has said in the past isn't a problem. I agree with almost all of it. The problem is that he seems to believe you do it through the media instead of in the locker room. I also agree someone should go the **** off. However, you and I should never hear about it during the season. Things like that should ALWAYS be handled in house. JMO

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
What I didn't like about Spears interview was that he said "...it didn't come to blows..."...meaing to me anyways, that there is something there....

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Jimz31;2490088 said:
What I didn't like about Spears interview was that he said "...it didn't come to blows..."...meaing to me anyways, that there is something there....

I caught that too. Who know's hopefully they all act profesional for a few hours tonight. Hope fully a W heals some of this.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Terence Newman stated in his interview with ESPN this past week that teammates were asking Terrell Owens why Jason Witten gets the ball more than he does.

Also, in the same interview, Terence Newman was asked to compare the current team chemistry with those of the past and he stated that the 2007 team had better chemistry and he felt the coaches were not being held accountable for their mistakes.

Terence Newman's comments are enough to let me know that there is some type of strife going on in the locker room.