Can lightning strike twice?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
@batman36...he’s so used to taking abuse that his usual knee-jerk response to most comments on his inane threads is a defensive lash-out.

You’re in good company.
thumbs_up.gif
Oh,you are the swarmy evil teen, right?

Verdict

Reaction score
Rumors are swirling Dez might be coming back to Dallas.

While that seems unlikely, lightning can strike twice in the same place.

What I recall were mis-adventures one after the other punctuated by killer games an dropped passes.

What I remember about Dez was him thinking he messed his knee up one time so bad he missed his doctor appt. and a dragnet was sent out to find him.

Turned out to be nothing. He was just afraid his career was over. No big deal. He should just suck it up.

What I remember was him dropping some passes after he came back too soon after 3 weeks out.

I remember him ranting on the sidelines about them losing and him wanting the ball.

I remember him leading our team all time in catches, yards and TDs until Witten later broke the records after 16 years playing..

only it took Dez 8 seasons to make the records.

You do the math and tell me which was the better player.

I remember him lashing out at players, coaches and owners about being cut without so much as a suggesting he stay and take a pay cut or reduction in his play involvement.

This was hugely a mistake. Beasley complained even worst and they still wanted him back but Beasley said. "No way".

I think Beasley and Dez were correct. Garrett and the other coaches are gone. Witten is gone.

You Dez haters can remain where you are. But anybody with any intelligence can see Garrett was a failure, Jerrah was an idiot to keep him, Witten was jealous of Dez and how Jerrah spoiled Dez..

and Dez got riden out of town on a rail.

Some would like us to believe Dez did something to disgrace the team. Hardly.

Dez can still play. We will all see him again.

How I am not sure or where.

I hope he plays here where he was a legend.

As a kid I read many books about Cowboys who fell out of grace who later redeemed themselves and became heroes again

Hello?

I love most of your work. This one, not so much. But peace brother.

luckyman76

Reaction score
Dez got riden out of town? That is revising history.

If he could still play, he would be on a roster today.

...the truth hurts and still needs to be said. He was so desired that he is not on a roster. He was a HORRIBLE route runner. He cannot play TE or in the slot. He had lost a step because he used his upper body as a crutch to muscle people away from him for separation. He couldn't get actual separation because he was too slow. This was all before he blew his Achilles. There were things I loved about his attitude and a whole lot that I didn't. When someone makes a mistake or he doesn't get the ball he is uncontrollable with rage. When he fumbles or drops the ball or screws up the route and it gets intercepted he smiles and laughs it off, "oops my bad." I love that he wants to be a Cowboy and I feel that he, Romo, Witten, and Ware should have been able to walk off into the sunset as Cowboys with a Super Bowl trophy but that's not the world we live in. I think its time we stop living in fantasy land and own our mistakes, take responsibility, and fix them so we can win a real Super Bowl. People forget Amari Cooper was our way of dealing with the colossal failure Dez was AFTER he got paid. Ask yourself if Dez's personality would really let him be a #4WR at the vet min and be happy and then reference his behavior from before.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dez is brought back on a 1 year prove it deal, fine, if not, also fine. Does not matter to me one way or the other.

Let him compete, with no guarantees. But he will be a 3rd / 4th WR. Maybe even a 5th. However it mostly depends what happens in the draft. Do they sleet a WR early, do they go day 3 WR for a slot / PR guy.

A Dez signing most likely does not happen until after the draft.

Sydla

Reaction score
I want Dez back so Pollard, Jarwin, Cooper, and Smith can take turns playing in the slot (just to mix things up). Plus, Dez can return punts while Pollard handles kick returns. Not to mention he'll definitely help in the redzone.

The DB's could use someone to really challenge them in practice. And the other wideouts could learn a thing or two from his competitive nature.

There are a lot of positives and very few negatives, if any.

Dez will return punts?

Yeah, that’s not happening.

superonyx

Reaction score
Dez got riden out of town? That is revising history.

If he could still play, he would be on a roster today.
Or he isn’t on a roster because after his injury has chose to not make a comeback attempt until now.

or do you know about all these times he tried and teams cut him?

superonyx

Reaction score
Dez Bryant's time with Dallas has come and gone. The NFL draft to come will be one that will assuredly be dotted with superior WRs within the first three rounds. This isn't simply a statement that is being made by myself, alone, but by scores of others who are familiar with the current NFL talent at that rich position. The Cowboys and many other teams, should be inclined to lean to such talent first, before Dez is welcomed back.
With holes in many other positions I don’t know that our front office would prioritize a high draft pick on a 3rd WR. WR have one of the highest bust rates in the first round. I would think we are just as in need at positions like CB or Center.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Rumors are swirling Dez might be coming back to Dallas.

While that seems unlikely, lightning can strike twice in the same place.

What I recall were mis-adventures one after the other punctuated by killer games an dropped passes.

What I remember about Dez was him thinking he messed his knee up one time so bad he missed his doctor appt. and a dragnet was sent out to find him.

Turned out to be nothing. He was just afraid his career was over. No big deal. He should just suck it up.

What I remember was him dropping some passes after he came back too soon after 3 weeks out.

I remember him ranting on the sidelines about them losing and him wanting the ball.

I remember him leading our team all time in catches, yards and TDs until Witten later broke the records after 16 years playing..

only it took Dez 8 seasons to make the records.

You do the math and tell me which was the better player.

I remember him lashing out at players, coaches and owners about being cut without so much as a suggesting he stay and take a pay cut or reduction in his play involvement.

This was hugely a mistake. Beasley complained even worst and they still wanted him back but Beasley said. "No way".

I think Beasley and Dez were correct. Garrett and the other coaches are gone. Witten is gone.

You Dez haters can remain where you are. But anybody with any intelligence can see Garrett was a failure, Jerrah was an idiot to keep him, Witten was jealous of Dez and how Jerrah spoiled Dez..

and Dez got riden out of town on a rail.

Some would like us to believe Dez did something to disgrace the team. Hardly.

Dez can still play. We will all see him again.

How I am not sure or where.

I hope he plays here where he was a legend.

As a kid I read many books about Cowboys who fell out of grace who later redeemed themselves and became heroes again

Hello?
OMG, hope he is not coming back. he is such a distraction to this team right now. he is not on the team and he is a distraction. we don't need Dez. he is not going to help us in anyway to get to the superbowl this year, because we are not going to the superbowl….and then next year...one year older, that much slower, mouth that much bigger...and more distractions....this guy is a headcase we don't need.