Can Luepke do more?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I’ve been really impressed with some of the catches he’s made. There’s been a few highly skilled ones that you wouldn’t expect a FB to make.

Give me Luepke all day/everyday over Vaughn.

starfan1

Reaction score
He seems very solid and productive...blocking catching running. Can he get a bigger role...or is he a bit player?
YES!

There are more players than him that could. McCarthy is killing this team. I can't wait for him to be fired.
I am encouraged by what I see from him this year and he should be used more

And just like BDC McCarthy annoys me and is as big of a deterrent to our success as the defense imo.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He seems very solid and productive...blocking catching running. Can he get a bigger role...or is he a bit player?
I believe he should have a much larger role for sure. IMO he’s a player with some decent value if not overexposed.

Btw, how far has this running game fallen when Hunter Luepke is the best option for our running game? Nothing against Luepke but that sentence above summarizes our offensive challenges in one sentence. And after Lamb, the WR position is also toothless.

Defenses are so unafraid of this running game, they are posting safeties super deep and taking away most deep and intermediate passing routes.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
YES!

There are more players than him that could. McCarthy is killing this team. I can't wait for him to be fired.
No. Many, probably most, coaches today wouldn't even consider using a fullback in the first place. Mike is one of the few who will because he's had success with that position in the past.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I believe he should have a much larger role for sure. IMO he’s a player with some decent value if not overexposed.

Btw, how far has this running game fallen when Hunter Luepke is the best option for our running game? Nothing against Luepke but that sentence above summarizes our offensive challenges in one sentence. And after Lamb, the WR position is also toothless.

Defenses are so unafraid of this running game, they are posting safeties super deep and taking away most deep and intermediate passing routes.
I guess it would be kinda like having to feature the Moose because we didn't have Emmitt or anyone else near that level.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Come on. You are on here 24/7. You know wishing failure and misery on players, coaches and management is the norm.
So is wishing for championships. That's all people really want even when they are using hyperbole to express their frustrations. Surely, you are adult enough to comprehend and understand that.

rambo2

Reaction score
We should be rolling with Luepke starting at FB and either focus on Dowdle as primary back, or go get a primary back you can rent for cheap for one season, and use Dowdle as backup. Stop wasting time with Zeke and Vaughn, and cut them.

Heck, I wouldn't mind using some old I-Formation plays like we used to do with Moose and Emmitt. Luepke could be Moose-like.
Cut them? You can't cut them and have nothing left for depth.